A New Beginning.

A New Beginning.

A Story by mndx92
"

Sixteen year old Julianna Bradshaw's life is turned upside down, when her dad is shipped out to Iraq, now she has to leave the city she loves, and go to a city she's never been to before.

"
It had been four weeks, four weeks since my world crumbled down on me. My boyfriend left me, and my dad was shipped to Iraq, how could it possibly get worse, I was shipped half way across the world to live with my aunt. If it wasn't bad enough I lost everything, now I even loose my friends, starting over knowing no one.

My name is Julianna Bradshaw, I hate my name, it's so not me. To be completely honest, I really don't know who I am, at least not anymore. Before, I knew who I was, I was the luckiest girl in the world. I had everything I could of ever wanted, plus the world. The perfect family, the perfect boyfriend, everything was perfect. With happiness comes pain, I never believed in that until now.

--

* Flashback *

I watched as Bobby walked over towards me, his tall masculine build, and tan complexion was only the outer core of Bobby, there was so much more though, that's why I was head over heels in love with him. I noticed he wasn't smiling, and I skipped to him jumping up into his arms, placing a small but tender kiss on his lips. When he didn't return the kiss and set me down, I knew something was wrong.
 "Julz, can we talk?" His voice was low, and my heart slowly began to sink, I didn't need a college degree to know what was coming. I nodded, I wasn't sure if I could keep my voice together. As he began to talk, I faded out, not wanting to know what he was saying. Slowly, I let my ears listen, I heard words but none that made sense.
He said he needed a break, and that it was just temporarily. I just nodded, feeling my eyes fill with tears, he kissed my cheek as he got up and walked away. I sat there shaking, as the tears ran down my face like a water fall. 

* Present day *

I was awoken by the pool of tears on my pillow, and the buzzing of my alarm clock. Six forty five, it was the beginning of the end of my life. My feet touched the wooden floor, and I shivered at the coldness, but didn't care to slide my feet into something warm. I got up heading into my bathroom, going straight for the shower. It must have been a long night of memories, my cheeks were stained with tears, and my hair was matted with sweat. I turned on the shower, and striped of my clothes, stepping in I let the water hit my back, tilting my head down closing my eyes tightly.

I soaked in the water, completely forgetting to actually shower. My head snapped up hearing the house phone ring, it hasn't rang in a long time. I let it ring, and reached for the shampoo, I didn't want or need to be bothered. Two hours later, and I finally dragged my tired body out of the shower. I looked at my reflection, and I couldn't even recognize the girl in the mirror. I went from a young vibrant sixteen year old, to someone who looked like they been through hell and back.

I got dressed in loose jeans, and a long sleeve shirt, I had no one to impress. As I packed the last of my things, I sat down on the window seat, staring out at nothing. I pushed the window open, feeling the cold breeze hit my face. It was very cold for this time of year, but I would soon be missing the cold. I felt the tears begin to fall down my face again, it stung when the wind hit my face, the cold felt like ice.

My phone vibrated on the bedside table, and my thoughts were interrupted. I sighed loudly, and grabbed the phone flipping it open. I cleared my throat, and put on my best happy voice. "Hello, Julianna?" A disgustingly happy voice came over through the phone, and I gritted my teeth. "Yeah, Aunt Gloria, It's me." Who else would it be, I said sarcastically to myself.  "Please don't be late, your plane leaves at 10:45 sharp." She said in a stern voice. I just kept saying, yeah and I know, just to please her.

My suitcases and anything else I was taking was outside, everything else was getting left behind. I really didn't feel bad, I didn't need any reminders of this life. I closed the door to my life, and I didn't look back, I couldn't. The taxi pulled up and I got in quickly, I closed my eyes as the driver pulled away. I opened them slowly, watching as everything passed quickly behind me. The airport came into view, and as the taxi stopped, I wanted to run, but with a brave face, I walked into the airport, and began my new journey.

© 2010 mndx92


Author's Note

mndx92
Sorry if there's any grammar problems. This isn't really great, but it's something... IF you like it then comment.. send good and helping criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

If you plan to write this as a novel, use the book and chapter options and not the story one. As is it just abruptly ends. Your work is pretty good so far, albiet I was a little overused as the beginning of a paragraph. So far you've got a good story/novel.

Send me a read request for future additions. I'll forget otherwise.

Posted 14 Years Ago


it's not the bad. keep up the good work! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 12, 2010
Last Updated on May 12, 2010

Author

mndx92
mndx92

MA



About
“These violent delights have violent ends, And in their triumph die. Like fire and powder, Which, as they kiss, consume.” more..

Writing
Chapter I Chapter I

A Chapter by mndx92


no name yet no name yet

A Book by mndx92