Pebble

Pebble

A Chapter by Doxophobia

    "What are you staring at, Dharini?" The man sitting a crossed from me asked, casually. It was almost as if he hadn't taken me from my home two days ago. As if he hadn't ruined my life with promises of prosperity and world domination.
    I didn't answer him, in fact, I refused to look at him. My forehead pressed against the small, oval shaped window and the air from my nose fogged two little circles on the glass. I didn't understand. What was a Solum? I am Punjabi, not Latin. Why did they put brown, earth colored gloves on my hands and then smile with an odd satisfaction?
    I ran my gloved fingers over the fabric on my other hand. "You're confused, aren't you?" the man asked, the tone of his voice made me turn to look at him. A sad smile covered his face. My captor's eyes looked sad. How could that be?
    "Why am I here?" I whispered, trying to keep the strain of suppressed tears out of my already quavering voice.
    "You're a Solum, Dharini. Haven't you already been told this?"
    "That doesn't mean I know what it means. Just because you're told something doesn't mean you automatically know all of the facts that go along with it," I snapped at him, making him flinch a bit. I stared at him from across the van's backseat, "What am I?"
    "A warrior. An earth warrior."
    "But I'm.. only eighteen.."
    He sighed, now it was him who seemed to refuse to look at me. "Humans are evil," he spat, "They do nothing but harm the world. Look around you, what do you see? Destruction and death, pollution and evil. Humans have caused our precious world to crumble. Everything is their fault."
    My eyes widened, "But aren't we humans?"
    His head shot up and his dark grey eyes locked onto mine, "No. Never. Never... compare us to Humans. I am a Tutor. Every man who looks like me, acts like me, is a Tutor. We protect you, train you, and prepare you for war."
    "What am I?" I ask, scooting forward so that I could hear him, for his voice was lower than a whisper now.
    "You are a warrior. A Solum, an earth warrior. There are four groups of our army. The Flamma, the Lympha, the Numeri and the Solum. You are a greater being, Dharini. You are going to save the world from humans."
    I didn't like where this was going, my dark brown eyes pleaded with him to give me a different answer than what I was thinking. "How are we going to save the world?"
    "A war. We are training the Higher Ones to kill all Humans to realign the world."


© 2012 Doxophobia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Alright, I'm really enjoying your style, you're slowly answering questions while creating more which keeps the reader's interest (without obnoxious cliffhangers). I only noticed one shift in tense "'What am I?' I ask, scooting forward" should be "asked" other then that, great job, I look forward to more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Alright, I'm really enjoying your style, you're slowly answering questions while creating more which keeps the reader's interest (without obnoxious cliffhangers). I only noticed one shift in tense "'What am I?' I ask, scooting forward" should be "asked" other then that, great job, I look forward to more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"The man sitting a crossed from me" should be "The man sitting across from me".
Otherwise, I see no errors.

Again,you are feeding the reader just enough facts without giving too much away or boring the reader with a big explanation in the very beginning. Good!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Story so unusual. Can't wait for the next chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hi! I just want to say that I absolutely adore this book! Your writing style is incredible, and the idea of the story amazes me. Anyway, I am so looking forward to you updating this! x

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very interesting story. Very well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

151 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2012
Last Updated on June 2, 2012


Author

Doxophobia
Doxophobia

Bend, OR



About
Perfectly out of place. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Doxophobia