This Isn't Even A Warm Look...

This Isn't Even A Warm Look...

A Chapter by emilythestrange

       

I woke up on an orange bed, in a room with red walls and a yellow carpet. I walked over to the door, and pushed at it. It was locked. But this time I couldn't just pull out a stolen spare key, this time I had no idea where I was. I hugged myself, and looked in all the drawers and under the bed. I don't quite know why- somewhere to hide, I guess. I was walking across the room when I saw myself in the mirror. I was wearing a tan coloured top and a ruffled stripy skirt. “Ugh!” I said to myself, but didn't have time to change, because the door opened.

Standing in the doorway was a woman, who was almost transiluquent. In fact, she was a see through-y blue. She had silky, curly looking hair and round eyes, which I'm sure, were brown when she was alive." Good evening" she said. “My name is Lydia”.

She gestured for me to follow her and she led me through a bunch of hallways until we reached at white door, labelled "The Elements”.

“Gran’ evenin'" a cruel looking women said, as I took my seat at the white table. I studied her as she flashed Lydia a brutal look, and took her over to the side. She had narrow black eyes, which were almost obsidian, and fine, straight chocolate coloured hair worn in a style like a fluttering flag. She was short and had a muscular build. Her skin was cream coloured and she had a pointed chin. I looked around the room at all the other people- all the people who I saw on the way back to the orphanage. Damien, Flossie, Jake. Everyone looked at each other- What the hell is going on? Are we going to die? Numerous questions ran through our minds- everyone was so scared. All eyes snapped back to the women as she stepped up at the other end of the table. “Oi nu dat yer are al' gobsmacked an' scared- but oi'm afraid dat we 'av other things ter worry aboyt”. I caught eyes with Lydia- she seemed kind and likeable, and she was the only person I truly trusted in that room. She smiled a reassuring smile, and turned back to the women. “Is mise Stefanie Liz Ward, but yer shall nu me as Miss. Ward. Scon are 'ere ter teach yer 'oy ter use de things we are givin' you- but first yer must nu waaat yisser presents are" . She turned around, and pressed a small white button on the wall which I hadn't even noticed before. The wall opened up, and behind it was a big room, all split into different sections. Jake and the others went in but I just stood there. The room was so big.



© 2012 emilythestrange


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012


Author

emilythestrange
emilythestrange

The Place that my Pen may take me, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Amateur writer, director, live-er, hair brusher, modern-living-girl, and brussel sprout eater, and cleaner. Professional poet, wonder-er, reader, imagin-eer, word user, weirdo, Nerdfighter, Danasaur,.. more..

Writing
God God

A Story by emilythestrange