Not For Sale

Not For Sale

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

A world gone mad

"

Favors for those born into wealth

Through luck of their family name

And those that are bestowed power

By we the people in the name of justice

Not to mention those who achieve fame

From talent or lack there of…

 

are not for sale

             yet it is all too often bought.

 

 

Innocence of children daydreaming

Of Walking with Mickey Mouse

Or playing fetch with Goofy

As they imagine without limits

Of all they can achieve and reach

When they just believe…

 

Is not for sale

         But all too often is stolen.

 

 

Peace among all the mighty nations

As our eyes become blind to color

And our rivers of blood flow together

Drowning weapons of mass destruction

So they’ll never ever be seen again

Bringing freedom under one flag…

 

Is not for sale

            But still something we all need.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Wow ... now here's a message all need to hear, feel and repeat! Not for sale.. let's stop selling our precious freedoms for a dime.. stop turning our backs to those in need.. keep looking for peace and freedom.. we do have freedom ... but it's a continuous struggle to keep it! In our time we have not had to fight as hard as some in the past to gain freedom.. slowly and quietly .. we are loosing those freedoms.. piece by piece in the underwriting.. going from the top.. like dominoes coming down.. we must stop at all costs.. not allow that precious freedom to be sold.. terrorism is not the only thing threatening it! Those born into wealth .. often do not know what this means.. they have a huge need of money.. some NEED it.. smart wealthy families.. gave wisdom with the gift of a better life.. but will they sell out or turn their backs.. so many with money fleeing to smaller countries.. exchanging their dollars for a better lifestyle.. but not here to support or stand for their home countries.. retiring in luxury instead. Much can be said for this entire writing.. many views could be exercised and expressed on all topics.. very thought provoking and moving!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


WOW!!
As an advocate for all human rights for all, I really love this peice. The way you blended all the topics into a smooth poem is awesome. These are things we need in order to survive as a Human race. Great job Cowboy!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

superb, Dale. Loved it. Also the rhythm was perfect, such a natural rhyme how I like it. You kept me guessing by mixing those emblems of dynamics and power and senselessness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very good piece... fantastic message here... its sad how money influences peoples thoughts and changes their minds... making them do things that will ultimately hurt others but are motivated by greed...



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As it would seem everything has a price. From freedom to enslavement. It is to often a price there a few and far between that are willing to pay it. We struggle and we live while other achieve wealth and fame from our hard work. We are the blue collar heroes my friend. Being brave enough to say f**k that. I have had enough.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can never get over the depth in your messages. Such a great write. Nice job, my Friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very powerful message, Dale. Patriotic. True.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great message, powerful piece. Nicely done, Cowboy!




Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A powerful message that is so true. A beautiful read, and a reminder to us all about how the really important things in life just get tossed away. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

555 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 6, 2008
Last Updated on September 6, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Time

A Poem by Rain