2: Bridget's Betrayal

2: Bridget's Betrayal

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

2

Bridget’s Betrayal

            Bridget smiled wickedly to herself while she prepared for her trip. She is headed to the human realm. She had been sneaking down to the human realm for a couple of years now. At first, she did it because she missed her family. It was hard to be away from them for so long.

            Now, Bridget sneaks down to the human realm for another reason. A man. A few years ago, when she came to visit her mother, she met a man. What stood out to her the most was his eyes. They were a striking blue.

            Bridget’s heart raced just thinking about him. She smiled to herself again. She couldn’t wait  to see him. She left the ruler realm as fast as she could.

~

            “Master Kaiden, there is a woman here to see you. She says she won’t leave until she speaks with you,” shouted one of Kaiden’s men.

            “Send her in,” Kaiden said with a smirk written on his face. He’s pretty sure, he knows who has come to see him. When she entered the room, he turned to his men. “You may go now.”

            His men quickly left the room. Kaiden picked himself off his chair, walked over to Bridget, and gave her a passionate kiss. “It seems you have some information for me, honey.”

            “Selena has finally chosen who the next Ruler of Laz is going to be. I couldn’t wait to come down to tell you the news. I put her to sleep with some tea. She won’t be up for a while,” Bridget said.

            “That is excellent news, Bridget! Now, I must devise a plan. I really want to learn all the secrets of Laz and make them mine.”

            Kaiden had planned for years to take over Laz. Laz is the only country that is able to control the elements. He wanted to learn how to control the elements for himself and his country. The rulers of Laz refused to teach Kaiden how to control any of the elements. That angered Kaiden.

            “The next ruler is located in the water kingdom. Her name is Celeste. Selena said she is just as strong as King Harry,” Bridget said.

            Kaiden smiled. A plan now started to form in his head. He couldn’t have been happier. Kaiden picked Bridget up into his arms. He threw her on the bed and laid over her. He kissed her even more passionately than before. Bridget smiled underneath him. Then they made love for the first time in a couple of months.

~

            “No, Harry, no, how could this have happened,” Selena shouts out.

            Her husband, the King of Water is lying dead in front of her. Bridget weeps. She is on her knees. Her husband’s blood is on her hands.

            “I want to know who did this,” Selena shouts out angrily.

            “It was I,” says a voice behind her. “And you’re next.”

            A knife goes through her chest...she starts to gasp for air. She is still unaware who Is behind her. The knife goes through her chest again and again. She loses consciousness.

            Selena jolted up in bed again. This time from the dream she just had.

            “Bridget,” Selena called out. Bridget didn’t reply to her.

Selena got out of bed. “Bridget, where are you?”

Selena sensed that Bridget was no longer in the ruler realm. She knew that Bridget snuck down to the human realm sometimes. She knew that Bridget missed her mother a lot. She knew it was hard to be separated from her.

Selena’s husband was also in the human realm. She made him the King of Water when she began ruling. She was able to contact all the Kings and Queens whenever needed. She rarely had to because it was peaceful in the country.

            Sometimes, they had warred with other countries. A lot of countries want to control the elements for themselves. Hundreds of years ago, when Nicholas had come into power, he created a law to not share with other countries.

            Nicholas had known that greedy rulers would not use the elements honorably. Selena had read a lot of his journal entries when she first arrived in the ruler realm. He also created the ruler realm for all the other rulers. He knew that it was the easiest way to keep all rulers safe.

            Nicholas had placed the portals to the ruler realm in each one of the Kingdoms. He then bestowed every King and Queen with one of the elements. Selena had to do the same when she became ruler.

            Selena chose people that would work well together. She also chose them based on how well they could control the elements. The Kings and Queens also had to choose men and women to bestow the elements on as well. They chose people that they deemed worthy.

            Selena smiled at remembering how she chose all the Kings and Queens she wanted to rule, Queen Katherine, the Queen of Earth, had a rough start to life. Her parents were killed in a carriage accident. She started raising her two younger brothers as a result. When her brothers were old enough to take care of themselves, Selena appeared to her. At first. Katherine was shocked to be chosen as a queen.

            Katherine’s elemental powers bloomed when she and her brothers had been attacked by burglars. She formed a shield of rocks around her and her brothers. With her mind, she swung some boulders at the burglars. That caused them to run off. At that time, Katherine had been stronger than even the King that had been ruling. Selena had deemed her worthy of being queen in that moment.

            King Zayne, the King of Air, she chose because of the way he helped others. He would teach young men how to defend themselves. When he was visiting his younger brother, Rei, he rescued his son, Yuri. Yuri had been climbing a tree. He lost his footing. Zayne created a ball of air to catch Yuri. The air gently floated Yuri back down to the ground.

            After that incident, Selena, went to Zayne and asked him to be the king of air. Zayne accepted the Kingship humbly.

            Queen Helen, the Queen of Fire, she had been out with a group of her friends. Some guys attacked them. They tried to hurt her friends. Katherine got angry. A ball of fire shot from her hands. She singed the men. They ended up running away from her and her friends. Her friends had been grateful for her rescuing her.

            Selena had approached her and offered her the chance to be queen. Like Zayne, she had accepted humbly.

            She chose Harry because before she became ruler, they were supposed to get married. He was the head knight in the Kingdom. He had a lot of heroic deeds. He was also very good friends with Zayne. After her wedding, she was separated from her husband.

            She would visit him every once in a while. They had two kids together. She wanted to go down and see her babies too. She knew that it was too dangerous for rulers to leave the realm for too long.

