Flower Power

Flower Power

A Poem by Hebe
"

10 word contest Please review....thank you :)

"
I was sitting at the HARVEST Inn Bar
I knew I was not a mere SEEDLING anymore
I was a fully grown SUNFLOWER
my dress was in full bloom
I wanted something special for this FESTIVE occasion, so I went to my favorite boutique 'Fleur-de Paris' and in the changing room which I named the dream CHAMBER I tried on all the latest TANTALIZING and FLAMBOYANT fashions!
it was worth every penny, I chose yellow velvet petals with white brocade trim and green chiffon leaves falling to the ground.....heavenly
This was my first official date with ALABASTER,
he was a strong STURDY Yarrow, a STALLION in the plant ranking!
He hung out in the garden patch next to me, we had been talking for quite some time sharing and laughing together.....
when the weather conditions felt a little harsh, and our petals and leaves weighed down with rain drops and the wind would want to rip out our roots, he would stretch his branches to cover my weak petals and leaves, what a gentle plant he was!
I must admit I was a little nervous!
Suddenly, i looked up and there he was, tall, strong, lean..... this was the moment I had been waiting for!

© 2016 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a poem which tell a true story and written with using metaphors of flower and powers. I love it. thanks for sharing. keep writing.
:-)

Best
szhzia

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend :)
SZHZIA

7 Years Ago

was my pleasure and you are welcome. :-)
The great description gave life and reason for the poem. I like the need to be festive and the very good ending. Nice to find proper place and person. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Thank you i always appreciate your reviews!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
Thank you for a lovely review. ...I love gardening too
....who's to say flowers and plants don't have there own thing going on :)))

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe,
"Flower Power" such fun! I often take a walk through plantings here at home to see how everyone is. Your poem really took it a step further. Very inspiring and just brought out my love for gardening and nature evern more. Blessings Kathy

Posted 7 Years Ago


Thank you Black Cat ....love your name :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a ery delightful poem, full of romance and tenderness. Such joy!
I really enjoyed this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


thank you Lydi ..... glad I made you smile.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Smiling here.....So the flowers met and fell in love...petals falling on the ground indeed! Very cute personification and metaphor. Unique. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


thank you for your review...I used to sign with a flower too :)..also thanks for the corrections, I should check more thoroughly before uploading!

Posted 7 Years Ago


You have done a great job of using this unusual collection of uncommon words, but having each one feel as if it belongs there in the sentence the way you crafted it. Some writers fall back on clichés & I love that your descriptions & ideas are fresh & original. I love the allegory between plant attributes & human attraction, plus the title is great -- a great memory of my old hippie days. I used to always draw a flower after my first initial -- that was my "signature" for decades!

Line 2: mere (not meer)
Line 4: bloom (not boom)
Line 7: brocade (not broquai) . . . (I think this is what you might've meant)

Posted 7 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 25, 2016
Last Updated on October 29, 2016

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep