Numb

Numb

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

That ton of bricks

Is a feather in my cap.

 

A swinging sledgehammer

Might as well be a bee sting.

 

Sudden shotgun blast

Becomes a pinprick.

 

Being in so much pain

Has made me numb.

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

These are some serious emotion going on here. It feels like a sudden shock from something tragic that has happened. It has me thinking and feeling some one has died from being shot. Wow this is deeply moving in so few short words that are all carefully placed. the flow as smooth as water but yet it strikes me tragic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Tragic, strange and powerful. Wonderfully written and thoughtfully portrayed. Has a strong impact on the reader.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Impacting way of describing the numbing that happens when life hits us like a ton of bricks...the numbing we run to to stop the pain yet the pain reminds us we're alive while the numbing makes us live like lifeless bodies....i enjoyed the insight.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strong, definite, powerful. I like the brevity which adds to the intense feeling, R&R. You write these short mind moments well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is another good write "being in so much pain has made me numb" love this line

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this piece even though the pain and sadness that is expressed. The numbness from so much pain and hurt is something that I can relate to. When you go through so much and are continually hurt by someone you begin to expect it and just can't fathom it anymore. It's a breaking point. Well written...love the comparisons, like a sledgehammer feeling like a minor bee sting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


:( I'm sorry you feel this way, but on the bright side, it makes for beautiful poetry. Seriously, though, this is another great piece; simple, strong and expressive. Nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very powerful language. I love it. I've been in this situation before, hope you get out of it okay!

--Jess:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Numbness becomes the norm after so much pain is endured for such a period of time. Then our feelings become mentally generated rather than emotionally. It simply shuts down... The sadness of it all is all of it...

Posted 14 Years Ago


My heart is hurting for you. I know this feeling and have felt this quite a few times in my life. This was a very straight forward honest piece and I hope that you can fight through the pain and find the light again. My thoughts are with you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Pretty straightforward, yet powerful. I dig the bricks/feather line. Nice concise write Cowboy.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..