The Compassionates

The Compassionates

A Story by Abderrahmane Dakir
"

Khalid is an old man, famous for his acts of volunteerism in the biggest city in Morocco; Casablanca. He lost his brother in an accident last year on the highway, so he has decided to visit places whi

"

Khalid is an old man, famous for his acts of volunteerism in the biggest city in Morocco; Casablanca. He lost his brother in an accident last year on the highway, so he has decided to visit places which have people who are suffering, whether in body or mind.

Chapter 1 : Accident Patient

The first visit was to the hospital. When he opened the door of accident emergency, he noticed a young man laying on the bed.

Khalid asked "What's your name?"

"Ali," the patient replied.

"Could you tell me what happened to you, please?"

"I was at a party with friends, after I left I was driving home but I was speeding; it was raining heavily, my car crashed into a tree, then I remember nothing," Said Ali.

"What moral did you learn after that day?" asked Khalid.

"I learned that My God loves me as a father loves his sons. If a son does bad things, his father punishes him because he wants his son to do better. I have been a bad young man, I have spent many nights with bad women, drunk a lot of wine, haven't prayed, have not followed in your footsteps and so have sinned against God. I have been so selfish, I didn't care about my family, about people, I gave no money to the poor. I have focused on myself, I don't really fully notice others," said Ali.


"Compassion allows you to really focus on others rather than on your own reflection. When we do things that are caring and loving, we feel more love in return," Said Khalid.

"I have seen some of the worst cases in this hospital and now my case seems better in comparison. In addition your visit has given me the strength to forget my pain; really just a little bit of compassion can heal an ailing soul," said Ali.

Later, Ali left the hospital, he has been very careful, he drives slowly on the road, he doesn't drink wine when he drives, every day, he fights his ego, he promises himself to continue on the straight path, he exercises self-compassion and compassion with others, when he sees a poor person, he gives them money without hesitation, he has become a well adjusted person in our society.

Khalid and other people are proud of him.

Chapter 2 : Cancer Patient

The second visit was to Jamal's house. Jamal has a medical check up each year, that month the doctor discovered that Jamal had cancer.

Khalid asked Jamal "What did the doctor say?"

"I am bedridden, they don't know when my last day will be, they wait and I wait too. Each day I tell myself that it is my last. My mind is already dead," said Jamal.

"What lesson have you learned after discovering that ?" asked Khalid.

"I learned that My God loves me, being patient with cancer isn't easy. I was a tough manager, I treated my employees badly, I used be strong I felt like a king of an empire who would live forever. If you are a bad son, your father punishes you in order to get you back on the right track. I believe that my God is more compassionate than my father. I hope the rest of my life will last more than just a few more days. I will give more money to the poor, I will take care of my employees, family, homeless people….." said Jamal.

"Happiness depends on your relationships and interactions with others. If money doesn't buy happiness, it doesn't buy compassion, either. Your everyday good deeds are never in vain for they shall return to you even more than you expect.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Time has proven that in caring and sharing comes healing." said Khalid.

"Your visit has given me the strength to forget my pain, really the smallest bit of love can make any person feel whole." said Jamal.

Later, the doctor discovered that Jamal's type of cancer was dangerous but he could live with it if he kept taking his medicine every day.
"Hi, Jamal, I have good news, your cancer is not terminal, we have suitable medicine for you, but you have to take it on time every day," the doctor said.

"Oh! I'm lucky, my God has given me another chance, God bless you doctor, I'm grateful, I'm thankful…."
Later, Jamal left the hospital, he manages his employees well, every day, he fights his ego, he promises himself to continue on the straight path, he exercises a self-compassion and compassion with others, when he sees a poor person, he gives them money without hesitation, he has become a well adjusted person in our society.

Khalid and other people are proud of him.

Chapter 3 : Love Broken Heart



The third visit was to Hamid's house. Hamid had broken up with his girlfriend Donia who got married to a wealthy man.

Khalid asked Hamid, "How are you feeling after this separation?"

"Being in this situation is not easy but My God loves me, I discovered that Donia loves money more than me, if I had gotten married to her, I would have been the most worse off among all my friends." Hamid replied.

"What lesson have you learned after this event?" asked Khalid.

"This event has shown me that love between two people is like a short journey in this life. It doesn't last forever. Since then I have started to be much closer to my God; the most compassionate." said Hamid.

"A compassionate disposition can change the world around you. One way to do that is to count your blessings." said Khalid.

"Your visit has given me the strength to forget my pain. When I look back on my life the best thing I ever wanted to do was to be compassionate like you. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give," said Hamid.

Later, Hamid met a young girl called Aya, she is smarter than Donia, less beautiful than Donia but in Hamid's eyes the most beautiful girl in the world.

