How to series: Survive in a new workplace filled with magnificent beings - Prologue

How to series: Survive in a new workplace filled with magnificent beings - Prologue

A Chapter by Spoink1337
"

A message arrived..... Finally a job... wait....

"
Prologue

A familiar noise, amidst my slumber of this dark and lonely room, a dim light tried to fight off the creeping darkness, stillness disturbed, I reached out for the source.
A familiar feeling has fallen on my hands, metallic coldness mixed with plastic ends and a glass on the center, can either be helpful or stressful, the phone continued to pierce my eyes for they still hasn't adjusted to the sudden arrival of light.

"Who could be messaging at this time?" I mumbled, I stared at the top right corner of the screen, 2:34 AM, I felt annoyed as my head slowly creeps out of the sleepy zone. With a disturb sleep and a clumsy beep, I pressed on the view message button. 

At first the letters we're quite muddy as my eyes suddenly washed itself with tears, I can only make out the letters 'Congratulations' which suddenly made me realize.

"A job!" I yelped, now with a new found hope, I quickly raised my body, jerking off the blanket. On the screen is a message coming from an unfamiliar number, with trembling hands I started to read the passage properly.

Congratulations! You have passed the requirements for the position that we offered! Please try to obtain the following requirements:
1.Birth certificate
2. Valid Id's 
3. Medical certificate
4. 5ml of blood

At the same time our recruitment agent will arrive to your house shortly so please keep an open as we will try to contact you when the agent is near to your location. Upon our agent's arrival please try to cooperate to anything she might ask of you, Have a nice day!

I read the following with mixed thoughts. The fact that someone found my pathetic skills and history appealing have made me happy but at the same time the odd message left me wondering if this one is simply a scam, hoax or an April fool's joke.

5ml of blood and the agent's arrival have indeed piqued my interest for there have never been a request of blood exclusively plus will someone really arrive at this time? A feeling of paranoia approached me, like watching a horror film I took my eyes of the screen and scanned my surroundings.

The darkness is condense on all the confines of the room, the sun hasn't risen yet to bless me with light, allowing me to mold figures from imaginations. I laughed at myself.

"Why Am I getting scared all of a sudden?" I motivated myself with those words.

"Because you're not alone, I said with a haughty look" A voice came from the dark which almost made me shout.

"Wh- who's there?! just so you know I know some fighting technique!" I replied, swinging my head left and right trying to to find the perpetrator.

"Ah... stupid big brother, you won't find me even if you twist your head 360 degree, I said with a mocking tone" again the voice responded with a peculiar way of speaking.

I slowly raised up my head, after throwing the possibility of the figure being in front of me, two pair of crimson eyes are highlighted in the black void of my ceiling. A look of mockery, pity and curiosity seems to seep from the eyes in the dark. 

"Hello there, are you Mr. Samuel Gray? Samuel as if S-A-M-U-E-L - " she continued to spell out my name, for some reason she sounds like a child. 

"I said with a business atmosphere" she once again gave her own speech an adjective, a peculiar way, red eyes in the dark, and being woken up in the middle of the night by a weird message, all of this sound familiar.

"Ah what a weird dream.. maybe I ate something funny" I hummed my worries away and decided to close my eyes and lay down my back once more.

"Are you not Mr. Samuel? that's strange did I went to the wrong house?" The voice seems to be concerned and apologetic, just how long does this dream plan to keep on going?

I didn't respond to the voice in the air, I just kept my eyes shut. The dream will soon go away, I chanted to my head.

"Then I should do a final check" after uttering those words, a gentle step is made, seems like the entity went down from my ceiling. I felt a piercing stare on my face, causing me to open my eyes and sure enough the crimson eyes suddenly magnified and I can finally make out a face. 

The entity has a cute nose, thick eyebrows and a baby face but the most prominent of her features are the eyes, it's like they're swallowing me, stained in blood red.
I felt her breath touching my face, caressing me with cold and icy haze, she continued to eye me curiously and when she finally confirmed that I was indeed the man she was looking, she released a sigh of relief.

"Ah.. you're the one indeed although you're somehow rude, I said with a witty remark" She exclaimed with a monotone voice, as if trying to cover her lifeless speech with adjectives she adds at the end of her sentences.

She began to make an annoyed face, "Hey how long are you gonna ignore me?" Wait did she made an annoyed face? I'm not sure myself, let me take a good look again.

All of a sudden I felt my body becoming as light as a feather, a meditating feeling overtook me as I stare at my bed getting farther and farther away from my reach. 
That's funny for a second I thought I was lying down there, they said that you can test if a dream is really is a dream and that is by feeling pain, it seems like this is not a dream then... 

An excruciating pain came over me as my back hit the wall in front of my bed in other words, I have been flying at magnificent speed towards the wall and it hurts.
After the shock of pain I landed face flat on the floor, with a thud I groan as I try to hold out the pain.

Fear.

Is the first thing that surfaced, Is this chick trying to kill me? besides her size and power are unmatched. If she can throw a man who's age is above 20 then it's either she's possessed by a demon or she's a robot. I pathetically twisted my body and directed my eyes on her position, she seems to be in a state of distress or at least that's what it looked like as she covered her mouth saying "Oh I used to much".

Everything from the beginning and know seems unreal, it's like I'm in a stupid b-rated movie, darkness started to consume my sight and from there I started to realize that I was about to die, I panicked, my eyes started to close.

Fight.

"Urgghhhhhaaaa...!!" I started to scream for help, I don't wanna die but all I can manage is a pathetic yelp. I started to feel my arms and legs, I tried to move them but to know avail. "Not good" I thought, the hit on my back might have been too much that it paralyzed me, A ghastly figure started to approach me, a glint of shine is present in front of my face. Black shoes, small in size but for someone reason they fuel my fear even more. 

She's here.

I slowly raised up my eyes only to see her crouch down as if I'm a child looking up, the faint light that travels on the slit's of my curtain reveals her porcelain, emotionless but curious, a little pretty but also rude looking, her thick eyebrows twitched for a bit as if surprised to see me alive, slowly she raised her hand and her she began to extend her index finger from her clenched fist. Based on her power if she decided to pierce my eyes, it would merely be a child's play. 

Three..

The fingers started to move forward, to be more precise, towards my eyes.

Two..

Like death's reach, I accepted my doomed faith and waited for the flash of regrets just like what they said.

One..

But nothing appeared, instead I heard a voice emotionless as ever, "Ah you got hurt with that? Humans are particularly weak aren't they? I said with a bemused face" As if amused with her experiments, she proceeded to mock me while poking my head.

"Ah... Well if human's like me are weak, then what are you?" I blurted suddenly.

As if forgetting what she came here for, her brows twitched again, "Oh... right.. I am from Thespip, and we give best services to people and monsters alike, I said with an advertising look" she mechanically replied.


© 2019 Spoink1337


Author's Note

Spoink1337
A small rework for the other two

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on March 21, 2019
Last Updated on March 24, 2019
Tags: Nonsense, How-to-series, Satire, Business, Family friendly, First person


Author

Spoink1337
Spoink1337

None, None, Philippines



About
A Pessimistic guy who will try to write his experience as a newbie in a company, who's focus is to call people and annoy the hell out of them also known as call centers, a journey is about to begin. .. more..

Writing