RAVEN ANGEL

RAVEN ANGEL

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

Your beauty summons me....

It calls to me from the dark recesses of the night..

I hear your call and succumb to the husky resonance of your voice..

It beckons to me..

 

I shiver in expectation,

as I follow the enchanting sound

say my name, my phantom lover

I long to bask in the warmth of your arms

call to me...

 

Show me the way

as I follow your call through the

ominous canopy of the forest,

you are my eyes, you are my visons

show me....

 

As I walk through the shadows of the dakr

searching for you, my love.

It is then I stumble upon a pure beauty

t'is a sight that only the angels should behold...

 

I rub my eyes, thing this a dream

knowing that nothing this exotic

could be real.

Watching as true perfection glides my way,

Moonlight pools silver liguid through your raven hair

You reach for me...

Should I accept?

Should I hope that it is I you long for?

 

"Come to me..." Your only words,

As I step in to your embrace I can only

hope that you will always reamin,

my RAVEN ANGEL.

 

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There's something just piercing about that photo and I love it. Sexy and strong.

This is going into my favorites. There's a longing for protective love in this that I can relate to.

I rub my eyes, thinking this a dream
knowing that nothing this exotic
Could be for real.
Watching as true perfection glides my way,
Moonlight pools silver liquid through your raven hair

What a nice visual that is! I would have stepped into that embrace too.
Sensual, sexy, daring, and just lovely! :)

xoxoxo,
Stacy



Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wonderful job

Posted 16 Years Ago


loved it

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is not my favorite kind of work to read.... It however, was a good write and I did follow it... Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


the flow in this was like discovering colors in a slow moving river. a very rippling effect. nice!

Posted 16 Years Ago


"Moonlight pools silver liquid through your raven hair" This is a great line, Diana. There is nothing more sensual than dark erotica. I have always rooted for the vampire! I would love to stumble across this guy in the middle of the night ;) Anyway, your poem flowed beautifully; I could almost feel you gliding along the forest floor into the arms of your lover. The imagery was wonderful, too. I really enjoyed your view of the "dark side."

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

From the opening line - Your beauty summons me.... (to the closing) my Raven Angel, I thought this was really nicely pieced together. Think you have keep dark colours in the poem that are mirrored by the picture - did this find you or did you select the picture?

A point of constructive critisism - please look carefully at how the lines are laid out and the punctuation -

Searching for you, my love. - this line would read better without the full stop at the end and flow into the next line.
Also I think the small and capital letters should either be constant or not at all to give the poem more of a pattern. Hope this makes sense.

Nice work.



Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jon
Nice write - again, a great flow and some excellent descriptives - my favourite of which was "Moonlight pools silver liquid through your raven hair" - such a lucid phrase, just rolls off the tongue.

Nice work ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Diana, just loved how you teased the senses here with your wonderful imagery. You really do paint beautiful pictures with your eternal words. Loved your flow, just seemed to strengthen the quest of the person stumbling through the forest, looking for that special person. Very dark and eerie feel to it yet the softness and sensuality shines through in the end so beautifully.

As I walk through the shadows of the dark
Searching for you, my love.
It is then I Stumble upon a pure beauty
t'is a sight that only the
angels should behold...

I really loved this stanza.
Amazing piece, I really loved it!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love your words here they ebb and flow from dark to light...but not sure how the blood in the picture relates .....but otherwise an interesting write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

very intriguing write... dark & sensual, it went with the portrait nicely. i love the impressions you give of this 'phantom lover' - obscure & mysterious.

very well done,
sarah

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing