Nate Carter

Nate Carter

A Chapter by TurtleClark

"Violet.......Violet Rune.........Ms. Rune!" Mr. Edwards screamed "Is there a reason you're sleeping in my class, again?" He asked as the skinny brunette in the back of the class began to stir. She slowly opened her eyes as she grabbed her tammy before it fell off of her head. She cracked her neck realizing that she was still in the fresh hell known as third period honors chemistry with, you guessed it, the wonderful Mr. Deadwards.


"Well Mr. Edwards," she began as a yawn escaped her full heart shaped lips. "You do remember how you taught us the exact same thing yesterday. While the combination of elements on the periodic table is unbarringly interesting I simply can't get past the sleepy quality of your voice." She kept a straight face as she heard the snickering begin in front of her.


"Ms. Rune, if you know so much about the periodic table why don't you come up here to the front of the class room and name ten of the elements along with their atomic mass and number?" a knowing smirk creeping across his face as he watched Violet preparing to the front of the classroom. Violet opened her mouth preparing to answer his question or more accurately tell Mr. Edwards where exactly he could stick his question when the bell rang. It was Violet's turn to smile as Mr. Edwards smile slowly disappeared.


"Sorry Mr. Edwards. I definitely would but it seems as if that's my cue to leave." grabbing her stuffed she exited the classroom.


~~~~~~~


"Vi!" the petite raven haired girl screamed as she elbowed her way through the throngs of people standing in groups by their lockers. Violet smiled turning to see the pixie like girl that now stood in front of her bouncing on the balls of her feet. 


"Hey Zoe. Whats up?" Violet asked smiling at her best friend.


"Okay, so you know Nate Carters! The really hot sprinter from the track team? Well he asked me to tell you that he wants to talk to you!" she screamed jumping up and down with a vice grip on Violet's arm.


"Calm down little evil one. I think you are forgetting one very important fact; if I date a non-pixie my parents will ship me off to the all pixie boarding school in California. We both know what excessive heat exposure does to my hair. I mean they don't even know that your a were!! Let alone me dating a human. Yep, that'll go over great!"


"Yea, yea, yea. I get that but you don't have to tell them, it obviously won't be the first time."


"True but your smell also isn't overly potent. Nate smells like pure boy."


"Hot boy! Anyway can't you at least talk to him, right. I mean he is Nate Frickin' Carter, after all! Have you seen his hair? Its ah-may-zing!!!!!!"


"Okay lets way the options," Violet said placing her hands out to her sides like scales, palm side up. They walked into the girls locker room. "date and possibly get sent to boarding school or stay single and pine after hot guys from a safe distance"


"You are impossible!" She screamed as she got into her shorts and t-shirt for gym. A look of exasperation passed over her face. "Can you at least come over after school?"


"Nope, I've got karate, mom says I have to have my chain belt by Friday or no drivers test. Then I have track practice and then night training."


"Damn girl! I would die if I had to do all of that and still keep up my 4.0 GPA."


"Yea, well you know my dad 'the pixie and were battles could happen any day, anytime, anywhere. You have to be prepared.' blahdey blahdey blah" Coach Rathman blew her whistle signaling that everyone should begin their five laps around the gym. Jessica Moore slowly made her way up beside Violet and Zoey.


"Hey," she said with the same plastic smile she flashed to everyone that she felt was beneath her. "I heard that Nate Carters has been asking around about you, Violet. Better hope he doesn't about your little...incident freshmen year." 


"Don't you have a vagina to clean? Or a nose job to get? D********g." Zoey said matching Jessica's tone as they picked up pace.


~~~~~~~


Freshmen year Violet was in the car with her grandmother on the way home from a dinner party hosted by Jessica's parents. Her grandmother was driving when suddenly Violet began to scream causing her grandmother to lose control of the car. She swerved into on coming traffic. A large tractor trailer rammed into the drivers side killing her upon impact.


Violet had seen a little girl, about the age of seven or eight, shift into a gorgeous white fox. The child was wailing in pain as Violet began to cry for her and the soul of her grandmother, blending their pain into a twisted melody.


~~~~~~~ 


"Vi don't even worry about her....." Zoey was cut off as they heard a voice yell from behind them.


"Violet! Violet Rune! Wait up!"


"Oh my God! I forgot that he was in this class!" she whispered to Violet.


"What do I do?"


"Slow down! Duh!"


"Hey Violet, whats up?" Nate said as he approached the now jogging duo.


"Hey Nate. I'm good, whats up with you?"


"Not much," he said. His gorgeous smile shining and his raven black hair bouncing as he jogged along side them. "Do we have practice today?"


"Pretty sure, yep, there hasn't been any announcements saying otherwise."


"Cool" his smile widening as the blush creeped up Violets neck. "Will you be there?"


Violets breath caught in her throat. Oh! My! God! THE Nate Carter wants to know if I am going to be at practice!!!!!! "Yea" Oh god I hope I'm not smiling as much as I think I am."Why?"


"Just wondering. See you there." he said winking and jogging away.


"UH! What just happened? Did Nate Carter just wink at you? Like legit wink at you? NATE CARTER JUST WINKED AT YOU! AND SMILED! OH MY GOD!" Zoey squealed bouncing around like the energizer bunny as they completed their laps.


"Calm yourself! It was just a wink. I mean really Nate Carter could have any girl in this school why would he want me? Ouch!" Violet screamed as Zoey punched her in the arm.


"Your insane! Have you seen yourself?" she asked with a look of exasperation. "You have amazing hair, a figure girl would kil for, bright eyes the color of violets, and two dimples! Oh and don't forget the freckles."


"Yea, yea, yea. Whatever you say." Violet bent to stretch her legs as Coach Rathman blew the whistle.


"Line up on the black line. Dodgeball today, Rune, Mitchells your captains; Mitchells pick first."


"You can't tell me your not excited." Zoey said with a knowing smile as she approached Violet on the line.


"Dude you know he standing right over there. I'm pretty sure he can hear everything you are saying." She glanced over to where he was standing. He was looking at her smiling his gorgeous smile."Like I said. ev.e.ry.lit.tle.w.ord." but violet could no longer conceal her smile as she looked back with her dimples on full blast.



© 2013 TurtleClark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are a lot of classroom and school stories around.

Posted 9 Years Ago


TurtleClark

9 Years Ago

Yea I'm in high school so i try to write in settings that i have personally experienced
Haha Mr Deadwards.
Vi is a badass and I want to know her. This story was ah-may-zing! :P
I'm not sure I fully get the pixie part waiting to see where that end leads but the rest of it felt so real and was maturing into something quiet tasteful :D Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Like this, the first part reminded me that Benhard Shaw forbid the use of his works as school material... teachers can do a lot of damage... this is youthful, fun, written with zest, you understand exactly what you describe, good job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sounds interesting! I like where this is going so far

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013


Author

TurtleClark
TurtleClark

Harrisburg, PA



About
Who are we truly? We walk through this expanse of life that we are given blind to what is truly surrounding us. There are few who see it all, who look beyond what is solely in front of them and they a.. more..

Writing
Eat Eat

A Poem by TurtleClark


Fear Fear

A Poem by TurtleClark


Tatoo Tatoo

A Story by TurtleClark