The Human RACE

The Human RACE

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

There I go thinking again

"

 

 

Ignorance is not bliss

When the scene is

Technologically enhanced.

Digital spirits

Make for microchip souls

Hearts are solar powered

Not plugged in.

A mind should be a source

Of free will,

Not a prison for information.

 

Why be a stone

When a river is a lifeline

To Mother Nature?

 

If blood is thicker than water

How can so many

Have ice in their veins?

 

Is THE HUMAN RACE

Taken to literally?

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem makes us stop and think about the world around us, and I would rather be a river than a stone any day plus with time a river with cut through the rock! I don't know why so many people ice in their veins but I truly hope I never become one of those unhappy souls.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Amazing write, I love this one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ang
Such a great piece! I love your first line, "Ignorance is not bliss." That really captivated me to read more. People say "ignorance is bliss." But is it really? Being in the now and knowing what is happening is what we should strive for. I love your poem! And the message you put into it! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Inescapable the mirror you are holding here over our world and our so self-destructive society - where are we all headed to? ...

Forceful and thought provoking words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
You awaken such profound thoughts of technology and humanity.. It is said that the latest generation, those children now growing up with technology all around, spend no more than minutes connecting to nature.. We will lose touch with the world if something doesn't happen.. Powerful message.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow….
One of the most intelligent and powerful creations…
Published in writer’s café….
I have no more words to say..


Posted 13 Years Ago


"A mind should be a source
Of free will,
Not a prison for information." ~ I concur with this wholeheartedly. This is a stunning observation. Technology has afforded us a certain ease of communication, advancement, luxury yet we have traded in our quality time with family, friends even ourselves plus our reverie for this. A sad price to pay indeed. This may seem off track but I admire the Gothic poets because they did not have Ipods, television, radio, internet and such yet they crafted the most imaginative, unforgettable poetry and stories. Heck they didn't even have dictionaries and thesauruses back then. Even our books are turning digital! Great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think the answer is yes. Another brilliant write on the state of the world today with all its technology. I love how in this one too you don't clutter the message up with lots of words. It's direct and to the point, not easy to miss even if one is not really looking. Outstanding.

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting perspective in this piece.......thought-provoking!
technology doesn't necessarily make us better!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This made me think. Lovely poem. You caught a very sensitive subject with this. Thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i find myself thinking the same thing and you've expressed this so creatively
this technological age forces us to embrace the computer so much so that we are becoming like it; spitting out information, ingesting information and losing our human touch because emotions, scents and touch is sometimes too much to undertake, receive and give... :(

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1067 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin