Lesson From The Road

Lesson From The Road

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Been deplited in the inspiration department lately so just doing something to hopefully jump start my creativity.

"

 

The well is full of ink

but without a pen to fill up

so the liquid begins to harden

like a heart with no love,

thus staining the dark hole

like a bad tattoo.

Now I know

through this experience's teaching

to keep the ink stirring

even when I am not writing.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is well said. We should always continue to live and write be creative and go for our dreams.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this very much, you did a fantastic job and writing this and conveying the theme.. nice penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this could apply to any area of life. this is full of wisdom...so true in many areas...keep stirring that ink...loved what this says...

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
True words indeed. As people who love to write, we will always have those times when the words just won't show themselves in our brain. It's like there's a little guy inside there who waits at the door of creation in his little chair and he's so reliable until one day he puts up a little sign. "Out on break, be back soon." Regardless, in our waiting, we've got to keep the ink stirring as you say. Great poem and analogy.


Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great advice...I stopped writing for a long period in my life and when I tried to start again it was difficult, would have been easier if I had kept writing even though I didn't feel the inspiration. Never stop writing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think all of us go through periods of writers drought. I take it as a time for reflection, a time to ponder my thoughts (or no thoughts), give my creativity a rest, in order to open up new avenues of inspiration.
In the meantime, write about anything, whether it be about oranges, the time of day, or simply a word that comes to mind, without worrying about how it sounds or feels or if its polished, just get the blood (ink) flowing in the mind and pen, whether it starts from a beginning, a middle or an end of a thought or verse.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So true! Keep writing and inspiration will hit, whether its something new or a new look at something written when inspiration was hard to come by. An excellent write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awl...never let the well run dry! I better take my own advice and get busy filling and stirring, filling and stirring ;) Great poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


the inspiration is always filling through you and the page is just a stage for you to live on through us - thank you for sharing this

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm. It can be so hard to keep the ink stirring sometimes. To keep heart and ink from hardening both...Always worth it, though.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

787 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 30, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aikido Aikido

A Poem by Robin