Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Aldora Sparrow
"

Hino Kahoko and Tsukimori Len

"

 
Her heart throbbed darkly. She couldn’t believe herself. It already had been three years yet the pain was as fresh as when it first started. Kahoko clutched the space over her chest. There was no reason to feel this pain. But it was there. When the pain ceased, she leaned her head against the rough wall. The shadows from the darkening light flitted through her room. Three years. More than enough time to get over him. She closed her eyes and thought of him.

He was the star violinist in the school. Tsukomori Len, the violin prodigy. His dark azure hair was always in disarray and dark tawny eyes seemed to pierce the heart. He was sharp in mind and didn’t talk much. Sometimes he would make biting comments, but she always knew it was his way of expressing himself. He was a high-scoring student, the envy of others.

They had spent a lot of time together, bound together by fate. Every time she was with him, she was reminded of the differences in their worlds. She viewed herself as plain and awkward. She was the beginner violinist, though rising quickly in skill, after finding a strong passion for the stringed instrument. But she was compassionate. She loved with all of her heart and empathized. Already their worlds were so different. But she loved him with all her heart, her everything. He had never showed any special favor. She was fine with that.

After a year of gathering her courage, she managed to confess to him. They were alone in a hallway after school and happened to bump into each other. He smiled his rare and almost unnoticeable smile at her. He gazed down, dark eyes glowing.

“Hey, Hino-chan” he said.

She smiled. “It’s been a while, hasn’t it?”

“Yeah,” he agreed. His dark tawny eyes lingered a little longer over her face before he asked, “Going home?”

She nodded.

“I’ll come with you.”

She blushed a little. “If it isn’t too much trouble…”

His only response was to continue walking down the hall.

He listened to her talk most of the walk home. Even though they were in the same year, they didn’t see each other often. As she questioned him about everything she had missed, she kept herself in check. He was so serious and had a constant frown on his face. But many girls, herself included, felt the silence was a very attractive addition to his handsome features. It only had him the more desirable.

Then they fell into uncomfortable silence. As the minutes ticked away, she fidgeted, knowing that she would have to do it eventually. Finally, it was almost unbearable.

“Um…Tsukimori-kun?”

“Yes?” his dark tawny eyes slanting just slightly to watch her while still watching the rising path. The sinking sun cast a shadow across his angular face.

“I-I have something to tell you.”

He nodded. “I’m listening.”

“I-I…well…I-,” I took a deep breath. Clenching her fists and blushing harshly, she almost shouted, “I like you, Tsukimori-kun!”

The silence that followed was almost deafening. Her blush darkened. His dark tawny eyes no longer had the gentleness that was there only moments ago. He stared at the sidewalk with such intensity, continuing to walk without slowing. She forced herself to glance up at him, following his fast pace.

His whole body was tensed. When he answered, it was forced and some degree of control in it. “Why believe in pointless fantasies?”

She stopped dead and stared blankly at his moving figure as it registered in her mind. She never knew how much five words could have an effect on her until she heard those. Her mind went blank and her body went numb. Words failed her. The rest of the stroll back was awkward and seemed to last forever. She stared at the scenery around her, feeling drizzle become rain. The storm was just a form that reflected her inner chaos. He opened his dark blue umbrella, allowing her to duck under it with him. They continued to walk, awkwardness heightened due to the closeness. She bit her lips to fight the tears that threatened to fall. After what seemed eternity, they arrived at her house. She muttered a small “thank you” before stepping out into the rain. A hand lightly caught hers. She turned and her honey eyes met intent tawny ones.

“I’m sorry,” he said, a dark seriousness crossed his face. “Really.”

 



© 2009 Aldora Sparrow


Author's Note

Aldora Sparrow
Any suggestions? In Japanese, last name goes first. Hino is Kahoko's last name and Tsukimori is Len's. -chan and -kun are honorifics

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gah I gotta be honest I have read so many anime based books that its driving me nuts. Its a good story but if it was just done as any normal teenage book it would be a better read. Plus the names are way to confusing. I got so busy trying to figure out how to say it that I lost the story.
Like I said it would be a good book I just think you gotta move away from anime. Very far away >.<
Good write though

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 11, 2009
Last Updated on December 11, 2009


Author

Aldora Sparrow
Aldora Sparrow

About
I have been writing for longer than I can remember, but it was only during 7th grade did I start to write outside of class. I am still inexperienced and I love helpful comments. I love to write fa.. more..

Writing