            Selena sighed. She really missed her kids. He wished she was able to spend more time with them. Tears started to fall down her cheeks. She just sat at the table and thought about her family. She also thought about Bridget too.

            A couple of moments later, she felt a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. She sensed that something bad was going to happen.

~

            A couple of hours later, Bridget returned to the ruler realm. She had a huge smile written on her face. She was so happy that she was able to please Kaiden.

            “Bridget, where have you been?”

            Bridget jumped when she heard Selena’s voice. She hadn’t expected Selena to be awake just yet. She looked down at her toes. She didn’t know how to reply to Selena.

            Selena got up from her chair and walked over to Bridget. “Tell me where you have been Bridget. I will not ask you again. This is your final chance to tell me. ”

            Bridget still didn’t reply to Selena. After a few moments, Selena slapped her as hard as she could against the face. Tears welled up in Bridget’s eyes. She looked up at Selena. Her friend’s eyes were cold.

            “Are you finally going to tell me, what you were doing in the human realm? You know that you must get permission before leaving here. Did you seek my permission? Nope. I know you have been sneaking down there for a while.”

            Bridget gulped.

~

            Queen Katherine walked towards the throne. One of her knights approached her. She was surprised to see that he wasn’t with Captain Cliff.

            “Your highness, there is a man here to see you. He says, he refuses to leave until he speaks with him.”

            “Where is Captain Cliff?” She asked of him instead.

            “I’m not sure, my lady. I haven’t seen him in a few hours.”

            “Find him at once. Then I will speak to the man.”

            “Yes, your highness.”

            The knight walked off to go search for his Captain.

            A few moments later, a man walked into the throne room without permission.

            “What are you doing here?” She asked the man. “I told my knight, that I will speak to whomever wants to see me when the Captain is here.”

            “That won’t be necessary your highness,” the man said. “Your knight will not be able to find your Captain. His body parts have been scattered all over the city.”

            The man laughed darkly at the expression on Katherine’s face.

            Katherine got up from her throne. She raised her hand and summoned a vine. The vine wrapped around the man’s body. The man doesn’t even react. He just had a dark smile written on his face.

            “Guards,” Katherine screamed.

            “They will be no use to you.”

            “Guards,” Katherine screamed again louder.

            The man laughed darkly again. He snapped his fingers. More men flood into the room, each one of them is holding a knife in their hand.

            Katherine raised her hands. Her body started to glow green as well. A horde of dirt started to slam into the men. Some of them get hit by it, but then some others dodged it. Katherine proceeded to make more dirt balls. She tried as hard as she could to hit the men with them.

            “Grab her men,” said the man.

            The men darted towards Katherine. She hit some of them with dirt balls. Some of them were knocked out.

            Katherine started to get tired. She hadn’t had to use her element for battle ever. She only used her powers to grow herbs to heal others. She built a lot of hospitals in her reign as well.

            She started to breathe heavily.

            “I need to protect all the citizens,” Katherine thought to herself. “I will not let myself fall.”

            She knew that if she died, the earth element would run wild. She had the most control over that element. The other people that she had granted the element of earth wouldn’t be able to control it. She knew they probably wouldn’t be able to use their powers. They would lose the ability to.

            “I will not lose here,” she shouted.

            “I promise you, dear, you will be defeated here,” called the man. He had been freed from the vines by his men. She hadn’t noticed them cutting him down. The man darted towards her. He grabs a knife from his sleeve. He slashed at her throat. He missed her by mere inches. She was able to move herself out of the way.

            He smiled again. He could see that she was getting tired.

            “Soon, this kingdom will be mine,” he said and laughed.

            “Over my dead body.”

            He just smiled at her. She didn’t realize that one of his men had snuck behind her. He thrust the knife into her chest. He stabbed multiple times over and over. Katherine screamed out in pain.

            “S-Selena...I-I’m sorry...I f-failed,” Katherine said. The man then slit her throat. She bled to death in front of them.

~

            In the ruler realm, Selena sensed one of the elements had started to run wild.

            “No...” she whispered. She knew now that one of the Kings or Queens had died.

            Bridget laughed. “You did it, Kaiden. You got one of them!”

            Selena glared at Bridget. “You were in on this?”

            “Of course, I was. You didn’t see how much the people in other countries were suffering because of how greedy Laz is.”

            “Laz is not greedy. We share with other lands as best as we could.”

            “Laz is corrupt. You didn’t help other countries at all. You wouldn’t even share the elements with other countries.”

“The elements are not to be toyed with. You know this already, Bridget. You know that some people would use the elements for evil purposes. You know as well as I do that Nicholas made this law for a reason. You, of all, people should know this. You have been up here with me for twenty years.”

            “That was one of the mistakes I made. I should have never come up here with you. I should never have let you corrupt my mind. You’re just as greedy as all the rulers that have come before.”

            Bridget’s words felt like a slap in the face to Selena.

            “I care about this country and others.”

            “Yeah, right. You only care about your family and your country. You don’t care about those who have had it rough. You are one of the worst rulers in Laz’s history. I hope Kaiden kills you and every person you love. He will be the new ruler of Laz. He will not be greedy. He will save everyone that he meets. Unlike you, you have been useless for the past twenty years. ”

            Anger seeped into Selena. Her body started to glow white. She slammed Bridget into the wall with air. Selena raised her hand and then closed it. Soon, Bridget is not able to breathe. Selena cut off her air supply. Bridget sinks to the floor dead.

            Now, Selena, needed to get a temporary king to rule over the Earth King. She now needed to prepare to leave from the ruler realm.



© 2023 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Ignore grammatical errors. I will be editing this story a lot!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on March 22, 2022
Last Updated on March 5, 2023


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing