Chapter Six: Aftermath

Chapter Six: Aftermath

A Chapter by The old me

Chapter Six

I run the fastest I can. So many thoughts hit my mind. I jump over the gate of my house in one bound. I almost not notice it. I’m a little impressed with myself that I was able to do that. I bolt into the door and quickly get undressed. I carry my bloody clothes to my bathroom and throw them in the tub. Something falls from my jean pocket and it rolls by the toilet. No time to see what it is now. I go downstairs and get the bleach from the kitchen. I pour it all over my clothes. I gather all of them up again and run quickly out with them. I find a good spot outside for them to get buried. My mind is running too fast. Why did I bleach them if I’m going to bury them? I need to relax for a second. I sit there. The thought of the police maybe coming over here soon motivates me to start digging. I get a good hole dug and I place them in it. I rebury it the dirt and go inside. I go to my bathroom and take a quick shower. I get dressed.  Just as I finished the doorbell rings. I run downstairs. I answer the door. Standing there is two well-dressed police officers. I greet them.

“Hello officers.”

“Hello, I’m Officer Riley, and this is Officer Wilson. Is this the Fisher residence?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Are you John Fisher?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Can we come in? We have some news to tell you.”

“Sure.”

I walk them into the living room and they sit down. I’m the first to break the silence.

“Can I offer you something to drink?”

“No we are fine, but son, you should sit now.”

I sat down as he wanted and I prepare for the news I know.

“Son, we found the bodies of your parents in the woods.”

“What…?” I act so shocked and heartbroken. Wow, I’m good at faking this emotional stuff.

“Do you know why they were the Oakwoods Crematory?”

I hesitate to answer. Mainly to show that I’m feeling shocked. I manage to say, “No.”

“Did you know where they are supposed to be?”

“No, sir.”

“Do you have anyone for us to call to take care of you?”

“No, sir.”

That sentence really hits me. I’m alone. I always felt I was but now, I truly am. I think I miss my mother, or whatever she was. A little tear actually comes out. That’s the first time that ever happened. I didn’t even notice it till the officer offered me a tissue.

I and the officers talk a little more, like getting my facts down and what I was doing. Officer Wilson is staring at me the whole time, like he knew I killed them. For a slight moment I actually want to attack him. If he thinks I’m a monster, I would show him a monster.

We all finish talking. They give me all this information when more people will be here tomorrow morning and what they will be looking for. This information just goes in and out my head, I know who did it. I walk them out and say my goodbyes.

I close the front door. A moment of relief hits me. I go upstairs to put some water in my face. I go to the sink, splash some water in my face and relax. That’s when I know something in the corner of my eye. A gold item on the room. I look at it and put it up. It’s the ring the man had. Bonded in gold with a black gem in the center. I stare at the blackness of the gem and then that’s when it hits me. The horrible events of the hours before.

I can see what happened once the ring hit my hand. I lost all control. The man grabbed my mother and threw her at my feet and said.

“Eat up, you must be hungry.”

I look down at her. I’m unable to control myself. I grab her and pull her up. I relieve my teeth which are more like fangs. I dig them into her neck and start to drink. I drink and drink till I can’t any more. The power that flows through my body makes me feel great. The man approaches me and I roar. The blood and skin of my mother flies over the ground. I ledge at the man and he blocks me. He throws me to the water of a small lake. I look at myself in the water’s reflection. I have the blackest eyes and a load of blood on my face. When I turn to attack him back, he’s gone. Right then I pass out.



© 2011 The old me


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is...gruesome and frightening in many ways, but captivating and it's pulling me in, I'll like to read the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really can't wait to read some more of this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow...


derek this imagry, i can just see everything.

this is an amazing, and sad chapter.

cant wait to read more :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Man...thats messed up :O this is really good, I can't imagine how horrible this would be. I love the imagery, and how I'm drawn into your story. It's amazing...keep writing!! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
There a few grammatical/spelling errors but nothing too major. This whole chapter seems a bit rushed and eccentric, but that may be a good thing right now. It all seems really frantic but it works here bc of course he would be frantic! And bc it's told from his POV it would seem unnatural if things were slow, well-explored, and well-organized. Good job

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2011
Last Updated on May 21, 2011


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not Lost Not Lost

A Story by Revolutionary