Her sea of Heroin

Her sea of Heroin

A Poem by dusk1107
"

... and still, I love my emtpy shell, miss her when I sleep at night

"

What have I become?

As I load my needle like a gun

Gripping it tightly with my thumb

Welcoming the loss of innocence

Drowning in my ignorance

Self-less torture I've perfected

Broken life left neglected

Ashen angel of many faces

Take me away to different places

No redemption ahead for me

Swimming in a Heroin sea

Lost my soul in a circle that never ends

My lovely needle being my only friend

Lost control, Lost my will

Time moves fast, and yet; stands still

Blissful oblivion! Drink me again tonight!

Wrap around my brain and give me my delight!

Ah, what I have I become

When all I am is numb--

© 2009 dusk1107


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol, thanks for the review, as far as where you can get a needle, lol, I am the last person in the world who could tell you that... I am as straight as they come :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


How do I get one of those needles? You make it sound rather delightful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh what a divine and very deeply stirring addiction to this fantasy of someone your mind wishes to escape with at night. Your curse and cure to each and everyday.. comes out in euphoria in lonely dark ways.. and how so many have found escape such as your pursuit. Our needles or addictions.. born in the need of climbing higher, seeking only desire.. then plummeting to misconstrue.. I could soooo feel this huge sense of humanity within you that I could just hug you for being so human. Most peoples drugs oscillate and deceive on planes of various desires.. born of greed .. and fullfilling the selfish needs.. that we occassionally do have to do. Many SAY they don't do this.. hide behind masks and lies.. to be that vision of loveliness they think the world needs to see. There is so such shame.. no one to blame.. for the man in the wheelchair who lost his wife.. nor should anyone else have shame to be ALIVE with needs within this society of reality and euphoria.. we are a SPECTRUM society.. very diverse.. your writing reminds me of the part of me that sometimes needs escape! Thank you for sharing! Great flow of emotions, rhythm and rhyme. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2009

Author

dusk1107
dusk1107

pooler, GA



About
Here I am, just a woman among many... mother, and wife. tattered and torn, silken and bright..... contradiction to analogy, and everything in between.... Living life by the momment, loving like no to.. more..

Writing
Her Her

A Poem by dusk1107



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


OASIS OASIS

A Poem by Mark