If heaven is a place

If heaven is a place

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa
"

(just my thoughts)

"

If heaven is a place

I wonder can you touch

Hug and embrace

See the smiles on the faces

of little children

I really wonder

about heaven

Is it happy all the time

Do you ever miss your old friends

Can you visit now and then

On angel's wings and prayers

If heaven is a place

Are there mountains and valley's

ocean's and sea's

Do the rivers flow with tears

when things aren't right down here

Guess they'd be flowing all the time

This is just something on my mind

I try so hard to believe

in something I can't see

If I could see you in my dreams

what would you look like to me

Would you be wearing wings

From human form

to angelic being

Who said that seeing is believing

Can I put faith in a mustard seed

Or a cross from which a Savior did bleed

If heaven is a place

I need to see his face

 

© 2008 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

:( I like this poem sooooooooooooooo sweet makes me sad....I can relate to it's honesty keep it up...

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
This is so simple, honest, and "universal" I guess. Universal because we all have whispered these words at one time or another. But I have learned over the years that Heaven is indeed real. And yes, you can visit. In the right setting and with the right understanding... But that's a discussion for another place.
Beautifully written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It has to be a place for us to go when we pass from this world..I like to think of it as going home...I think we are in hell while we are here on earth...it is SO hard sometimes. Excellent poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


i like how it starts out with one thought, flows to another, and then you tie it all back together. that made it a pleasant read :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I hope it is a place - at least where our spirits meet up.....

:(

Posted 16 Years Ago


Beautiful and thought provoking. I can't remember ever even dreaming of heaven, but one can't help but wonder what it's like. I like that the poem is pointed toward the narrator's (your) need to see your loved one's face, and that this is not just idle wondering. It touches even deeper after reading about your loss. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I love the repetition. If Heaven is a place . . . well, surely, it must be.

I'm so pleased to have read this. It shed light on a cold, windy day.

Posted 16 Years Ago


... but for the lack of opportunity. They don't call it "faith" for nothing.

I don't know whether to comment with supposed answers or just with the fact that I loved the depth of soul-searching you did in this work. I enjoyed every word and feel you meant it all.

I will say your feelings seem to hold the exact criteria for finding God... first, you gotta look.
Thank you for inspiring me to search deeper.

Brother in the search and struggle,

Bear

Posted 16 Years Ago


the need for a sign is always present in us and I am no exception to that rule. It found me one day and I have become a target ever since so I know how you feel with this one.

very deep indeed.

love it and could so relate.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply great!!!I just couldn't stop reading it till I read the last word.I was completely focussed, which is rare as I'm easily distracted...
I love your thoughts and the questions you've put forth.I can't describe it anymore..
It's awesome!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2008

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..