Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cass

I glanced in my bedroom mirror. I looked quite OK. For once. I had always dressed with baggy trousers and a white singlet with anything I could find in my closet over it. Now that I have begged my Mum to go shopping, I look quite decent. 
I placed my fingers around my neck to adjust my collar. There. I was ready for my first day at St Mary's. I was excited, but shy in a way. I mean I had my best friend there with me, but I needed to know what my teachers were like. What if they were horrible? Or really nice? How was I going to act this year? Like a nice teachers pet, or a nasty 'don't do my work girl.' 
I ran out into the living room where I found my Mum, lying on the couch in a robe with a box of tissues next to her. 
"Good morning Mum. Are you alright?" I asked. "Should I call in to work for you?"
Mum coughed and blew her nose. 
"If you could, it should be fine though. So are you excited for your first day of school?" Mum asked.
"Yes! I'm dying here, waiting for time to go faster!" I exclaimed.
I walked over to the wall phone in the kitchen. I dialled Mum's work number and after five rings, Mr Zing answered.
"Hello? Zing's Bakery." Zing said.
"Hi, it's Cherry. I need to tell you, Mum won't make it into work this morning. She isn't feeling well." I explained.
Mr Zing was a nice man, but half the time you can't tell if he is listening or not. It's like the news, there's a delay in our chat. After what seemed like forever, Mr Zing replied.
"Sure. I will call tomorrow to see if she's any better." 
"OK, see ya." I ended the call. 
I hung the phone back up on the wall, waved to Mum and went outside. I wasn't old enough to drive and I don't catch the bus so I walked. 
The streets were empty. I was new here, so I didn't know much about the town, but I assumed this was an abandoned road. I inspected the side walks for any litter. I was expecting some but there was no one or nothing in sight. Sadly. I was alone on the road, abandoned road are usually dangerous, well in my opinion. So hurried along, afraid something would scare me.
The school was only a few blocks away, so I arrived in about ten minutes. I looked around, the school was really big. Quite large. It didn't take me long to find Sam. My best friend. She was hanging out with the boys playing soccer. Like I expected.
I waved to her. She saw me and quickly ran over. 
"Hey. Haven't seen you all holidays. Nothings changed? Your not gay are you? Are you a brainiac now?" Sam asked. 
Sam was a tomboy. She loved to play soccer and hang out with the boys and she would often walk around with muddy clothes on. She hated her name when she was little, so she shortened it from Samantha to Sam. Samantha was too girly apparently. 
"No, I don't think so. NO and no." I answered.
"So haven't changed, not gay, not smart." Sam replied. "The same perfect Cherry." 
I smiled and told her she could go hang out with her new friends. She didn't say anything because she was just about to. So she jogged back out onto the field and kicked a few more goals before the bell rang.


© 2012 Cass


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great start! I love the name Cherry, it's so cute.I like the way you describe things, it easily puts a picture in my head. Looking forward to the next chapter! And thanks for the reviews on my poems too :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012
Tags: Chapter 1


Author

Cass
Cass

About
I have always loved to read and write. I have been doing it for quite sometime and I hope I can improve my writing on this site. I hope all of my most pieces are on this site and I hope to use it far .. more..

Writing
A Great Website A Great Website

A Story by Cass


Free Day Free Day

A Story by Cass


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cass