Ch.3: The Beat Goes On

Ch.3: The Beat Goes On

A Chapter by Smooth J-cool

  The music was playing, people were dancing, and the atmosphere was live. The Beat was full of people. People I never even seen before were passing me. I made my way over to the VIP section, where Ian was making out with this girl on his lap. The Bouncer let me in and I shoved Ian from behind.

  "Yo, what the f...Oh my bad Evan," he laughed.

  He pushed the girl off of him and the bouncer escorted her to the main room.

  "The Beat has never been this crowded man. I guess the word is getting around," I yelled. The music was way too loud.

  "Man there are so many sexy a*s ladies here. I'm just trying to find the right one," he said.
 
  "Where's Danielle," I asked.

  "I don't know. I haven't seen her since I got here. And I've been here for a good minute."

  I started to scope the room to see if I could spot her, but no luck. The DJ got on the mic. "ALL TWERKERS REPORT TO THE DANCE FLOOR." I forgot that The Beat always had a twerkin' contest on Mondays. The DJ dropped Drop it Low on the speakers. I made my way to the Dance Floor to watch the contest.

  There was one more twerker to go. I walked back over to the VIP section but Ian wasn't there. I decided to just wait for him. I sat down in front of a plethora of Alcoholic drinks. I poured myself some Absolute Vodka. I always had at least one drink wen I went to The Beat. The DJ announced the winner of the contest and everybody dispersed to the lounge rooms and to the bar. I walked over to the Bar to get some Hypnotic. What I saw when I got there shocked me. Danielle had popped the pill and began to shove her tongue down some dudes throat. I couldn't move. What the hell was she doing. I wanted to go up to the n***a and punch the s**t out of him but I couldn't make a scene in The Beat. Plus, I never got aggressive unless it was on the field. I forced my way to the door when someone pulled on my shirt.

  "Don't let her ruin your night" 

  Marcus was standing behind me. He was holding my keys. I dropped them when I was in VIP. He handed them to me and I put them in my pocket.

  "What are doing here," I asked.

  "Ian invited me," he replied.

  "Wait. Ian invited you? How did you two end up talking."

  "Well his locker is about 3 lockers down from mine. We started talking about Football season and how you guys won district championships. You never told me you were a wide receiver."

  "I didn't think it mattered."

  "Well I bet you looked good out there."

  I smiled. I couldn't believe he was making me blush. I began to think about the kiss. That was probably the most passionate kiss I ever shared with anyone.

  "Let's get outta here. We can take my car to this park I found. It's in the next city over," Marcus said.

  I didn't want to see Danielle anymore that night so I decided to take Marcus up on his offer. Since Ian took the bus to The Beat, I told him to take my car home. Marcus drove kind of fast. We got to the park in 15 minutes. The park over looked a lake. We sat on the grass starring into the trees and the lake. We were silent for awhile until Marcus broke the silence. He started to tell me about his life back in North Carolina. Marcus had a boyfriend. He was his world. Unfortunately, he was gay bashed and died of internal bleeding. I was in awe. I started to think about if that would ever happen to me. We talked for hours. Around 12, we decided to head back to Columbus. We pulled up in front of Marcus' house. My car was parked in the driveway. It was parked in front of my Dad's so he got there after Ian dropped it off.

  "My dad is gonna whoop my a*s if I walk in the house this late," I whispered.

  "You can spend the night over here. I'll just wake you up early so you can sneak into your house and get ready for school," he said.
 
 "That sounds like a good idea."
 
  We walked up to his room. He locked the door behind him. I sat at his computer waiting for him to tell me where I was going to sleep. He pulled a sleeping bag out of his closet.

  "You take the bed. I'll take the sleeping bag," Marcus stated.

  "No that's okay. I can take the sleeping bag. It's no problem."

  "I'm not taking no for an answer. You're my guest so you can take the bed. I don't mind sleeping on the floor."

  Marcus changed into basketball shorts, with no shirt. He handed me some sweat pants and a black tank top.I changed my clothes and got under the covers facing the direction Marcus' sleeping bag was. He cut off the light and got in the sleeping bag. Then he whispered something.

  "Sweet Dreams Kid"


© 2010 Smooth J-cool


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this story is holding my interest. i do think a little dialogue would help to portray the emotion behind the loss of Marcus' boyfriend. maybe add a little more about Marcus' background, and have Evan tell him about himself some. but otherwise, still good work

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have me smiling like an idiot right now, really you do XD
That last line was priceless, and ended this chapter in just the right way. Some things seemed rushed in this chapter (maybe you could add some dialogue when Evan is told of Marcus's boyfriend, to make it a little more dramatic) but for the most part this chapter flowed nicely. You've done another wonderful job writing, I'm glad I stumbled on this.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2010


Author

Smooth J-cool
Smooth J-cool

Fredericksburg, VA



About
I'm 16 and I love to write. I've been writing ever since I was little, but now I'm starting to take it seriously. I write about what I know and what I experience. I try to make my stories as real as p.. more..

Writing