She has a beautiful soul, she is calm and modest. Since falling in love with her. Hamid fights with his ego every day. He reminds himself that only God can compensate us for our losses and sometimes things things aren't meant to be because better things await us. When Hamid remembers his lost love he is grateful and thankful to God."He has given me my soul mate instead," Hamid whispers to himself.

Each day Hamid strives to be closer to God so that his new love might be protected and strong.

"My God took my first love Donia in order to give me better. I believe one truth, that my God is the most compassionate and the most merciful to me."

Khalid and other people are proud of Hamid.

Chapter 4 : Earthquake, Tsunamis

The Fourth visit was to a luxury hotel in Casablanca. Khalid has an appointment with Susan, she is a world famous reporter, and always covers events about disasters and wars.

"This is such an honor, I'm intensely grateful for the opportunity to speak to you today. I have a question. Could you explain to me if you think earthquakes are a punishment from God?" Susan asked Khalid.

"I have proof that earthquakes are a punishment; have you ever seen danger befalling people praying during an earthquake? Never! In Haiti the only places that remain standing now are the mosques and the same for places that have been hit by Tsunamis.

If you were a leader in the most successful company in the world, what would you expect from your employees or your team?

You provide your employees with everything they need to do their jobs in the correct way, however they spent all their time listening in music, dancing and fooling around…and they don't do anything valuable. What could you do?

We should expect disaster of some sort, when we are consumed by our ego.

God doesn't want to inflict disasters or accident but these are allowed in order that true spiritual freedom be maintained.

To get some idea of how God loves us we could start by thinking about parent and their child who have to do urgent surgery on his heart. If the doctor doesn't do the surgery, the child will die. His father agrees to do this difficult surgery but his mother doesn't agree to do it. The doctor and the father are more compassionate because this surgery will save the child's life.

Despite it one of the hardest decisions a father could ever have to make.

God loves us, offers us love and give us the freedom to say yes or no.

If we are unable to respond to his love then he feels pain for what might have been. However if we respond to his love we can feel loved, free and forgiven then we will want to share God's love with those around us.

Compassion on earth is given to us by God, but we are responsible for protecting it or leaving it." Khalid said


Chapter 5 : Titanic, Nasa Challenger

"What about the Nasa Challenger in the 80s and the Titanic at the beginning of the century." Susan said.

"Nasa Challenger in the 80s and the Titanic at the beginning of the century are disasters because of the human ego. Humans have to be modest, they shouldn't say things like,' This ship is the strongest in the world', God is the mightiest and no other.

We have to live on this earth like stewards in the biggest ship, but if we don't collaborate together, our ship would be worse than Titanic.

So we have to perfect our deeds, give advice to ourselves and others, fight our ego, when we make some thing like an engine or anything else, we should be humble , then our ship will continue in peace and love.

Compassion on earth is given to us by God, but we are responsible for protecting it or leaving it." Khalid said

Chapter 6 : War

"What about current wars and conflict." Susan said

"With the help of God, man created fire but the same fire that enables us to cook food also allows us to destroy entire forests.

Now days, war has a political purpose, the leaders of countries should treat other nations as they would wish to be treated themselves.

Don't judge others. We have to move toward appreciation of the other no matter the color of his skin or his religion or his country.

We must lower our egos, whether it is individual ego, family ego, and national ego.

We live on one earth so we have one goal. We have to show a great sense of solidarity from east to west and from north to south.

Together we have to implement mercy instead of revenge, collaboration instead of competition, inclusion instead exclusion.

Stand side by side, hand in hand for a common goal then our differences will melt away. " Khalid said

Chapter 7 : Human beings


Khalid thought to himself, "Don't forget human beings could never create a soul, ever!

The angels prostrated to Adam's body, created from clay only after he has a soul, without it we are just clay. When the soul is withdrawn from the body it dies and the body decays.

We are from clay that's why we love soil, earth, roads, mountains and love to travel to see what? The beauty created by my God in the seas, mountains, waves, sands, animals, farms, forest…in the Earth.

After our death we return to our original form buried underground - clay.

Only God can breathe into our bodies so we might embody a piece of his soul.

With this relationship, God loves us more than our mother or our father so if we really love our mothers or our fathers we have to apply their advice and then we have to perfect the attributes of God in ourselves by following God's path.

Practice self-compassion, practice compassion with others, nature…. you will feel the presence of a power of the most compassionate, the most merciful and the deepest love whenever and wherever you are.

