Chapter 3- Stacey

Chapter 3- Stacey

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl

Justen jumped away from me looking at my hand as if he’s never seen a hand before.

“I guess it’s like the movies you cannot touch a ghost” I shrugged.

Justen shook his hand and then looked at me. “So what now?” he asked. “How are we going to find the killer?”

I realised I had no idea. Then I remembered the text Jackson sent me. Asking me to meet him in the park could’ve he been the one who killed me. But why would he kill me. Did he really believe that I would cheat on him at Liam’s party? I thought back to the afternoon I died and remembered my argument with Jackson. Somebody had told him that I was making out with Derik a guy on the football team at Liam’s party while he was visiting his grandparents.

It was a complete lie but Jackson believed I did. I asked him who told him this but he wouldn’t tell me and we got into a big argument. Jackson was always jealous if he ever catches me talking to a cute guy he would get mad. But ironically he’s always flirting with the pretty cheerleaders and acts like nothing happened.

Justen rolled his eyes and groaned. “Your killer could be a complete stranger Stacey. How are we going to find him? I’m not a cop” he said.

I remembered the voices I heard right before I was killed. I knew the voice but I couldn’t match it to its owner. I didn’t even know if it was a boy or girl but I knew it had to be someone that went to my school.

“It’s someone that I knew. I heard my killer speaking with someone. But I don’t know who it is the voice was familiar though. It has to be someone I know from school” I told him.

“Well its Saturday there’s nothing I can do. Wait you used to date that idiot Jackson didn’t you?” Justen said.

“He’s not an idiot” I said not sure why I was defending him.

 “Whatever well do you know Liam, Luke and Travis?” Justen asked. I nodded they were all on the school’s football team and were friends with Jackson.

“Yeah Travis is dating my friend Layla and my other friends Courtney and Georgia they have a massive crush on Luke and Liam.” I laughed suddenly and that made Justen jump in surprise.

“What’s so funny?” Justen asked.

“I just thought that Courtney and Georgia would kill me for exposing their secret. Ironic isn’t it that somebody already beat them to it” I said.

“Maybe not. You never know one of them could’ve been the one who killed you. Maybe even both. Anyway well Travis and Layla aren’t dating anymore they broke up not long after you died. Courtney and Georgia went to prom with Luke and Liam and I guess they’re dating” Justen said.

I pictured Layla in my head. I knew she would’ve been devastated that Travis and her broke up. She was always having bad luck with man. She was average looking not the prettiest girl but still not bad. She had long short auburn hair that barely touched her shoulders and was regularly messy she can never keep it neat and green eyes that reminded me of a cat’s.

I and Layla had been friends for years since we were both in grade 3. We only had an argument once and that was over Jackson. She and Jackson used to date in grade 8 and she was a little bit obsessive. She always wanted to know where he was going who he was with and eventually near the end of year 9 he broke up with her and asked me out at the start of year 10.

I had asked Layla if she was okay with that and she said yes but I could see that she still had a thing for Jackson and she wouldn’t talk to me for a month after we started dating. I had asked her if she wanted me to break up with Jackson then just tell me and we got into an argument. We eventually made up and we’ve been really good friends ever since.

Courtney and Georgia are twins they were really pretty and looked everything alike. They both had long dark hair that curved in little waves and dark pretty eyes. The only difference between them was their hobbies. Courtney was the sporty person who was always energetic and talked really fast and never walks slowly. Georgia was the quiet bookworm who is rarely seen without a book in her hands.

“Hello. Are you okay?” Justen said waving his hand in front of my face. I realised that I had zoned out remembering how my friends used to be when I was alive.

“Yes. Sorry I was just thinking?” I said.

“Well I have football practice in half an hour so if you don’t mind can you please leave this room so I can get dressed” Justen said.

I nodded and reached out to open the door then remembered that it won’t work. My hand would just go straight through. Then to my surprise the door opened itself. Nobody had opened it. I looked over at Justen wondering if he saw what had just happened but he was too busy looking through his closet probably for his football jersey.

I walked out of the room and the door closed behind me. I wondered how that could’ve happened doors don’t open and close themselves. A couple of minutes later the door opened and there Justen stood wearing his football jersey and looking better then Jackson used to look.

“I’ll be back in an hour” Justen said and then started walking down the stairs. Then I remembered what Angel told me. I couldn’t be more than 1 km away from Justen until after midnight. I followed him down the stairs and Justen groaned. “What now?” he snapped.

“I can’t be more than a kilometre away from you not till after midnight and before dawn” I told him.

“What happens if you are?” Justen asked. I shrugged Angel didn’t tell me that.

“It’s probably nothing. You can’t come with me” Justen said and he walked out the door. I thought maybe he was right till a minute later when I felt an exploding pain throughout my body. I screamed knowing nobody can hear me. My head was pounding and my body was shaking it felt like I was on fire. The door opened and I quickly ran out not bothering to wonder how this keeps happening.

