A Distant Memory- Chapter 3

A Distant Memory- Chapter 3

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 3

            “Dallas, are you there,” Johnny texted frantically. He was really scared for Amaya’s life at the moment. She was pale and she had looked sick when Johnny had saw her, but he didn’t want to say anything.


            “Yes, what’s up,” Dallas asked.


            “Amaya is going to the hospital right now,” Johnny said back via text.


            “WHY?!”


            “I don’t know. She looked really sick and she collapsed. Did you notice that when you saw her,” Johnny asked him.


            “Yeah, but I didn’t want to say anything to her,” Dallas said. He knew she would be kind of offended by a comment like that.  She was like that when she was either sad or just in a very pissed off kind of mood.


            “Why not? I mean she deserved to know when she is looking sick,” Johnny responded.


            “Well when she is sad she gets offended and I didn’t want her to get offended. What happened though,” Dallas asked.


            “I was talking to her for a few minutes then she fainted on my shoulder. I was really worried and I called a teacher over and I called 9-1-1. I hope she’s okay though,” Johnny responded.


            “I feel really bad for her. The last time she was sick she left school early. Then she had a doctor’s appointment. She had a fever of 100.3 and she was going to stay home the next day. The day she stayed home she went to get blood work done and then went to the doctor. Her fever returned to normal and she went to school the next day. Then she had a doctor’s appointment the next day after that,” Dallas told Johnny.


            “And you know this how,” Johnny asked.


            “I sleep over her house sometimes and we talk about it,” Dallas responded.


            “Why do you sleep over her house,” Johnny asked her.


            “It is because I need to get away from Maria,” Dallas said. Johnny didn’t like Maria too much because she was a horrible person. Johnny wanted Dallas to leave her for the longest time, but he knew Dallas wouldn’t.


            “You should break up with her if you need to get away from her. Sleeping over Amaya’s house really doesn’t help you at all. Breaking up with Maria would help you more,” Johnny sent to Dallas.


            “I know, but I love her a lot and she knows how I feel. Amaya is pretty good with me too. I would date her if she was ready to go out with me. I don’t really think she is,” Dallas said.


            “Why would she not be ready,” Johnny asked Dallas.


            “Well she has been going through a really hard time lately. I have been trying to cheer her up when I was sleeping over her house. I sleep in the guest bedroom though and we hang out in her room a lot. Her dad is really cool about me sleeping over. I am really happy that she is there for me,” Dallas said.


            “What is going on in her life besides her mother dying?”


            “Her boyfriend dumped her and her Dad isn’t always around and she gets very lonely when her Dad isn’t around. I go to her house a lot after school to keep her company,” Dallas said.


            “Is he working a lot now that her Mother is dead,” Johnny asked.


            “Yes, he is because it is hard to be a single parent these days. He puts in a lot of over time,” Dallas said.


            “I think I’m going to visit her after school. Do you want to go with me? You knew her longer. I have only known her for two days. I already like her because she is so nice. Is she always that nice to everyone,” Johnny asked.


            “Yes, she is. She likes to be nice to people. I know she doesn’t like freshman much, but she will be nice to them. She doesn’t hate you because you are friends with me,” Dallas said.


            “I know and that is amazing to me,” he said.


            “I have to go the teacher’s going to catch me,” Dallas sent back.


            Amaya woke up in a hospital bed with her father standing over her. He had a worried expression on his face. He didn’t like that his daughter was sick.


            “What happened,” Amaya asked her father.


            “You fainted in school, honey. You are in the hospital they ran a few tests. We are just waiting on the results,” he said. She just looked at her father’s worried expression.


            “I’m sorry, Dad,” she said with tears in her eyes because she thought she was being a burden to her father.


            “Honey, don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault,” he said and rubbed her hair.


            “Yes, it is I am a failure,” she said.


            “Honey, you aren’t a failure. I love you, honey and don’t forget that,” her father responded. Amaya wouldn’t look at her father. She was really hard on herself a lot of the time. She always blamed herself for some reasons.


            A few hours later a doctor came into the room with the test results.


            “Hello my name is Doctor Marsh I will just tell you your results. You were dehydrated and I want you to drink a lot of water for the next few months,” said Doctor Marsh.


            She nodded and the doctor talked to her father for a few moments. He nodded and she left the room.


            “You will be released from the hospital today. I will go get some clothes for you to put on. Please think about some things for me,” her father said. She nodded and he left the room to get some clothes to put on. When her dad left she had gotten a visit from Johnny and Dallas.


            “Hey Amaya, what happened to you,” Dallas asked rubbing her hair.


            “Why is everyone rubbing my hair,” Amaya asked, but Dallas was still rubbing her hair. He liked messing it up when he was hanging out with her. Dallas hugged her because he had been really worried about her.


            “I’m fine. I was just dehydrated. Relax,” Amaya said with a little hint of attitude in her voice. Johnny was just staring at her and Dallas was still hugging her. She had them all worried and she still looked sick.


            “Are you kidding,” Johnny asked her.


            “No, I did faint,” she said. She looked down after she said that. She hasn’t really been eating or drinking anything. After her mother passed away she stopped eating. She couldn’t eat because she was too depressed. Her sleeping patterns changed as well as her eating. She sleeps too much sometimes and other times she sleeps too little. Sometimes she only gets two hours of sleep before school. Other times she got a sufficient amount of sleep.


            “Why haven’t you been drinking anything,” Dallas asked, but he should have already known that answer. She just gave him the look that she gave to everyone. She gave him the cold stare that scares some people. Dallas sees it in her eyes when she is going to eighth period. She has so many problems in that class that when she goes to it her eyes are cold.


            Once Dallas saw the look in her eyes he shuttered. Johnny didn’t see the look in her eyes and he didn’t know why Dallas was shuttering.


            “Why are you shuttering,” Johnny asked.


            “Her eyes freak me out when she is giving me that look. She doesn’t really look at me when her eyes are cold as ice. I only see her eyes like that when she is going to the last period of the day. She really hates that class.”


            “What class is that,” Johnny asked.


            “Band,” Amaya said. She heard everything that they were saying and she didn’t really appreciate them talking about her when they were right in front of her.


            “I think I’m going to sleep now. I need to sleep,” she said. She wanted them to leave because they were really offended by them talking about her right in front of her.


            “Alright, see you later,” they both said and walked out of the room.




© 2010 Angie Diane♥♥


Author's Note

Angie Diane♥♥
Reviews appreciated. I finally got through this chapter. I had gotten through most of it on Thursday. Sorry for the wait. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing