Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Aldora Sparrow
"

Dreams

"

 

 
“What is wrong with me?” Kahoko muttered, two hours later. After having practiced in the garden, she decided to go into the forest behind the house, hoping some real solitude. Len and Kazuki were back at the house, probably practicing as well. She sighed and gently set down her violin in the sunlit grass. She lifted her face to the heavens. The practice hadn’t gone that well. She had tried to play some of her favorite songs yet somehow they all somehow managed to change into Ave Maria. Hearing the familiar bittersweet tune, her mind immediately went to Len. After all, it was the song that brought them together.
Shaking her head as if getting rid of pesky insects, she went back to practicing. At first, she focused on the notes and techniques. But her mind soon became bored and, as her mind wandered into the depths of memory, her bow slid as well. The unpleasant squeaking noise it produced woke her out of her reminiscences.
“Ugh,” she groaned. “I really suck today.”
Removing the instrument from her under her chin, she gently slid her fingers first over the smooth wood then the rounded strings. It seemed to vibrate at her touch. She smiled a little. We’ve gone through so much together. She remembered all the times she went through with this violin. She really loved it. And it had done so much for her already. From falling in love with music to meeting Len and Kazuki. This was her precious, precious violin and companion…
Suddenly, she felt tired. Her lack of sleep finally caught up to her. After making sure her violin was securely zipped in her case, she rested against the tree, heavy eyelids drooping. Her breath evened and her body relaxed. Before long, she fell into a dream.
In her dream world, she was in a golden plain. Nothing could be seen except for the waving golden stalks and the endless sky. There were no clouds to be seen for miles. The smooth wind felt real, slipping though her hair and against her face. Scents of blooming flowers wafted around her. The sun was warm against her skin. She was calm, completely at ease, something she hadn’t felt in a long time.
            A sudden gust of wind threw her arms up instinctively. Golden grains of sand beneath the rustling stalks rose high in the hair, growing into shining petals. The descent of glinting gold created a storm of light, reflecting the sun and made tiny tinkling sounds. For a moment, her honey eyes were blinded.
When she brought her arms down, blinking, she noticed a ripple of blue. Shading her sensitive eyes, she saw it was Len. Even though his back was to her, she knew the familiar ripple of his hair, his typical tall stance. Her heart warmed.
Len, she called soundlessly. She covered her mouth. The emptiness of the air seemed to swallow her words. From that far away, he wouldn’t hear me. She thought sadly.
Well then, an echo in her ear resounded. Her eyes widened. With a wave of his light azure hair, Len was watching her, lips moving slightly. Then come get me.
A large smile crossed her face. Dashing through the tall stalks, the wind whistled again and the descending petals continued to tinkle like little silver bells. Closer, closer with each step until finally she was within arm’s reach. He opened his white-sleeved arms with a slight grin of his lips. Just as she was about to touch him, his form burst in a storm of golden petals.
She gasped and tripped. She felt herself falling through the flurry. Instinctively, she closed her eyes. Within the storm, the soft petals grazed her cheeks, almost tickling her. Time seemed to stop as she continued to fall. All of a sudden, strong arms encircled her waist, breaking her fall. Her body was lifted up until it hit a warm surface.
I’m here, Kahoko, a voice in her ear whispered.
She looked over her right shoulder. Len’s smile greeted her. Tawny eyes twinkled in the light. His dark azure hair brushed her neck, face, and ear. A soft chuckle passed her ear.
Even in her dream, her heart beat so strongly she felt it through her entire body. She turned within his grasp, eyes wandering hungrily over his face. Nothing else in this world mattered. All that the two were aware of were each other’s warm presence.
Then, without warning, his lips fell against hers and her heart leapt excitedly. The already slow-moving time drew itself even more for this one moment. She wondered what cruel trick this was. Even in this dream, she could his faint scent almost as clearly as if she was really in his arms. His lips and skin were soft and sent warm water-like feeling through her. She seemed incapable of moving. Only when his lips left hers did she move. They gazed deeply into each others eyes, riveting in the joy of being together. Suddenly, his tawny eyes became cold. Glaring, drawing his arms away from her like she was filthy, he turned and stalked away, into a rolling gray mist.
Then she woke with a jolt. She blinked. Sitting up from the warm tree trunk, she looked around. At first she had no idea where she was, completely and utterly confused. Then she remembered. The early morning light had darkened to a faint orange-gold and the songs of birds had ceased for the afternoon. There was no one there. Blushing slightly, she touched her lips. That kiss felt real and there was a lingering feeling.
“What happened?” She wondered out loud. She stared into the emerald leaves of the tree. The filtered light danced on her face. The wind rustled through the branches. When the sound died, all was silent. But she didn’t hear the beating of another heart. Another person stood in the rippling shadow of a tree, not far from hers. Kazuki’s tanned face was a dark crimson, his heart beating wildly. Adverting downcast light brown eyes, he turned and ran through the forest and disappeared into the foliage, footsteps masked by another breath of the wind.
 


© 2009 Aldora Sparrow


Author's Note

Aldora Sparrow
Any suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on June 28, 2009
Last Updated on July 5, 2009


Author

Aldora Sparrow
Aldora Sparrow

About
I have been writing for longer than I can remember, but it was only during 7th grade did I start to write outside of class. I am still inexperienced and I love helpful comments. I love to write fa.. more..

Writing