If Only....

If Only....

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

If only I could be, your everything.

 

If only I could be, the one.

 

If only I could make you love me.

 

If only I could have seen,

 

What It was that I was doing to you.

 

If only that I knew,

 

that pushing you away,

 

would only break my heart,

 

If only I had said I love you,

 

before you walked away.

 

Then maybe,

 

I would have been your everything,

 

instead I am nothing,

 

and all I have is......

 

 

IF ONLY

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


Author's Note

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
THIS IS A RESTORE..... AND THIS IS ONLY FICTIONAL NOT WHAT I REALLY FEEL

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Unfortunately, it's not fiction for me and the way you've captured every emotion that I feel so perfectly really makes me wonder. I almost cried reading this and I'm going to send it to the person whom I would've dedicated it to, had I written it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The longing and frustration come through your words perfectly. This is such a sad and lonely place to be. You've described it so well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A small word that has such bit meanings,A great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I think sometimes whether by accident or purposely there are those who take one's writing literally and assume they are talking about themselves. The words in this message do speak to love lost by somebody, somewhere, sometime. Very strong write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

IF - the middle word in life.
Very good flow and imagery in this one.
I'm glad it's just fiction.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This a wonderful write Diana, I love the picture!!!!


Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

You are able to capture so much eomtion in your writing....I am gald its only fiction.


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Fictional or not, there has to be many times in everyones lives where we arrive at a point when 'If only' becomes a major point. Looking at various the therapist remedies, they always suggest to identify your past points of decision making, learn to live with them, move on in life and then leave them in the past. All easier said than done.

I think this is a good poem to write just before Christmas as many will be reflecting back on the past at this time of year - especially for those they have lost.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Hind sight is 20/20. You can feel the desperation in every word. Great write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

good work, took me back 20 years to the after of a relationship and the poem I wrote very similar to your "If Only". Enjoyed your words very much!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Very sad poem very well written especially since you are happy right now. That makes you a very good writer to me being that you can write something so heartbreaking while so happy. Good Job

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

445 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..