The Grand Dance

The Grand Dance

A Chapter by Eddie Davis
"

Aaron and Lysa are married

"

15.

The Grand Dance

 

The mumbling and whispering immediately stopped when the doors to the Feasting Hall was thrown open.    Queen Aurei stepped to the side and all eyes fell on the figure meekly entering the room.

She was slender and beautiful, with long black hair that shimmered as she walked across to her groom.     Her skin was milky white in the manner of the Hutcaiah race of Elves and somehow it greatly complimented her beautiful lace dress.     Her large blue eyes sparkled with emotion as she locked her gaze on Aaron.

For a moment he was taken back in awe of her loveliness, and those in the room whispered approving sounds for the bride.

As she neared him, it was her dress that caught his attention.   He knew of it well, for it had hung in a place of honor on a seamstresses mold in his mother’s closet.

She wore it perfectly well, causing Aaron to recall the promise Alis had made to his sister, Abigae, that one day she would wear her wedding dress in a ceremony such as this.

But his mother, father and sister were all gone.   A mixture of emotions brought tears to his eyes as he held out his hand and took Lysa’s trembling fingers.

“It was Queen Aurei’s idea.”   Lysa said, sensing his reaction.

“Perfect… absolutely perfect.”   He said, too choked up to say anything more.

“I’m sorry I kept you waiting.”   His bride whispered.

“You are worth the wait, my love.”  Aaron answered as they turned to face the Reverend Mother.

 

***

 

Across the dance floor they flowed like courting birds in flight.    Never had Lysa danced in the presence of everyone, but in her husband’s arms, she felt, for once as regal as she looked.     All eyes were on them as they waltzed around the room.     Neither one of them would completely recall the words that the Drow Cleric had spoken to them, or the responses to her ritual questions that they had given.     But this first dance as husband and wife they would never forget.

Before them both was the panorama of a new life together.   Not as a knight and squire, nor even as a Duke and Duchess, but as partners in the joys and sorrows of life.      For Aaron, the bitterness in his heart at the loss of his parents was gone - not forgotten, but dormant as he thrilled to the touch and smile of his beautiful wife.     Suddenly life seemed good, things seemed optimistic, and the future seemed full of promise.

For Lysa, the uncertainty was gone, for she now embraced the fact that she was no longer a servant, but a full-partner of this wonderful man that she loved.      He would help her blossom as a confident woman and she would help him shine as a strong and compassionate Lord.     There would be many hours of joy and celebration.   Lysa smiled happily at Aaron, who returned the grin.

Life was wonderful and very, very good.

 

------------------------------------------------------------


The End



© 2017 Eddie Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"... but in her husband’s arms, she felt for once as regal as she looked." This should read, "...but in her husband's arms she felt, for once, as regal as she looked."

A beautiful ending!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Eddie Davis

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Elina, I appreciate all of your comments and I'll make corrections tomorrow. Thanks for.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on February 8, 2017
Tags: Helios, Westmark, Paladins, Talminor, Synomenia, Marksylvania, Orc, Elf, Drow, Fantasy, Adventure, Magic, Sorcery, romance, swords and sorcery, Knights, revenge


Author

Eddie Davis
Eddie Davis

Springfield, MO



About
I'm a fantasy and science-fiction writer that enjoys sharing my tales with everyone. Three trilogies are offered here, all taking place in the same fantasy world of Synomenia. Other books and stor.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Eddie Davis


Two Two

A Chapter by Eddie Davis