1: Dream of Fate

1: Dream of Fate

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

1

Dream of Fate

10 Years Earlier...

Sweat was beading on Selena’s forehead. She tossed and turned in bed.

A couple of minutes later, she jolted up in bed. She was breathing very heavily. Her heart was racing in her chest. Her eyes were still a little hazy from sleep. She forced herself to take in a deep breath. She really needed to calm herself down.  

            “The dream I’ve been dreading has finally made its appearance, that means my time left here is short,” she thought to herself. She got off her bed. So many thoughts started racing through her head. “I don’t even know who I should choose to be my successor. I haven’t observed anyone really worthy of the title. How did the rulers before me make this difficult decision? I may have to consult the other rulers’ records. I’m happy that their life stories are left as guides for us.”

            Selena slowly got out of bed. She walked down to the hall of records. She sighed to herself a little bit. She wasn’t ready to die yet. There was so much in her rule that she wanted to accomplish. Selena felt like she didn’t accomplish any of the goals she set for herself.

            “That’s probably why I’m going to die soon,” she thought bitterly to herself.  

            She shook that thought out of her head. She plopped herself down in a chair. She grabbed one of the journals off the shelf and started cracking down. She really needed help to decide who the next ruler should be.

~

            After a few hours of reading, Selena decided she needed to take a break. Her head started pounding. She massaged her temples a little bit. She had her assistant, Bridget; bring her a cup of tea.

            “Are you okay, Selena,” Bridget asked her with concern in her tone. 

            “Yes, I’m okay,” Selena said softly.

            “You should probably get some rest,” Bridget said.

            “You’re right, but I still have a lot of work to do currently. I really need to decide who the next ruler of Laz will be. This is really important, Bridget. I can’t fail my last mission,” Selena said. She looked down at the journal in front of her for a brief moment, and then she looked up at Bridget. “You should probably leave me for now. I have some more reading to do. I will call you again when I need something else.”

            “Yes, My Lady,” Bridget said and left the room.

~

             Selena was reading about Leah. Leah had ruled about fifty years before Selena. Selena’s mind started to wander off while reading about Leah’s life. She started thinking about the dream she had a few hours ago. Dreaming of her own demise scared her.

            “Why are we able to foresee our own demise,” Selena wondered to herself.

            Selena sighed and continued reading about Leah’s life again. A few lines of Leah’s story stand out to her. “I will be meeting my demise sooner than I expected. I thought I was doing well in my reign, but I guess not. I don’t understand why I need to foresee my own death.”

            “Leah wondered the same thing, I’m wondering now. I wonder if she found out the answer,” Selena thought. She continued to read more about Leah. She found a few answers within Leah’s journal. Selena needed to read more about the first ruler of Laz. Leah made mention of his journal in her entry.  

            Selena grabbed Nicolas’ journal off the shelf. She started flipping through the pages to find the information that she needed. She found a couple of interesting passages in Nicolas’ journal.

“A few days ago, I dreamed of my death. I’m not really surprised. I knew the dream was coming. I have the power of vision. Vision is not a pleasant power to have. I don’t know how I developed this power. It came to me randomly.

I know my death is approaching quickly. I need to choose someone to replace me. The elements will run rampant if not. Not even the kings and queens would be able to control them completely.”

            Selena stopped reading to let that sink in. She never read much information on the first ruler before. Selena also realized that when a king or queen died the elements would run a bit wild. People that the kings and queens bestowed the powers on were not able to control the elements properly.  

“I’ve been thinking for a few days now. I have the perfect person in mind to take over for me. She is honestly the perfect candidate. She’s a very feisty chick. She’s also very strong. She was trained very well. Her mother is the fire queen after all. I’ve already told her mother about my plan. She accepted her daughter’s fate. I’m going to have to tell her soon. I hope she is as accepting as her mother is.”

“I need to be confident in my decision when choosing the next ruler like Nicolas. I have had my eyes on someone for a while. She will definitely be a fantastic ruler if given the chance,” Selena said this out loud to herself.

            Selena smiled to herself. She made her decision. Selena now needed to prepare for her trip to the human realm. She hadn’t been to the human realm in about fifteen years.

~

            Selena comes out of the library and called to Bridget. “Hey, Bridget, would you like to join me for a cup of tea?”

            “Oh, sure! You seem to be in a better mood than earlier, I’m glad to see it,” Bridget remarked.

            “Yes, I’m in a significantly better mood than earlier. As you know, I had a dream about my death earlier today. In about two months’ time, I’m going to die from a heart attack. I had a really tough decision to make,” Selena told her.

            Bridget’s heart started racing when she heard that news. She didn’t expect that dream to come so soon. Selena has only been ruling for twenty years. She expected Selena to be ruler for a longer time than this. “I’m really surprised that your time is coming so soon...”

            “To be honest, I’m not really all that surprised. I know heart problems ran in my family. Plus, over the last few years, I have felt much weaker. I just tried not to show it to you. I didn’t want you to worry too much about me,” Selena admitted finally.

            “You know, I’m always going to worry about you, Selena. I have been with you for the last twenty years. You are my best friend. I’m really glad you chose me to be your assistant,” Bridget said and smiled at Selena.

            Selena smiled wide back at her friend. “I’m glad too. Now how about you get that tea going. I could really use some now.”

            “Sure, sure, but who did you chose to be the next ruler or Lazarus,” Bridget asked her while she headed to the kitchen. Selena followed her into the kitchen.

            “Her name is Celeste. She is able to control the element of water. Her powers are just as strong as King Harry’s. She is a very compassionate woman. She is very kind to others as well. She will protect anyone that is in trouble. She seems to be the best choice. I haven’t observed anyone as worthy as she,” Selena said.

            “She is an excellent choice then, Selena,” Bridget said while she grinned to herself.

            The water started to boil in the kettle. Bridget opened one of the cabinets in the kitchen. She grabbed the tea and the sleeping pills. She mixed the sleeping pills into Selena’s tea. She now had somewhere else to be.

            She handed Selena her tea. Selena drank her tea slowly.

            After a half an hour, Selena started to yawn. The sleeping pills are starting to take effect. “I think, I’m going to head to bed now, Bridget. I’m suddenly really tired.”

“Sleep well, Selena. I will see you again when you wake,” Bridget said and smiled. Once, Selena went into her room, Bridget made her move.



© 2023 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 13, 2019
Last Updated on March 5, 2023
Tags: fire, water, wind, earth, death


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing