broken bridges

broken bridges

A Poem by deathcabxcutiex
"

boredom and too much TV, not sure how I feel about it, whaddya think?

"

sullen and sinking
on the bathroom floor
everything's spinning
and I can't stop thinking
of you

yes,
you

a love like fireworks,
I am capable of so much more

pushed away dreams and
spoiled the quiet
I'm thinking I miss you
but how do I tell you,
everything's okay now
it's all okay now

sleep-
    are you a sleeper?
    do you sleep now?
save-
    are you a savior?
    will you save me now?
fight-
    are you a fighter?
    will you fight for me now?

 

 

help, bro  ken bridges are f

                                    a

                                      l

                                       l

                                        i

                                         n

                                           g

 

                       down.

© 2008 deathcabxcutiex


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's not bad...the first line is fantastic by the way. as whole it's a bit on the cliche, and the "falling" thing seems.....familiar ;)
although i know what you mean by "not having anything to write"...sometimes just writing for the sake of writing helps to find some cool ideas.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yeah, I'm not too sure how I feel about that whole last line. I added it really because I felt like I couldn't end the poem after the question. Maybe if it's just written out, not all dramatic-like? ... Not sure how to NOT write in a mundane fashion, I guess I am and will always be a mediocre writer:o)

Posted 16 Years Ago


the questions annoy me and they always will...its like you start by writing a poem then you're writing a letter of sorts...and i am not in it and thats just boring for me.

and i have seen that 'falling' thing done before...and once is enough, or not, I don't mind that...but bro ken is just tacky....and i have done that before, so who am i to complain...
the first stanza does actually spin around me and i like that but i aint too fussed about the rest. Its all sort of mundane.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

deathcabxcutiex
deathcabxcutiex

NJ



About
I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember. more..

Writing