Breath

Breath

A Chapter by Doxophobia
"

Guthrie and Aira

"
    I realized I couldn't breathe. My eyes shot open and I tried to intake a breath of air. I recieved an influx of water, erupting against the sides of my throat. I quickly shut my mouth. Someone was holding me under water? Their hands were solid against the flesh of my neck, which is when i realized that my hands and feet were bound. When did this happen? Where was Aira?
    I was beginning to go into a state of panic when I was pulled out. "Guthrie!" I heard Aira scream, the water in my ears making her soft voice echo through my head. "Look at what you've done! You could have killed him, you monster!"
    My vision cleared at a steady pace as I glanced around the yellow colored room. Aira, my identical twin in every aspect except for her sex, was panting in the corner, her arms and legs were bound as well. "Aira..?" I whispered, before slouching over and vomiting out the excess water in my lungs.
    "Are you going to do what you are told?" The man in the white button down shirt asked me, his snide smile seemed to match the tone of the events surrounding the room. His sinister grey eyes swept over my drenched face, my light blonde, almost white hair covered my left eye.
    "I told you already. I didn't do it," I whispered, pleading him with my own light blue eyes.
    He frowned at me, "Don't lie to me, Guthrie. You and your sister are the only Brise that I could even imagine doing such a thing to those poor new Flamma. You blew them off of dock. I know you did."
    I blinked at him. "Oh, that," I fixed a smile onto my face and cocked my head, "They deserved it."
    "And why, pray tell me, is that?" He asked, his snide smile dropping into a snarl. He obviously favored the Flamma over the Brise.
    "That one new boy was hitting on my sister," I figured telling the truth would be the best in this situation. I glanced at Aira, just because she was pretty did not mean that every single Warrior needed to hit on her.
    Aira puffed out her cheeks and rolled her eyes, "Is it too hard to think that he was just being nice to me? Who knows, maybe he wanted to be my friend!"
    "He grabbed your butt, Aira! The only thing he was wanting from you was your-"
    I was cut off by the Tuteur before I could finish my sentence, "It doesn't matter. Just because you have been on the Island for a longer time than most of the Warriors, does not mean you can just bully them around."
    "A little water never hurt a Flamma before. making it will cool down their fiery egos," I conceded, shrugging my shoulders.
    "If that's the case... then a little water in a Brise's throat can't harm them. Maybe it will show a certain one that just because they can use Air, doesn't mean Air can't be used against them. Or, more like, a lack of air." With that concluding thought he grabbed my shoulders again and shoved me into the tub of water.
    I faintly remember the sound of his snide laughter before passing out due to the lack of air.
How ironic.


© 2012 Doxophobia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Keeping my interest up. Introducing the characters one at a time and not overwhelming me with too much information all at once. Well written. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on June 18, 2012
Last Updated on June 18, 2012


Author

Doxophobia
Doxophobia

Bend, OR



About
Perfectly out of place. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Doxophobia