Joanie

Joanie

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

For a good friend going through a tough time right now

"

  

In the blink of an eye

Things happen in our life,

So many are good

While others are bad.

 

I’ve come to realize

Life is full of surprises,

Still I am blown away…

How could I have ever seen

That becoming your friend

Would be the blessing

I never asked for

But desperately needed.

 

You believed in me

When you had no reason to.

With determination of steel

And rose petal support

You made me believe…

In my soul too.

 

Like the waves of the ocean

Your words bring me comfort.

Like a sweet summer’s breeze

Your mere presence is always a relief.

There is no doubt

Angels look up to you

For guidance.

 

I may never understand

What I did to deserve

A friendship from you

But you can bet

It has become

Far too valuable to me

That even Fort Knox

Couldn’t hold it.

 

Now in this time

When you are in a fight

With what threatens your life

I want you to know

I will stand tall

Just so you know

You are not alone.

 

Though I may be

Just a mortal man

I will produce

The heartbeat of a lion

And give it to you.

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


Author's Note

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
Not that I need to clarify but Joanie a.k.a. Sandy Beaches is a happily married woman and we are just really great friends and she is going through something now and i felt the need to show her my friendship and support for her.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, I don't know how I missed reading this precious write of friendship for Sandy Beaches...Joanie!
It is a beautiful tribute to her friendship, and speaks volumes about you and the kind of dear friend you are to her...and to so many others.

And, yes we can be the best of friends with members of the opposite sex - many want to read messages into our spirit's intentions, but hopefully they will someday realize that at times, we do not have to be in a romantic love relationship to cherish a man...or in your case....a woman! Some of my best friends in life have been men....and, I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Great write Dale!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

She will absolutely love this tribute to your friendship. This type of love and support will only make that friendship grow stronger. It will give her strength to draw on when she really needs to boost her spirit in this time of struggle for her. You can tell this is a friendship that "compliments" the hearts of both parties.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow.. such a great act of friendship.. through someone who helped you once to believe in yourself and now repaying that debt.. in kindness.. need more people like that in this world.. and people should not judge and read more into something like that then just that! I dislike those who judge a female and male being friends.. so many think it's not possible and read into more thinking there must be an ulterior motive when I know that is one thing I miss.. having guy friends.. I grew up and played with boys.. have a hard time sometimes relating with girls even though I am one.. funny but true! I still have that tomboy in me.. like fishing.. boating.. camping.. outdoor stuff that mostly guys like.. I think this writing is superb.. big thumbs up!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was so nice! I love reading poems about other people here. It shows that there is a lot of friendship and love. You did a great job expressing your feelings. I am glad you found a friend that give you hope.

And Joanie is a sweetheart. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1102 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2009
Last Updated on June 22, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing