Succubus

Succubus

A Poem by NotaBene

Here she is waiting her sandy tresses cascade down her back.
Her emerald gaze set to fall upon you causing opposites to attract.
Her glistening smile blinding your judgment you take a step closer and breath.
The shimmering aura of pure light and peace causing you to fall upon your knees.
Her crimson painted lips part as her inaudible lips sing your prayers.
The demons, the Angels, the fairies the beings that out not to be there.
Surrounding you closing in on you making sport and play of your fears.
Her agile fingers caress you gracefully ridding your cheek of their tears.
You find solstice and clarity in her gentle embrace as if all your sins forgiven.
You find substance and food in her teachings, as if finding something worth living.
You thought your self to be saved, and this woman is proof of your enlightenment.
You thought yourself worth of her notice, for surely she is heaven sent.
Her hair turns black and the roots do twiddle into broken roots and ends.
Her eyes now showing the fiery shadows of hell causing you to look again.
Her heart is blacked a bottomless pit containing the immorality of men.
Shes a soul eater, a scandalous treacherous feeding on the practice of sin.
How could you fall to one so obviously evil, a woman of the flesh?
such temptress act now seem so lethal, death caused by her very caress.
Her nails sink in deeper pulling you closer, your captured in her grasp.
skin bleeding repulsively, take a deep breath, this too shall pass.
How can a beauty be so lovely, and at the same time so grotesque?
she drowns you mercilessly , you scream lividly, every sin confessed.
Atlas your eyes have been opened the virgin stands before you once more.
Your own heart racing your back on your knees, you stand before the lord.
It's been a long war an ever going battle, never will it be able to end.
The struggle of good versus evil the battle of Gods and men.
Hold fast to your wives, love thy neighbor, break bread with each other
worry not about the wars of good and evil for neither can live without the other.

© 2014 NotaBene


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

In a great many ways this reminded me of a Greek Hero who knew to tie his body to a mast, to hear the songs of 'Sirens' so to speak. This was the same sort of song, it brings you near.



How near is up to the writer, brilliant if i may say.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NotaBene

9 Years Ago

Thank you, I wrote this back in 2010, I don't think I really recall the reason, but if I had to gues.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014
Tags: love, good, evil, gods, devils