Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Donald Peters

Jacob wiped the tears away from his eyes.

“Do you have a flashlight I could borrow?” he asked.

The taxi driver reached over and opened up the glove box. He pulled out a flashlight and handed it to Jacob.

“Thank you,” Jacob said.

“Sure thing kid,” he replied.

Jacob pulled out the second envelope and opened it. There were two letters inside. Jacob pull out one of them and unfolded it. He turned on the flashlight to read. It was addressed to a  Hector, but the letter itself was made up of random groupings of letters. There were no actual words. He put that letter back in the envelope and pulled out the other. It was addressed him and he began to read:


Jacob,


You next set of instruction will be to find my brother Hector. He will be able to take care of everything. The problem will be finding him. He was last sighted in Mumbai, India, but that information is two weeks old. He has a tendency to move around without being detected, but should still be in that area. He only stays in major cities for about a month and usually never flies so if you can’t find him, move onto the closest major city. The best way I can think to find him is to make him find you. You power is essential hidden from you. Right now, it acts only as a defense mechanism. So every time you are about to be harmed, your power level will increase to prevent any injury, But it is limited. You need to figure out the parameters of your power, and intentionally hurt yourself. Like I said before, you power is limited so be carefull you don’t over do it. Once you’re able to significantly raise your power level, Hector will be able to sense it. He’ll be able to pick you out from miles away, but so will the bad men. After every power outburst you should hide and wait to see who shows up. Hector will look a lot like me, but with a beard. Sorry I didn’t include a photo. He’ll explain why I couldn’t. Good luck finding him.


I wish you didn’t have to find out like this, but the fact that you’re reading this letter means that I am most likely dead. I would have never left your side if I was able to protect you. The true is that there are people in this world that are far stronger than anything you could ever imagine. One day, you may became one of those people. I am so happy I was able to raise you to this point. Everyday was like a gift, you’ve become such a great person. You’re patient and gentle with anyone who is around you. I wish I could have seen you grow into an adult.  I love you Jacob and maybe one day we can see each other again. Be strong.


Sincerely,

Isaac


Tears rolled down Jacob’s face as he whimpered. The taxi driver glanced back and asked him if he was okay. Jacob told him to keep driving, and then curled up into a ball and cried. He stayed in that ball for the remainder of the drive.


© 2015 Donald Peters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on July 28, 2015
Last Updated on July 28, 2015


Author

Donald Peters
Donald Peters

Writing
Epigraph Epigraph

A Chapter by Donald Peters


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Donald Peters


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Donald Peters