There Is Nothing Beautiful About Sadness

There Is Nothing Beautiful About Sadness

A Story by Delaney Thomas

In today's society, it is more acceptable to hate yourself than to love yourself. Why is that? Is it because more people tend to lean towards hate than love? Or is it because our society is so fucked up that we don't know the value of self assurance and self opinion? If more people loved themselves, there would be a lot more living people in this world than there is now and there would be a lot less scars on the wrists of our youth and future leaders. The rate of suicides in the past few years has sky rocketed and for what? So we can learn the true meaning of hopelessness and despair? There is obviously something wrong with a world where teens cut and kill themselves because others make them want to and where no one stops them because "depression is beautiful and it is their choice what they do with it." How messed up is that? Depression is not beautiful. Depression makes you want to die everyday and takes away the simple pleasures in life such as a nice meal or a good book. Everything tastes like sandpaper and nothing keeps your interest because the depression kills your emotions. How is crying every single night "beautiful"? Or slashing your wrists and thighs because you need to feel something? There is nothing beautiful about depression. We need to put an end to the fucked up society we live in and create a new one where everyone loves themselves no matter what they look like and no one else critisizes them for their feelings. The world will crash and burn at the rate it's moving at and there is nothing we can do to fix it if we don't stand up for what's right. Make people feel good about themselves, not crappy. Give a sad person a hug and see what happens. Chances are, you'll brighten their day by tenfold. Even if their day doesn't get any better, their mood at the moment will improve, even if it's just slighty. There is nothing we can't do if we try. We are the future of this world and we are going to run it right.

© 2014 Delaney Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for raising awareness about depression and suicide. You make some excellent points here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Powerful truths here that are hard to digest. I agree wholeheartedly with all that you say and "there is nothing beautiful about depression" and it's one of society's major health issues. Suicides are humanity's tragedy and the legacy they leave behind is traumatic. You have done a fine job here raising awareness of these issues. Great write !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Amazing!

The world's became wicked just cause of number of activities people doing day to day lives resulting, modern life has to face which brings the reason of being sad and upset and of course hopeless. Depressions raise angst so the angst creates pain, pain kills the love but love makes the life...love makes the live beautiful to live but we people ruin it ourselves treating love wrong in the life. People think that they are f*****g the other's life but may be they don't know that life's already fucked them all up and I think, your this story's much powerful and everybody should stop f*****g up things and lives but start loving themselves and of course loving people instead of f*****g up their whole life. Negativity's became a monster in today's life because now .. mostly the people do think always negative even they accept optimism with pessimism and which's a reason of their un-happiness and pain. When the people'd learn love's not what gives you pain but that think which makes a life beautiful to live if we do treat love right then they'd come to know how beautiful a life is and how bad they made it.

Lovely concept. Keep writing, pretty.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 5, 2014
Last Updated on April 5, 2014

Author

Delaney Thomas
Delaney Thomas

About
This is Me: I act light but I'm actually very dark. I wish I could go down the rabbit hole with Alice and never come back up. The darkness pretends to be my friend but really just tries to kill me eve.. more..

Writing
How? How?

A Story by Delaney Thomas


Dreams Dreams

A Story by Delaney Thomas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..