Surrender to the Night

Surrender to the Night

A Story by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

Night Controls my life,

It's a cold that surrounds my blackened heart.

A dreamless state throughout the day.

A hunger that does not subside.

It's my own hatred that consumes me,

This hell is my world.

 

I am not alive, but undead.

My sould is damned to enter

in to eternity.

I walk this world alone as an immortal.

A kiss of darkness has condemned me

to drown in a crimson tide.

 

Pain is a curse that follows,

I am the fear in humans,

I am the monster in the dark.

 

Please forgive me...

Please forgive me for what I am.

For I have surrendered to the night.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


Author's Note

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
this is just a restore

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really, really liked this and you used one of my favorite words; subside! It sounds so weird that one of my favorite words would be subside but it is, I just like the way it rolls off the tongue.

Really good imagery! I like the crimson tide as well. Great work, thanks for sending it to me!

Posted 16 Years Ago


16 of 16 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

very good vampire poem it's dark how i like it

Posted 10 Years Ago


nice

Posted 16 Years Ago


another great vamp poem

Posted 16 Years Ago


Gritty and dark. :) I like it. And I love the pics you use with this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


There's a really good feel of the darkness of a vampiric experience in this. I'm wondering what this would look like on a black background with white writing.
Personally I would remove the two 'It's' from the poem and maybe look at the 'a's as well. I just feel this would make the whole poem more ethereal.
Also the last line I would divide in two and leave a space before the final surrendering -

'Please forgive me....
Please forgive me for what I am,

For I have surrendered to the dark.'

I think this just adds to the build up of the final conclusion which is, for me, the most important part of the writing.

Very good and intriguing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


diana, sweeping emotions capturing the beautyof the haunting, the darkishness is overshadowing,as the ominous graceful feeling in your flow,in imagery and clarity hynotizes the reader's thoughts with the mystery of night and its effect on the heart, masterful expression, peace, mike

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Ms Murren. You speak with such grace when you do your dark work. It is definately your forte.
Keep writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Personally, I've never understood the doomed, or damned qualities of vampires. What exactly are they doomed to? Immortal beauty? Being a near universal object of worship and lust? Having the super human power that can easily transcend the worldly laws of puny nature and even punier mortals? Having the power to turn all of your loved ones into fellow immortals so you never have to loose them again. Give me a break. A man suffering from Alzheimer's disease who can't even control his own bowels is doomed. An African child, starving to death and dying of HIV is doomed. Joseph "The Elephant Man" Merrick was doomed. A boy who looses his mother and father to a car wreck is doomed. But a vampire isn't doomed to anything. That's why I could never understand why vampires were evil. I could never understand why culture would glorify someone like "Buffy" or that pompous a*****e, Blade, for killing creatures that are essentially giving humans eternal beauty and life. I absolutely adore and I would sell my soul (what little there is of it) any day of the week without so much as a Milli-second hesitation to be a vampire. In fact, my only regret about vampires is that they aren't real. I think the only reason people give vampires their "damned" qualities are to add a further dimension of romance to the character. Love is always more passionate when there is pain or struggle involved. That says something about the masochistic character of humans.

But now to your poem. Overall, you capture the "doom" and miserable character of the vampire very well. Words such as "crimson" flow so beautifully off the tongue. Yet other things that you have said have been used so frequently in other vampire novels that they seem to be a little on the cliche side. "Blackened heart" for instance. Yet, these are certainly minor problems that my poetry is full of, and they can be fixed very easily, and certainly aren't worth working yourself up over. The pictures also add a wonderful visual dimension, but, despite their beauty, still manage to serve as the back drop to your work, instead of vice versa.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oooo... I love this portrait of Vampire's life. Very nice, clean, and still sensual.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful. I find vampires a deep spiritual metaphor. Your poetry is gentle considering the topic. You speak with grace.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Untamed Untamed

A Poem by Bubo