Burnt Macaroni and Cheese

Burnt Macaroni and Cheese

A Chapter by emilythestrange

What is so appealing about burnt stuff? I thought as I left the lunch queue. And cheese? Ugh... How could anyone eat this stuff? I chucked it in the bin on my way out of the main doors. I always leave school at lunch time... The staff are used to it now. I go to Queen Elizabeth Grimmer School in West London. It's very fancy. We don't wear uniforms. All the kids who're in the orphanage go there, because it has a Primary and a nursery as well. “Hey, Bella! " . Oh God no, I thought. Lily Wilkinson. Lily was the most popular girl in school, Ellie George's top girl. Or rather, her slave. Lily tried to be cool; wearing sailor bikini's to pool parties, and satin minis out in town. Today she was wearing a ruffled green skirt and a blue tank top (or "aqua”, as she calls it). She had her fine, curly black hair in a quiff, and was carrying some invitations. “Lily, before you say anything, I just want you to know that going to Ellie's party would be about as bad as dying and going to a hell dimension in which I lived with One Direction " I said before she handed me my invite. " And don't call me Bella “I said just as I was walking out of the door.

 

Really, it's against the rules to leave school without telling anyone. But I do it all the time. In fact, I think the teachers would be more surprised if I actually came to afternoon lessons. But that particular day was a special day. It was the eighth anniversary of my parents’ deaths. I was going to go to the house. Not in it, or anything, but I'd just stand by the lamppost.

 

I started walking down the road, and passed a few people on the way. There was Flossie, a sensitive girl who was also in the orphanage. She had deep set almost purple eyes and thick, straight, brown eyes. Then there was Damien- again, from the orphanage, who had narrow eyes the colour of milk chocolate and fine, straight, white hair. As I got closer to the house, I got closer to the orphanage, which meant that I saw more and more kids that I knew. I saw Jake- obnoxious and cunning, with orange eyes and luxurious, straight, coffee coloured, neck- length hair. And just as I turned the corner, I saw Russell, a mysterious boy with jade eyes and fine, straight, charcoal coloured hair, being beaten up by the local bullies. “Hey!” I shouted, and they looked up. They took one three second look at me and turned the other way. Watching them run away made me smile, but I stopped when I saw the burnt remains of house.



© 2012 emilythestrange


Author's Note

emilythestrange
* Note that I've changed some names- Damien is Torr and Russel is Callum.
I'm completly re- writing this... I didn't really like the story before.
* Also note that you will at some point in the book, you will actually understand the tile( possibly in the next chapter)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The general structure of the chapter confuses me; as you need to space out the sentences more. Breaking it off into three separate sections is fine; just start a new line or something before any notable shift in topic.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with Matty lol :) I just think your spacing needs some fixing. Its a bit intimidating to see one big block of text that you have to read. Break it up a bit. Great chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

Thank you and I will fix that......I always forget about paragraphs....
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

haha its ok :)
emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

:)
Well Emily what can I say....Its great and refreshing like a summer rain to see one of your light hearted and very odd writes...You are so brilliant when it comes to naming, wording, and all around writing in such a fresh and strange LoL way...Burnt Macaroni and Cheese is great and I am glad to read another great write from you Emily....I also love your very descriptive skills when it comes to talking about your characters...I will be reading the next chapter!! :o) good job Emily

Posted 11 Years Ago


emilythestrange

11 Years Ago

Thanks.... And also I thank you for the support you have showed for my writing in all the time I've .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012


Author

emilythestrange
emilythestrange

The Place that my Pen may take me, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Amateur writer, director, live-er, hair brusher, modern-living-girl, and brussel sprout eater, and cleaner. Professional poet, wonder-er, reader, imagin-eer, word user, weirdo, Nerdfighter, Danasaur,.. more..

Writing
God God

A Story by emilythestrange