I found Justen he was almost at the school. I barely could see him but his number that I saw on his jersey was visible. I tried calling his name but it sounded like a cat dying. I cried out at the agonising pain as I continued running towards Justen. My pain seemed to calm down as I got closer to Justen and I managed to call out his name. Justen turned and looked at me his eyes widened in surprise.

“Oh my god what happened to your skin?” he asked.

I looked at my arms and gasped when I saw that it was fiery red. I looked up at him and couldn’t believe how beautiful he looked.

“It’s because I left you. That’s what happens when I’m away from you. Great now I have a ghost that’s going to follow me everywhere” he groaned more talking to himself then he was to me.

He looked at his watch and rolled his eyes “great coach is going to kill me. Come on hurry up” he said and then he started running onwards to the park. He was really fast and normally there was no way I could catch up to him but suddenly I felt a burst of energy and I ran after him catching up to him in seconds. I saw a look of surprise on his face but it quickly disappeared when he neared the school football field and saw that the football team had already started practicing.

I sat at the bleaches and watched them. I was used to watching the football team practicing. I watched Coach Clayton yelling at Justen for him being late he made some excuse about losing track of time and ran over to the other football players. I saw Jackson and saw that he was even more enthusiastic before I died. They had a practice game and I was amazed at Justen’s speed nobody could barely touch him let alone tackle him.

Jackson was on the opposing team. He tried tackling Justen but Justen easily dodged him and ran over the try line. “Touchdown” Justen crowed bouncing the ball on the ground. I watched Jackson and saw his face was bright red like a tomato. I knew that look it’s the look he gets when he’s really angry and he was angry at Justen.

“That was just good luck” Jackson said. Justen grinned oblivious to Jackson’s anger.

“Just because you can’t do that doesn’t mean people who can have good luck” Justen said staring Jackson right in the eye. Jackson clenched his fist and I was worried he was going to hit Justen but then Coach Clayton called them over.

The practice went for another hour. It went quickly and I couldn’t help but watch how cute Justen looked when he was running. Practice finished early usually it didn’t finish till another half hour but Coach Clayton decided to end it early. Justen was covered with sweat and as he headed towards me I saw Jackson glaring at Justen’s back. If looks could kill Justen would be dead in an instant.

Luke and Liam were with him they were on either side laughing about something. I followed behind as they headed towards Justen’s house. They were talking but I didn’t pay attention to what they were saying instead I was looking at two people who were standing near the goal posts. I realised it was Layla and Jackson. I stopped knowing I had a minute or two before Justen was too far away from me. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but I could see Layla had a goofy smile on her face.

She looked different her hair wasn’t as long as it used to be and she had dyed it a deep red. She looked skinnier as well and she was wearing a lot of makeup. Jackson said something then Layla wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a deep kiss. I gaped open mouthed at them. I knew Layla still liked Jackson but I was still shocked. I guess it was because I thought that neither of them would do that not so soon after I died.

My head began to hurt and I knew it was partially because Justen was a fair distance away and he didn’t seem to notice. I turned away from Jackson and Layla and ran to catch up to Justen, Luke and Liam. “Wow Jackson sure has a thing against you mate what did you do to piss him off?” Luke asked.

Justen looked behind him and his beautiful brown eyes met mine. Liam’s answer made him turn quickly around. “He said that Jackson’s girlfriend was hot.”

“Who? Layla” Luke asked.

“No Stacey you idiot” Liam said.

I was surprised Justen thought I was hot.

“I did it as a joke you know. I didn’t know she was dead till a week later. I only said it because she wasn’t around school with him and I thought she had left him. He acts all tough picking on the younger ones” Justen said defensively.

“Whatever you say Justen” Liam said rolling his eyes.

“Well we got to go meet us at the basketball court tomorrow after school mate we can play a game of basketball” Liam said.

“Sure” Justen said and Luke and Liam left us alone.

“So you think I’m hot eh?” I asked him with a teasing grin.

“No I only did it to make your boyfriend angry. I felt guilty especially after I found out you were dead” Justen said.

“He’s not my boyfriend” I said thinking back to what I saw at the park.

“Sorry of course a dead person can’t have a boyfriend” Justen joked.

“That’s not funny. How would you like it if someone killed you and you come back with only an a*s hole that can see you” I snapped angrily.

“Sorry” Justen apologised.

We didn’t say anything till we got to his house. Justen was about to open the door when suddenly it opened by itself.

“What the” Justen said.

“I don’t know why it does that. Every time I think of it opening it opens” I told him.

Justen looked at me for a couple of seconds then walked inside.

I screamed when something black started hissing at me.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2015 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohhhhh cliffhanger. :)

So, I've noticed the little grammatical things are constant. So, I'm just gonna leave it at that. I like the story so far. :3

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
great cliffhanger, and i liked the flashbacks alot :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2015
Last Updated on June 17, 2015


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl