Nightmare That Is Life

Nightmare That Is Life

A Chapter by Ah Puch
"

Aduial relives the night that condemned him, and others like him, to a life of continuous objectivity.

"

 Her breath was coming is short wet gasps as she tried to get air into her lungs. She was resting in the lap of a seemingly glowing man. He whispered soothing words into her ear as he tried to stem the blood flow, yet it was for naught as the blood kept coming from the hole in her stomach. She kept trying to whisper, but the man wouldn’t let her speak, wanting her to stay with him just those few stolen moments longer. He sent a glare toward a dark corner of the room where the shadows were more dense, knowing the one at fault was in that corner. What the man didn’t understand was why the other was still in the room.

A pale crimson covered hand rose feebly from the floor to rest in the silvery locks of the man she loved. Her fingers brushed the tips of pale pointed ears before her hand slipped to his cheek. His light complection was marred by the red.

Faintly, so faintly, she whispered again. “You’re wrong.”

She coughed to keep the blood from seeping down into her lungs, the wet gasps for air that followed showed how feeble that was. Only minutes later all gasps, coughs, and whispers stopped. Immediately the light colored man was up and blurred toward the figure unseen in the shadowed corner of the room. A darker colored man was shortly thrown from his corner.

“I should have known! I should have known that filth like you could never be trusted!” The silver haired man raged, baring down upon the dark man. Pale fists came roughly in to contact with blue black skin. “Azsnak yechoi may. You’re pathetic! I trusted you to protect her, but I should have known that you wouldn’t do that. You wanted her, she didn’t want you.” The words slipping from pale lips started to become broken and less fluent. He was nearly out of his mind, his glow fading fast, and fists lost their power. He finally fell to the side sobbing harshly. “Eliac certesh, eliac certesh, certesh, certesh, certesh.”

Something sent the door to the room banging open. The dark skinned man sat up quickly startled then moved to the huddled form of the lighter colored man. Pulled him close then jumped from the window.

 

 

Teal eyes snapped open, sweat plastered stark white hair to dark skin. A gunshot rang in his head his body shivering with cold sweat. That night had haunted his mind for over threehundred years, that night had ruined his life and any chance he or any other of the 'dark' fae to have a normal life. A knock then sounded on his door.  

"Get a moving geniat." The vioce was not harsh, but it was empty, almost lifeless to the dark skinned man's ears. After these three centuries, the darker of the two thought that his roommate would at least speak his name. No matter, the man would just let it go, it wasn't like his former friend really had that much life left in him.  

Slowly, dark legs swung themselves out from under a thick quilt. He needed a shower to get rid of the itchy, sticky sweat from his skin; He needed a shower to foolishly try to wash away his nightmare, his past; He needed a shower to get ready for what was, inevitably, be the start to a new nightmare, high school. He would never understand how exactly this would help the humans to accept them. But he guessed it would be a start.

 



© 2009 Ah Puch


Author's Note

Ah Puch
Tell us what you think. Brought to you by Wonton and Cree.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 2, 2009
Last Updated on October 2, 2009


Author

Ah Puch
Ah Puch

Nunya



About
First off, the name: Ah Puch is the Mayan god of death, we almost put Anubis, but we thought that was over done a bit. Second, the Royal 'We': This is not in fact a 'royal' we, it is more the fact .. more..

Writing
Sleep Tight Sleep Tight

A Poem by Ah Puch