The cookie jar

The cookie jar

A Story by Sahil Singh
"

A hilarious narrative of a boy and his father who argue for the control of a cookie jar.

"

The Cookie Jar

It felt like a magical evening. The sun was setting giving off vibrant shades of orange and red. The leaves were rustling in the breeze while I sat on the terrace realizing that all of this stuff sounded good only in the poems. In real life, it is just plain boring. But then all of a sudden something truly magical happened. My mom came upstairs and placed a cookie jar in front of me. And there were cookies inside.

But then my dreams were snatched away from me. I was betrayed by my own father and he took the cookies. I was heartbroken. I was rendered into a state of helplessness. That is when I finally decided that I had to do something to see my dreams come true. I would have to fight for my rights. So with all that courage I walked into my dad’s room and said, “Dad give me the cookie jar. I will not leave this room until you give me the jar.” “No I won’t.”, replied my dad. “OK, now you are forcing my hand. I did not want to say this but now I have to. I am going to go eat dinner.”. I sighed. “Then go”, he said. Then I went.

While I was eating dinner I realized that the best way to get the cookie jar would be to do it the old fashioned way. I would go upstairs, get it and then sneak away with it. I had almost executed my plan perfectly but when I was going to sneak away with the jar my dad asked, “Sahil, what are you doing?” “Can’t you see that I am trying to steal the cookies jar. Now close your eyes. I don’t want you to know who stole it.”, I replied. “Seriously Sahil, you have been caught red-handed.”, he spoke. “Don’t worry father I will get the cookie jar and when I do I will”, I was cut short by him saying, “Shut up Sahil go finish your dinner.” Reluctantly I had to go.

After dinner I had decided that enough was enough. Now I would wage war. I conquered every bit of land from the dining room to my parents’ bedroom. But that was mainly because there was no one to stop me from walking up the stairs. Then I entered the heart of their kingdom and challenged my dad to war. We had a tremendous battle that did not shake the earth or even the bedroom. I don’t think that even the floor shook. But it ended with my dad using his most powerful words the "G.T.S." or the go to sleep. I was forced into a sullen slumber which I would eventually overcome. And when I would, I promise that I will get the cookie jar.

© 2016 Sahil Singh


Author's Note

Sahil Singh
Please do comment on what you think of my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016

Author

Sahil Singh
Sahil Singh

Calgary, Alberta, Canada



About
Well I love humor and I love making people laugh more..

Writing
the trash the trash

A Story by Sahil Singh


The pug The pug

A Story by Sahil Singh


Revenge Revenge

A Story by Sahil Singh