Caleb's first Vision

Caleb's first Vision

A Chapter by edloud

As Caleb slept he dreamed that he was floating in space. Before him was a green planet with a thick atmosphere. He began to drift to the side of it and saw a large space station orbiting around it. Ships began to emerge from the station, heading right at Caleb. Soon they began firing red lasers towards him. Large ships screamed past Caleb and returned fire with green lasers that caused the oncoming ships to explode instantly. The defenders didn’t stand a chance, and soon the attackers were shelling the station, it soon began to list towards the planet. Once it entered the atmosphere it began to burn up, Caleb drifted closer and came up to the remains of one of the defending ships.

Floating in the debris was a helmed head, frozen in the vacuum of space. Caleb reached out and flipped up the visor, his hand jerked away from the green face that was underneath.  It was an Iggy, a damn Iggy. At this moment a blinding flash came from the planet as the station hit the surface, igniting the oxygen rich atmosphere, as the flames crossed the planet the atmosphere changed from green to blue. Caleb began to drift toward the planet, it started to take a on a familiar aspect as the smoke began to clear from the atmosphere. As Caleb broke the barrier of the stratosphere he saw Italy, and drifted to the east and landed on a plateau in Israel. It was strange seeing earth this way, everything burned and scorched. A ship landed next to Caleb, the name Ehdin emblazoned on the side. Humans came out of this ship, white of hair, but young of face. They went about leveling parts of the plateau as other ships landed, most of them much smaller than the Ehdin. These began to open and robots came out and began to erect buildings from the surrounding sand and rock. Caleb watched as one sucked up the loose sand and soil in one side and blew out a solid wall on the other.

The last two ships to arrive were more like pods, when these touched down the humans quit what they were doing and gathered around. When they opened a human like figure emerged from each, one man, one woman. They looked like the others but the woman had blonde hair and the man brown. The humans wore jump suits of a silver colored material and their skin was as pale as milk. These two wore togas and had bronze skin. The last, and biggest difference was the wings on their backs. Two glorious white feathered wings sprouted from each of their backs, lending them the aspects of Angels. The robots continued to work in the background, a settlement began to be formed as the two species interacted. He drifted closer and caught bits of the conversation. These humans called themselves Centaurians and the Angels were Ananagi. They talked about an end to the war with the Saurians, and how the home planet was almost completely conquered. The male Ananagi was named Enlil, the female was Ehnil, and they were here to help guide the terraforming and colonization of Ssla, which Caleb now knew was earth.

Fighter ships flew by the growing settlement in a V formation. Before the disappeared from sight Caleb felt the earth move as they began firing their weapons on survivors. Over the next few hours he could hear and feel distant explosions and knew that the planet was being wiped clean. As night fell the sounds became fewer and fewer, until it was silent, no noise at all. Not even a cricket, just the wind, and the robots sucking sand.

As the sun came up the robots boarded their ships and left. By noon a whole new set was busy at work, not building shelters for human life, but building life. These were grabbing free ranging proteins from the air and combining them to make different forms of life. Grass, bushes, and trees appeared in great abundance. Soon flowers were everywhere. He began to here the familiar buzz of insects as the flew through the air. Birds began to fill the air with songs, lions roared and wolves howled. Fish filled the waters and gazelle roamed the now grassy plain.

Rain began to flow from the sky and rivers formed and flowed into the oceans, and the fish spread into these too. Caleb ran into the House of Knowledge for shelter and Ehnil came to him and called to him by his name; “Caleb…Caleb…wake up Caleb, wake up.”



© 2013 edloud


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on July 30, 2013


Author

edloud
edloud

IN



Writing
Dogs Life Dogs Life

A Chapter by edloud


A Girl & Her Dog A Girl & Her Dog

A Chapter by edloud