Cries In The Night

Cries In The Night

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

With the morning sunrise

brings morning delights

as the new day dawns

with rays of smiles

and beams of laughter

warming up the soul.

 

Highnoon burns away

all the sorrows of yesterday

leaving no trace

of the heart’s wounds

that are too often reopened

By the simplest blow.

 

As evening approaches

and darkness chases away

all remains that daylight gave

creatures of the mind

come out to feast

on the matters of the heart.

 

Then in the witching hour

when hope can’t be seen

through the darkness

this is the prayer I say

every night before bed

 

“As I lay me down to sleep

I pray the lord the sun to keep

letting laughter sing so bright

drowning out the cries in the night.”

 

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Firstly, YAY! This is wonderful and double YAY for the no capitalisation to allow each thought to continue! And just a little ooh at the typo line 5, stanza 2 (to, too). Your ability to emote is in leaps and bounds at the moment, Cowboy. High five to you. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have always been a night person, that is when I thrive but saying that I know how wonderful the sun can feel on your skin on a hot day or how beautiful and carefree a summer can be. You shed light in the darkness... a great poem to read to a child who is afraid of the dark. Close your eyes... the morning will be here soon...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dale..this flows very nicely, and is a write of much wisdom! I agree with you in that the light is always healing and soothing to the spirit! I like the title you have chosen for it also. As one cries in the night, it is that which is gleaned during the goodness of the day that carries us through such times!


Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this one, interesting way to look at the night. I wonder how many others relate....
maybe you just need to get out into the light more. :)
Nice piece, really enjoyed it.
Kelly

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful. I enjoyed reading this. The happiness being chased away by the things in the night. I LOVE IT

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful, haunting and dark. Emotions are deep in every line, an inspirational piece.


Awesome write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dale, I heard you voice in this one! It was beautifully expressed and the emotions ran deep throughout. It is an inspirational piece that brings hope of a new day a new beginning. A very powerful write with the second stanza and the last stanza impacting me the most!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dale, this is soo beautiful and inspirational...you have penned yourself something that deserves reading on a daily basis...just lovely :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I always enjoy messages in poetry from the writers point of view. This one is elegant in how the words and sentences roll off the page together so sweetly. Excellent write I really enjoyed this read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow...im at a loss of words...very deeply written. i love your work and this right here tells me why i love it.
you expressed so much in this. made me think about my self when reading this. i cant wait to read more from you. !! hehe

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Highnoon burns away

all the sorrows of yesterday

leaving no trace

of the heart's wounds

that are to often reopened

By the simplest blow.

This stanza is powerful, particularly the last two lines. And so very true. Yes, yesterday is gone and there is always hope for a new today and a better tomorrow, but sometimes the slightest reminder, scent, sound.... brings all of the pain and sorrow of yesterday rushing back to us. I know that sometimes it feels as if yesterday will never stop haunting us with its unresolved pains and sorrows, but in time it will. I think the cure is new love. I truly believe that. Some will argue that it is self love, and although there is a lot of truth to that, some need the love of another as well.

Loneliness is hard to bear sometimes, and there are a lot of us who are enduring it. But there is a brighter day around the corner.... keep believing that Dale, and it will come... and will have been well worth the wait.

Beautifully written poem.

Big hugs and kisses cowboy ....







Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

415 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2008
Last Updated on January 15, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing