8:16

8:16

A Poem by CRZ

Life is anything but stable.
         One day you're at the top then you're struggling in a new different way. It's just up to our character and soul to make some type consistency in this dirt, so consistent that when any challenge that passes through us either expected , unexpected, side ways, Fridays, that it won't matter , we'll get through it.
                         The only body we have to live in is ourselves. 
                                       
                                      Your body is a building. You're the super, you make space for who ever you want in your life. If they pay their rent on a reasonable time, they get closer to you and you trust them. There will always be problems in your building. Either is door problems, sink problems, cable problems , they will always come. 
                                            

                                           Having a perfect building in our lives is impossible 

                                                                                                    Is up to us, 
                                                                                                         to handle the
                                                                                                               problems 
                                                                                                     or let 'em handle us

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really liked how you compared a building with a person's own body, I hadn't even heard of a comparison like that and I think it is really creative and accurate. By reading your work I have really started to imagine how my building looks like, and how the people inside it behave. I think maybe I need a remodeling.
I really enjoyed it, but I just wanted to say that I would really liked it if you would make an example of a description of a room and it's colors to the situation in a person's life. That would be so awesome!!! Thanks a lot c:

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CRZ

10 Years Ago

Thank you maggie :) & you gave me a great idea, we'll let time decide what I do.
Noehm Strawhair

10 Years Ago

and I'll be eager to read it!! :D



Reviews

I have to admit that the beginning was a bit weird, but overall it was good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I agree with you close...it is up to us to handle our problems. I could get philosophical on you :) but I won't. Life is unstable, its up to you to figure out why and how to change that. I like the flow of this one, its much smoother than some of your other pieces. The message is solid and clear. I like your reference to buildings and bodies. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Is up to us,
to handle the
problems
or let 'em handle us

absolutely - these are words to live by.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Truly a comparison like none other! Bravo, darling! You did quite excellent! Though we do not know each other, I am proud of you and I love you very much, dear friend. God bless you, child.

Posted 10 Years Ago


cool write, I liked this verse a lot.. keep it up
" Is up to us,
to handle the
problems
or let 'em handle us"

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great write.....comparing a persons body to a building is a nice idea.No person like a building is perfect. It is with these imperfections that the world is made up of-- "having a perfect building is impssible/Is up to us/t o handle the/problems/or let'em handle us/".....very beautifully said.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great use of metaphor! My building has had its share of problems! Some days I just wanted to demolish it, but I had renters counting on me. I almost lowered the rent, but it's in a good neighborhood, so why bring in the riff raff? LOL Enjoyed reading this piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice analogy. When you first went with "your body is a building" I was expecting skelaton of steel, etc but I like where you went with the superintendent.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thought provoking write Jason, with an interesting comparison of man and building. This line is missing the word 'of' after "type" "some type consistency in this dirt" .

Posted 10 Years Ago


How true is this? Like the old saying..."It's always something". But it is how we deal with that something that proves our merit in this thing called life. Very cool my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1036 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 25, 2013
Last Updated on July 31, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..