Peaceful Gaurdian

Peaceful Gaurdian

A Story by Dianne
"

Bentley is my friend, my head of security and a Collie.

"
We have a skunk living near us. I've called Bentley off him a couple of times, but Bentley is curious and determined to keep a protective eye on everyone.

It's evening on a gorgeous summer day. I'm spinning yarn in front of the trailer and look up to see Bentley creeping up the steps behind Pepe Le Pew. I'm a good hundred yards or more away. Yelling loud enough to get instant obedience is not likely to produce a sent free retreat.

I sigh and wonder how I'm going to manage a skunk clean up operation without running water. I'm sure I'll have more than enough time to figure it out!

I sit quietly and wait for disaster to unfold. Pepe is nearly to the top of the stairs, Bentley's nose gently touches the tip of a fluffy black tail; Pepe continues on, Bentley stops and watches. Bentley's curiosity is sated for the moment and he's decided Pepe is no danger to hearh and home. He returns to guarding me while I'm distracted by wool.

Dianne Evans
19 April 2024

© 2024 Dianne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on May 4, 2024
Last Updated on May 4, 2024
Tags: Wildlife, Dog, Skunk

Author

Dianne
Dianne

Livermore, CA



About
I'm a new writer. Oh, I've written stuff for work and such over the years, technical writing, lesson plans, resumes; you know the usual stuff of life. Instead I was always a reader. I read like crazy .. more..

Writing
Child of Gaia Child of Gaia

A Story by Dianne


Yes we can! Yes we can!

A Story by Dianne


I am alone I am alone

A Story by Dianne