Nightly Predator

Nightly Predator

A Poem by Denise
"

Our own darkest wish..

"




















The sun sets, slowly fading from fuchsia to gray.
City lights twinkle in the distance, creating false protection.
Creatures of the day settle in, while those of the night hunt prey.
Peace finds a cradle, while evil finds resurrection.

Skeleton tentacles loom across inky charcoal skies
Night’s deathly pale face skims the shadowed earth.
Lonely souls gasp out thy haunted, mournful cries.
Predators of the witching hour hath risen in rebirth.

Warning naught to leave thy bed nor lead thyself astray.
For the soul keeper may choose you for selection.
And when the sun rises, you won’t see another day.
Searing pain and deadly thirst will forever be your affliction.

Night and blood addiction promises your demise.
Fear builds hate and hate burns out thy worth.
Despised by all, Light’s army born to crucify.
Prisoner of earth for eternity, never gifted a universe.

Bound and held by darkness until the end of time.
Soul captured, empty shell held in youthful prime.

© 2011 Denise


Author's Note

Denise
Just experimenting with a new topic, a dark sinister evil that resides in ourselves... afterall what is with our addiction to horror films and books, vampires, monsters and psycho thrillers..we all just want a taste of it, it is in our nature...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the visual is well portrayed.
night and darkness are the swords and shields of those who live in the shadows.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very visual, and even though the tone is gray, it is colorful.
Fine poetry in black and white, an Ansel Adams poem, after the first line.
The last line is perfect..
enjoyed

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way evil spreads across the earth with the change in light and then seeps into our lives and finally captures our soul... hunted like prey (as in the third line.) Very atmospheric!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It was awesome! I love it. The first and last stanza's are amazing, you introduce the setting with such detail then bring us in to the evil. My favoroute line has to be 'City lights twinkle in the distance, creating false protection' That is a great way to start off the evil feeling. The Ye old English language is not constant all the way through which can change the feel of the aura of horror that the setting gives out. But in my point of view, I wouldnt change anything. Brilliant, A*.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Have you been watching 'Interview With A Vampire'? This is dark as a moonless night. vewy scawy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


If I am no longer youthful or in my prime does this mean I get a pass to escape the darkness? I see someone has been watching Elvira late at night this weekend. Your dark description painted the picture right away leading us into this dark tale where our soles are lost forever. I think you did a great job with this, it hit the mark perfectly. I like the part of the sun rising and you wont see another day. That sounds so final like, LOL. yes this is a keeper great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 6, 2011

Author

Denise
Denise

Williamsport, PA



About
I'm still quite new to the writing world other than the fact I enjoyed and excelled at English through my years of school and college. I mostly just write poetry because of my scattered mind and deep .. more..

Writing
Deprived Deprived

A Poem by Denise


Saving Grace Saving Grace

A Poem by Denise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..