Dream And Believe (In Life's Dimensions)

Dream And Believe (In Life's Dimensions)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Charcoal images take the form of 3-D

when your soul believes in things

the center of the eye cannot see.

Those colors shift into vivid images

of those childhood fantasies

that allows crystal clear waters

to break through the psychological dam.

The sudden rush flows through the veins

cleansing the ashes from a tangled soul.

Faith is finally free to roam and flourish

on the sacred land of golden hay.

The fault line to your soul shifts the ground

and the sand of time begins to fall

the way nature always foretold.

Rain washes over the foundation

and fills the vacant cracks with

the missing nutrients to make life healthy.

In the blink of an eye the colors of life

turn into the rainbow path of eternal euphoria

and now those childhood dreams

don’t seem so foolish after all.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Rock n Roll Cowboy,
"Dream And Believe"
"Charcoal Images take the form of 3-D when your soul believes in things the center of the eye cannot see."
We are the soul of our childhood. The same individual person still lives within each of our
respective bodies. As adults with responsibilities and everything that entails our vision is affected.
I do identify with what you are saying in your poem.
This is beautiful: "Faith is finally free to roam and flourish on the sacred land of golden hay." This sounds like permission to dream and ponder.
"Childhood dreams don't seem so foolish after all.
Do we get lonely for the child we were? Miss that wide eyed person just open to the world?
You really wrote a real winner of a poem here.
Blessings,
Kathy



Posted 6 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this very in-depth review of my poem and adding your profound thoughts. Great.. read more
Kathy Van Kurin

6 Years Ago

It was totally my pleasure! Feels good to read and think; thanks for the wonderful opportunity.
read more
Hello, first I'd like to say I really liked your poem. I enjoy reading great poetry, and I think this is exceptional. I don't see any errors or anything like that. Congrats on a job well done.

Cheers,

Staceyanna

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Why thank you so very much.
Stacey

9 Years Ago

my pleasure.
Funny isn't it? How our little dreams as kid comes back to us...I have to laugh at my own. lol A nice piece of work, Cowboy Dale.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have painted a vivid array of colorful images in my mind. What transpires as our childhood dreams flow is amazing, and you have captured this in a constructed, yet surreal way. This piece is brilliantly written. Nice work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


As an old hippie I love this,lots of color, lots of rainbows, this is esoteric pure mixed with Pink Floyd dreams,Indian mysticism and all that goes with it....
A fine poem, well written

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ye...dreams can come true and you make it sound all possible and simple in this wonderfully put together poem. Those childhood dreams are indeed never foolish !!!
Thanks CB

Babsie xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

don’t seam so foolish after all.---seem

I really like this one you wrap up the ending in a prolific way. Love the photo that goes along with this one too...it is so fitting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The last 4 lines really got me! I guess because i never thought my dreams were worth having....felt they didnt hold much weight for me as an adult, but now that i am doing what i dream i realize they are valid, life is the realization of dreams.....they can come true, you have to make it happen sometimes...:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I came down in the middle of the night to nurse a belly ache and I thought I would squeeze in a review or two. Then I came across this masterpiece! This is the work of a fellow "old soul", I would love to see you publish this someday, it's one of my favorites and I think just reading it made my tummy feel better :)

Im so glad this one caught my eye, love the title too!
-Jamie

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

one of my favorites of yours so far. I love the interwoven imagrey of nature, and tying it in with your theme of childhood dreams. awesome job cowboy, i'm a fan!!

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1073 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on February 2, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing