Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Becca

The Alter Dimension


Everything you’ve heard until now is a lie.
The world is not fine. 2+2 does not equal 4. Other countries are starving. Children die every day. Traces of lead are in everything eaten. The government is preparing for another depression, one much worse than the first. World War Three is coming.
And you are not human.

Your birthday is not February 28. It is the 29th. This aligns you with a different dimension: the Alter dimension. Time stops here and lives stand still. There you do not live. You do not die. You simply exist. And others exist with you.

Nothing related to time may exist in the Alter dimension. No computers, telephones, clocks, or televisions. No watches. They do not work there. They vanish, dry up and disappear. They cease to exist, both upon the Earth and in the Alter dimension. Hundreds of thousands of machines have crumbled in the Alter zone. Do not allow any more to be consumed, or time will become unbalanced, and all dimensions will fail.
Be careful who you allow inside. Their very presence may disrupt the flow of time.

Because you stand outside Earth’s dimension, you may enter in to any time you choose. Look ahead, look behind- but do not change the flow. Let time go where it may; allow it to be free. Do not choose its actions for it, but stand and observe. Do not perform an act to change the future; neither should you allow the past to be changed. What will happen shall happen; what has happened has been. Neither should be tested.

These are the regulations of the Alters. Hold them, seal them in your mind, never forget the words. Stand both in time and out of it, as long as you exist.



© 2009 Becca


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on March 7, 2009


Author

Becca
Becca

About
I've been writing my entire life, it seems... I cannot remember when I began, nor can I figure out when it will end. Hopefully, it never will. more..

Writing
Forbidden love Forbidden love

A Story by Becca


La la la... La la la...

A Poem by Becca