These Boots

These Boots

A Poem by Denise
"

These boots are made for walking.....and you don't know a thing about that

"























 

Thick pungent brown leather
Melded like woven twill
To black durable rubber
Coerced to the combination
of metal eyelets
And reliable cord
Connecting the dots
And protecting the cargo

Cushioned soles with
Secured ankle support
Quality construction from
Heel to toe
Trekking the world or
Just my own back yard
Living the life with stories to tell

Stomp and tromp through
Adventures, Adversities, Accomplishments
Hardships and Triumphs
Fall down
Once, Twice, Three times
Never give up, never succumb to failure
Rubberized traction and cushioned leather
Protect through every endeavor

One day I will relax
And take a seat
Remove these old boots
Scuffed and beat
Hang them up
And brush off the dust
Look you square in the eye
And say

You haven’t walked a mile in these boots


© 2011 Denise


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You can't work or play without a good pair of broken in boots..looks like yours are well used, and you have relied on them to walk that mile.
The last stanza changes the direction of the poem, makes it mean something different than before it was led up to..the last line is the clincher, it shows that you have been judged by someone..and you ain't likin' it.
enjoyed

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like that the boots become a metaphor for your adventures and your life as it consists of adventures because as some of us may know tennis shoes and fresh nikes cant take us half the places a good pair of boots can. and that through your "Adventures, Adversities, Accomplishments" you have to be as tough as a good pair of boots in order to "Never give up, never succumb to failure" Im in the military btw so believe me cuz boots are all i got.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Brilliant glimpse of a life and the journey one takes.. all while walking in his or her own mind.. alone no matter how many walk alongside.. Only you know what you've felt, experienced, dreamed.. and your words confess it with fierceness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nor mine , but the stories they could share ...

imaginative writing Denise , loved it

Posted 13 Years Ago


You can't work or play without a good pair of broken in boots..looks like yours are well used, and you have relied on them to walk that mile.
The last stanza changes the direction of the poem, makes it mean something different than before it was led up to..the last line is the clincher, it shows that you have been judged by someone..and you ain't likin' it.
enjoyed

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good pair of boots is a hard thing to find, seems like when they are new they hold too tight, and when they are old we hold on to them too tight; I have walked many a mile in some great boots, but it seems that each pair of boots takes us all on different paths...

Great Write Denise!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


A good pair of walking boots are the perfect companion for all those journeys... long and short. A real sense of achievement in the last stanza. Nicely done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fun and very cleverly written. Good footwear is critical for everything.
Excellent work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL.. Oh and you would be so right about that one! "These boots are made for walking and one of these days these boots are going to walk all over you" That is an awesome song by the way. One thing I can say is that you know way more about boots than I do, wow you make we want to get a pair and start walking in them, they sound more comfortable and safer than any pair of Nike's that I won. It is true that not many can say that they have walked in our shoes or boots in this case. Good write.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on November 8, 2011

Author

Denise
Denise

Williamsport, PA



About
I'm still quite new to the writing world other than the fact I enjoyed and excelled at English through my years of school and college. I mostly just write poetry because of my scattered mind and deep .. more..

Writing
Deprived Deprived

A Poem by Denise


Saving Grace Saving Grace

A Poem by Denise



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT


London's Burning.. London's Burning..

A Poem by .