Know one thing to be true: Our reward in life and death comes from following the straight path with both our body and soul. "







©2015 Dakir Abderrahmane



© 2015 Abderrahmane Dakir


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mr. Abderrahmane: This is absolutely the most beautiful story I have read here. I am still absorbing all the knowledge you have give me, as you will to so many others that read. I am still smiling and uplifted, thinking of the well defined character, the smooth transitions to each sections, but enlightened. First thought that came to my mind is I believe God guides us where we are to go, like you have written in this gorgeous story, but with much richer language, and long before your soul entered this earthly realm, he decided you were to become a writer and spread the words of his love. I found myself wondering about your own father, for he must have been very wise, and as in the story, the stressing of compassion for all humanity is what God wants of all humans, and it IS up to us to make the correct choices. My husband awoke and I said, I must read this story to you (not now), but it is jam packed full of concepts that are simple, but people must obey, and if they did, I cannot even begin to imagine the ripple effect. I loved the informal style of the main character; your imagination is phenomenal; in this story, your audience is the world: I also cannot wait for my son to read, and will tell many others as well. The Compassionates, is a wonderfully thought out title and is very much befitting. What a gift you have given me this morning Mr. Abderrahmane: I just write this review from my heart, still smiling, thinking of so many wonderfully written words I will ponder; it helps also that I agree with everything you have written...you sir are so talented. God has blessed you!!! I learned so much, and am reminded again, to be kind to others. I so love nature, it has always been a huge part of my life, and I try to teach this to my children, as I was taught, but now I can share this delightful story. Thank you so very much! Once again, I leave with a smile. Dale

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dale for reading. Your comment is wonderful. I really enjoyed with. Thank you vey much.
Confuser

8 Years Ago

My pleasure....I love all your stories....



Reviews

an awesome piece,you write well,like your pace of writing is always on a flow...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Leonaida for reading.
You wrote a amazing story. I liked each story and the set-up of each person and lesson learned. A story filled with good and proper wisdom. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Coyote for reading.
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
The story has religious and racial cogitations which is a turn off for me. These subjects always create profound and controversial thoughts. Towards the end of your story I was reminded of references to the Hadith and Quran and the words of preachers in full flow. I as an atheist never read anything of a religious nature, to me it is the same as reading a fairy-tale.
There is nothing wrong with your writing... in this case it's the subject.
Regards Alan in England

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading.
This is a great piece, there is not enough religious pieces out there anymore people are more into death and violence so it's refreshing to have such a great read and for it to be religious is a nice touch. Thank you as always for sharing and always you have a great story on your hands I hope you'll be publishing some of these story's in a book.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading.
This is such a poignant piece, full of messages that people often forget in the craziness of everyday. Wonderful job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading.
Made me think about how life works and the reasons why. That was an amazing short story. I loved how everyone had a certain story and resolved it through God. He always has the answers. It inspired me to take a second look at life. Thank you for sharing this strong short story. It's very beautiful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading.
Lauren_The_Awesome

8 Years Ago

You're welcome
This story is quite fascinating I might say. I like the way you made it into simple, concise short stories. However, I guess you need to add more deepness to the writing, more complexity to touch the soul of your reader. The morals are great, but why don't you let the reader himself decides what's the real idea behind the words? And I guess that you need to widen your knowledge of the language more. Some of the phrases are poorly written, some are just wrong from the grammatical aspect. Also you need to get your vocabulary to rise with the level of your work.
Otherwise, the way you conveyed your ideas and touched the hearts of your readers is just, magnificent. I congratulate you on such a great story

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading.
Even for those who are not deeply religious, this story will bring insight, humility and maybe even a little grace. The lessons learned by each of the people in the chapters are far reaching and can apply in nearly every situation. Though I doubt a few of the points are divine intervention (so to speak), I agree that the people learned something about life in general.

You write well and I look forward to seeing other writings and other topics from you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much.
This was so well written. You do indeed have a gift. I felt extremely uplifted reading it, thinking about all the simple day to day reminders to step forward with compassion and grace. And the ego!! Oh boy....So very hard to tame at times and must be spoken to time and time again. Great job! It was such a pleasure to read, and I thank you for sharing.
A :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I enjoyed with it.
Wow. This is sooo good! It was an absolutely beautiful story, one of the best things I've read in a while. I think the message behind it is amazing. Your writing is awesome and I really, really enjoyed this piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Abderrahmane Dakir

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I enjoyed with it. Thank you again.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

538 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 10, 2015
Last Updated on June 10, 2015
Tags: compassionate, love, peace, God, mercy, cancer, accident, brok up, friend, earthquake, tsunami, abderrahmane dakir

Author

Abderrahmane Dakir
Abderrahmane Dakir

casablanca, Morocco



About
I love to share my ideas with you, I love to read your imagination...writing is one way to know all of the best things in the world. My Books at Amazon : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..