chapter 5

chapter 5

A Chapter by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Sally had to walk to the Wendy’s in a daze because her car wasn’t there. Once there she ordered a Cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake. She was hoping that looking at food would bring her appetite back. She took a couple of sips of her shake, ingested one fry, and took a couple of bites of her burger. All the while a question twisted in her head like a tornado

in a trailer park. If it wasn’t a heart attack then what killed her husband? She could contemplate why she was the prime suspect. but that was as obvious as the nose on her face.

Once she gave up on having a real appetite Sally decided to go home. On the way she developed a headache, so once she arrived she went straight to the bathroom to get an aspirin. Her hands were shaking as she took the lid off and placed two of them in her hand. She turned on the faucet, threw the aspirin in her mouth, and used the water she cupped in her hand to help it go down smoothly.

She then journeyed into the living room, and plopped on the sofa hoping to get a few winks. Moments later her cell phone played “Head Like A Hole” By Nine Inch Nails. She retrieved her cell phone and looked at the screen. It showed a phone number she didn’t recognize. She touched the green button. “Hello.”

“How are you?” A voice she recognized but couldn’t place it. “Who is this?” Sally asked bewildered.
“It’s your brother-in-law.”
“ my God, Pharell. Sorry, I didn’t recognize your voice.”

She thought she heard Pharell chuckle. “Really? Well, it has been a long time.”

“What are you talking about? I just saw you at my wedding.”

There was a pause. “I know. I was joking.” She heard Pharell take a deep breath and then let it out. “Anyways. How are you doing?”

“I’m alright I guess. Just a bit disoriented at the moment. How are you doing?”

“Well, Just a bit in shock. I mean My brother just got married yesterday and now.”

Sally sighed. “I know. I am so sorry about your brother.”

“Well, thank you.” Pharell paused. “And I’m so sorry about your husband. I can’t imagine how traumatic that must have been.” He paused again.” did He um... really die during sex?”

Sally took a couple of breaths trying to control her aggravation from being asked that question. “Yes.” She paused. “Aren’t you going to call me a gold-digging w***e?”

“Woah., calm down. Actually, I really called to see how you are doing.”

Sally felt embarrassed. If Pharell could see her face he could see how red her cheeks were. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“That’s okay. I understand. I know you’ve heard that a lot from my mom and sister.”

“And you,” Sally replied loudly.

It took a moment for Pharell to respond. “Yes, Yes. At Kirst, I admit I did.” He paused. “ But then I saw how much you really loved him.”

“But you didn’t defend me when your family Called me it.” “ I know. It’s just. You don’t underst...”

Sally cut him off. “ I don’t need your pathetic excuses.”

“Look,” Pharell shouted. Then took a moment before continuing. “Sorry. You’re right. I was a coward.”

Sally sighed but didn’t reply.

When Pharell realized she wasn’t, he continued. “Look, there is something else I need to talk to you about.”

“What’s that?” Sally replied sharply. “Have you talked to Scott’s attorney?”

“Actually I have.” Sally paused. “He came to my house, and then visited me at the hospital.”

“Dam it.” Pharell said with anger in his tone.” I Kigured he would.”

“Geez Pharell, what’s the matter?”
“And let me guess. He told you to watch out for the family.”
“Well, acyua..”
Pharell cut off Sally’s reply. “ Look Sally. You can not trust that man.” “What are you talking about?”
“The man is a leach,” Mark said bluntly. “You got to trust me.”
“And why should I trust you?”

Sally heard Pharell huff before he replied. “Well, I guess I haven’t given you a reason to. But trust me.” He paused.” Look, Scott told me once that he thought Mark was stealing from him. Well more like embezzling money.”

Sally was in too much shock to reply to this allegation. “Sally. Are you still there?”

Sally snapped out of her mental coma.” Oh yes. Sorry. I just can’t believe it. He was Scott’s attorney for over Six years.”

“Yes. And he was going to Kire him.”
{I just.. don’t know who to believe.”
“Please. “Marl pleaded. “You’ve got to Beli...”

Sally ended the call before Pharell could Kinish is thoughts. The fog in her brain just became a lot thicker.



© 2023 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on October 2, 2023
Last Updated on October 2, 2023


Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing