Hopelessly Focused

Hopelessly Focused

A Poem by CRZ

I wake up early but sleep late.
I have determination of being someone truly great
but then I get lazy then I get dull then I get back up. I
I don't know what to do to get there
But I know which direction I want to go to
I'm talking too much in the first person.
But at the end of the day, I only have myself
I...I...I...I... need something more than motivation
I need a spark to lead me through a dark park full of
dares , distractions and final marks.
Need to get off this couch of hopelessness 
need to get off and get on my own two shoes
I guess I'm just venting hoping it'll stop.
But I know my darkness will help me find the purpose through the light. 

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one has a lot of interesting twists. "my darkness will help me find purpose through the light" stands out the most. A remarkable reversal from the usual role these two play. I like you 5th stanza it has a lot of character. The second one needs some punctuation, it was difficult to distinguish what you were trying to say. But the overall message is great. You feel trapped within yourself, motivation is not enough, you need that spark, that carrot to dangle in front of you and lead the way. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't know what to do to get there
But I know which direction I want to go to

If you know this - you're light years ahead of half the planet.
Well penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Finding the balance of darkness and light and embracing them both is a tricky business. Moving through it is even harder. This poem expressed it very well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Everyone has a darkness they can use to their advantage, an old shamanic belief, glad to see it put to good use. Enjoyed the honesty and drive of this poem

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have some great lines here that state your problem very well. Only a tranquil mind creates masterpieces. A disturbed mind is some puppeteer's puppet. Perhaps you should delve in Zen relaxation techniques. If you're from another religion, Zen has no problem with that since it's more a psychology of mind than a religion. You can't let everyday troubles keep you from being all that you can be. At this moment, you are as you think, and feel. Seize a moment for yourself, your true self, and then seize the next. We live our lives one moment at a time. Every moment contains a gem for those who are of mind to seek it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
NA
I can relate...great vent :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


sometimes focusing too much on ourselves can lead to depression,hoplessness....good write

Posted 10 Years Ago


"But I know my darkness will help me find the purpose through the light." that's a really interesting turn at the end of your poem. enjoyed reading it a lot.
Well penned :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I felt this so many times; knowing what you want to do as a writer, but not having the resources all the time, or the energy to create new stuff. This was a nice piece CRZ, many will relate to this i'm sure.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ironic..."But I know my darkness will help me find the purpose through the light."
Sometimes those dark memories motivate us to find our purpose. When we are happy for the day, then we might not think of how we can be worthwhile. But when we are full of problems in a day, we tend to more active to find solution to them. Be become more worthwhile.

We should remember that only through His light we can see our path...

Nicely penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I can look at this two ways - any more would give us both a headache. Still... but ...maybe? Nah, its limited to you either want a comment or a review (but not a critique - those are too literal - but - well, maybe -- sigh.

Indecisiveness bites the reader AND the author. Talk to me and tell me what you want me to hear - need me to hear... I came to listen and silence don't do it ...yes?

I'm digging at you a little - I apologize, But I was writing and stopped the train of thought when I noticed the Friend Request and came to listen to a new poet's work.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

723 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blinky light Blinky light

A Poem by Angi


Change Change

A Poem by KeelyJane


Grape jam Grape jam

A Poem by Angi