If I Take Off My Mask

If I Take Off My Mask

A Poem by Deborah Leah Krempa

I f I take off my mask

F or the world to see my naked face

 

I  shall show the scars that no one sees

 

T ears that have dried up long ago

A mask that wears thin with age

K eep reaching into the depths of my being

E ach time I write a poem for the world to read

 

O n the internet I have bared my very soul

F aceless I am not

F or I have revealed my life in black and white ink

 

M y mask is coming off in poetic form

Y ou may read between the lines and fill in what I have left out

 

M y life story is an open book

A  choice I made when I reached out for these computer keys

S o as to release some of the pain in my life and to perhaps help someone else

K eep on writing as the mask that I wear slowly falls off into cyberspace

© 2008 Deborah Leah Krempa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i don't think i will fill in the blanks, i'll wait for you to do that :) I'd much rather watch your words unfold before my eyes. The last 3 words of your last line said how i feel best... keep on writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago



We're all masks of the Infinite.

The key to release from the calibrated despair that is the human lot (the only thing that makes circumstantially-related happiness remain is its rising to the level of Spirit, since everyone dies), is learning to relax all concern on principle, as a spiritual discipline, to find out what remains.

Your poem shows your usual acrostic ingenuity, personally clear confession, has an intriguing illustration, and should be considered archetypal. In other words, onion layers peeled away to reveal a Clearing of universal redemption -- not religious belief, not an interminable layering of me-me-me, but to get to our core paradox: the blessing that we seek, to relieve this mortal pain, is what we are at the deepest Source. Mortality and history are a charade. Only Spirit abides.

Merry Christmas!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the style you are doing here. Sad and emotional. You have a power to your words here and the message that your sending is clear! Great write. Thank you for sharing!

much love n respect,
anna

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very moving and so true for so many who write to lighten their load in some way. The internet has many critics and has its darker side, but it is also a tool for people to come out from behind their masks and as such maybe makes like a little better. I think the best line here is ... 'when I reached out for those computer keys' ... we can all relate to that one in some way or another!

Posted 15 Years Ago


"I have beared my very soul" - "bared"

Well said. A form of therapy that works well with many. Reminds me a bit of a by Roger Glover (I believe) about taking off the mask. Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Superb in every way: presentation, theme, words - of course, the ending wraps it all. Great post.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful!! I loved this. I feel you. I felt every emotion. Thank you for the request!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 20, 2008
Last Updated on December 20, 2008

Author

Deborah Leah Krempa
Deborah Leah Krempa

Toledo, OH



About
I am grandmother,.. My children and my grandchildren I love them all so very much. They are my gifts from my creator, the blessings in this life. I simply adore poetry and the .. more..

Writing