A way towards home (chapter two)

A way towards home (chapter two)

A Chapter by a.c luna
"

chapter two

"
Richard woke up to a bright Saturday morning and still can't believe that he slept with a girl. He stared at Mae's face wondering what will happen next now that they engaged to different level of relationship in just one night but for now he needs to go home and think everything through so he got up and put his clothes on. Mae woke up when she heard Richards footsteps.
''Good morning.. do you want some breakfast..?
No thanks i'll just eat at home i have things that i need to do.
You're leaving yet you haven't told me your name yet...
I'm Richard West.
She stood up and helped Richard button his uniform, in his mind a lot of things are becoming too much of a mystery about Mae like how can she acts normally after having sex with someone she had only met yesterday and why did her father left her. Thanks for that i need to get back to my house. Mae held his hand before he could turn away and walk towards the door. Is something the matter Mae? What you said yesterday about staying by my side it's all true right? Richard saw that deep sadness in her eyes again the kind of sadness that he once had. Yes and i'm keeping that promise so long as you keep yours understand? Will you come and visit me after school? Are you going to stay here? what about you're everyday expenses? She showed him an envelope the same one that she was holding last night. My father left this for me and it's a will to all he owns the deed of the house and his sore is here too.
Well i guess you have everything you need for now. Yes i think i do have everything i need now. Mae was looking at him with such happiness as if saying thank you for being here. Ok then i'll just see you this afternoon. I'll be waiting for you Richard..

What the hell is wrong with me? I had sex with a girl that i just met and now i am seeing her? I think i just got myself a girlfriend but i don't even know her that much. A hard slap on his back came out of nowhere which surprised Richard. HEY! You're talking to yourself again  bro! Will you stop doing that Noel?! Noel is Richards self proclaimed best friend their friendship started when Richard accidentally saved him from a bunch of thugs when Richards bicycles brakes  was not not working thus ramming the two man unconscious. What's up bro, why didn't you go to school yesterday are you sick or something? I had somethings that i needed to do and now i think i'm in a situation that i can't ignore. What do you mean? Nothing i'll just keep to myself. You always do bro.. Hey bro i decided to have one of our classmates for a girlfriend my days of being single will be over soon! Isn't that what you told me last summer and the two summers before that? This time i'll succeed for sure i know my mistakes now and this time i'll be sure to have a girlfriend. Yeah sure, then tell me where did you go wrong? Well.... my mistake was that i didn't told them me good points all i did was praise them yet i don't eve talk about myself and since you're my best friend i'm sure you can tell me what my good sides are. go on bro tell me about my good pointers.
Richard just looked at Noel and no matter how hard he tries to think of a good pointer for him he can't think of a single on which left him to stay silent while feeling sorry for Noel. You're very cruel you know that Richard? How can you not think of anything for your dear friend..? We have been together for 3 years now and still you can't even think of one good pointer that i have?! You just started stalking me after i saved you and even transferred to my section, that action of yours started so many rumors about us you know? Come on bro! Please help me find a girlfriend i don't want to spend my Christmas and new year alone again.. I s that why you keep dragging me to hang out with you every holidays? Well sort of.. but please help me out don't you want happiness for your best friend? Didn't you have that number that we found written on a wall saying ''i'm lonely and i want a boyfriend''? Yes bro but as it turns out it was a ''GAYS'' number i almost got raped! Do you know hard it was to escape from that homo Richard?! So that's why you changed your number? You don't understand bro.., walking around town seeing those guys who have a girl holding on to their arms and acting all sweet.. OH the pain of being a single man!!! You're seventeen Noel you're not even a man yet dumbass. Having a girlfriend is not important, most people today just engage themselves into a relationship just because their friends have girlfriends or boyfriends but the question is do they love each other or they are just doing it for the sake of being not left out by the modern trends of society? You should know Noel that most relationship today are just the same as companionship but having a true friend is entirely different. Richard..... Yes what is it? I love you bro!!!! Noel hugged Richard but Richard kicked him away. Will you stop doing that you're freaking me out! I'm just happy bro.. this is the first time that you called me your best friend.. Is that the reason you don't have a girlfriend cause you have me as your best friend..? The reason why i don't have one is because i got my hands filled thanks to you and i don't remember saying your my best friend. Oh really......? Well enough with this girlfriend. You made me realize that as long as i have a true friend then a girlfriend can wait right Richard? Yeah whatever. 

The two were walking down the road when suddenly Mae called out Richard. Hey you left your bag in my room. Thanks i forgot about this. Noel was stunned with Mae's cuteness and he asked for her name. Excuse me miss.. what's your name...? Huh.? Is he your friend Richard? Sad to say but yes he is. Then let me introduce myself.. hello my name in Mae i'm Richards girlfriend. Hes what? Girlfriend? A girl this beautiful is my best friends girlfriend...? Will you please don't say it like that Mae? But why not? after we shared the night together and that promise that you'll stay by me then i'm not allowed to say that i'm your girlfriend? Well uhm.. i guess you have a point. This is Noel my friend he's weird and all but he's a good guy.. i think. Richard.... What about those words that you told me about having a girlfriend is not important huh?! How could you leave out your best-friend?! Why didn't you tell me that you have such a cute girlfriend?!! I forgot sorry. You forgot?!! Oh dear lord why have you forsaken me letting this guy to have a girl before me?!! You know soon enough the lord will struck you with lightning for being annoying noel. Go on my friend leave me to my despair and have happiness with her i wish you all the best... Mae i think you should go for now i'm going to take this delusional dimwit home. Ok i'll see later Richard. Let's go Noel Everyone is looking at us now. Richard explained to Noel everything that happened yesterday and Noel can't believe what happened. You're telling that you had an instant girlfriend just because she was depressed and you even lost your virginity along the way?! You damn lucky b*****d!!! I'm not lucky moron! Why so? I don't know but there is something about her that dragged me to this relationship, i mean it's not normal for two people who only met each other yesterday to suddenly become a couple. Well yeah that is too sudden but you do know that it's you fault.? So what are you planning now bro? I don't know but i can't just leave her. You see yourself in her right? I don't know but perhaps yes. Richard i have known you for a long time and it's not unusual for you to help people out even though you didn't want to cause that is just the kind of a person you are. You know Richard there is something called fate I mean you have been avoiding having a relationship with the opposite sex even is there are girls in our school that likes you a lot maybe this is what fate wants for you so just go along with and see how this will turns out. It's not as simple as you think it is Noel. Yes it is Richard. You're a good guy you have a lot of good pointers that everyone likes and you have to know that. I'm not sure myself the two of you seems to something special and i can't put my finger into it but believe there is. I haven't had a girlfriend before not to mention i never imagined that i'll loose my virginity on a young age. Bro this is a once in a life time chance for you i'd give everything just to have your place. just look at it this way you now have a girlfriend and if she is really lonely then it's your job to make her feel that shes not, this is now what you have to do and also it's my turn to help you out i'll tell you everything there is to know about having a girlfriend so don't worry too much. You do realize that you have been single ever since you where born right? Please Richard don't spoil the moment with the bitter reality of my life...
You know Noel.. What Richard? You can get yourself a girl if just stop being cocky and start being yourself, you give good advice's from time to time you know? Really? then i can have a girlfriend now? There is that 40/60 chance. You're as cruel as always Richard.. can't you be a more gentle friend? I don't know but can't you be a more sense full guy? Hehe fair enough. 

         A true friend is not the one that talks behind your back but the one that mocks you at your face.    


© 2013 a.c luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on December 15, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013


Author

a.c luna
a.c luna

calapan, philipines, Philippines



About
nothing special more..

Writing
A God's War A God's War

A Book by a.c luna