Awakening! How I May or May Not Feel About You

Awakening! How I May or May Not Feel About You

A Chapter by Emunah June.

So it was decided. The Elric brothers would stay at the Rockbell household. As Ed and Al took their suitcases to the guestroom, I walked outside to the front lawn to look at the view of the water. It was midday, so the water sparkled intently. I sighed as the wind pushed the hair out of my face. How well Alphonse had greeted me....and how awfully Edward had not. It made my heart swell with sadness to know that Ed didn't really care. He had to be happy now that was close to Winry. I watched as some fish flew out of the water, basked in the sun for a split second, then fell back into the cool water below. I puffed out a breath before I looked over the hill. If I were to run just little bit, I could make it to my old house....

My feet seemed to have a mind of their own as I ran. The wind hissed in my ears and pushed hair into my eyes, but I payed no attention. Finally, I stumbled over the hill, and it finally came into view: my old home. It was the one that mother and father had abandoned. It was the one I ran into the day Ed lost his arm and leg. It was the one where I had met Winry.

 

It was the one that was now inhabited by strangers.

 

Against all the tiny naggy feelings in my chest, I sat on the lawn and stared out into the sky. Just like the four of us used to....

 

The four of us.

 

I began to remember times where we all sat here, slurpping down ice cream, with Winry telling me of the new dresses in the shopping plaza, and Ed screaming at Al for taking a bite of his ice cream. In those days, innocence was what we all breathed.

 

What we all were able to obtain in a simple "I'd-like-a-cookie" type of puppy dog look.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"And there was this really pretty green one, Koda! You should have seen it!" Winry cried. I nodded, upset that I hadn't. "What other kinds of dresses where there?" I would ask, and Winry would sit back and yawn. "Red ones, white ones, wedding ones, formal ones..." she'd list, and I'd marvel at her fashion knowledge. The coolest fashion type thing I knew was that my pillow was made of silk. "And..." she'd said one time, "There was this one that I'd think he'd like to see you in." I sighed. "Really? He'd like it?" I asked. Winry nodded.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It was getting late, and I was surprised that the owner of the home hadn't kicked me off the lawn yet. Maybe he didn't see me.

Just like Edward. Was I never there?

I stood up and began to walk back. The sunset was glaring into my eyes. I covered the side of my head so I would be able to see where I was going. I was halfway down the path when I saw other human figure about to pass me. The figure gasped, and I realized that it was Al.

 

"Al...what are you doing here?" I asked. He sighed. "There you are. Winry sent me to look for you. Where have you been?" he asked. "Just.....sitting on the lawn of my old house. I was....daydreaming of those days....y'know.....the ones we experienced together....just the four of us," I explained. "Well, let's go back. C'mon, I'll even go with you," he said.

 

We walked in silence for a while, then I spoke. "Hey, um, Al....is Ed mad at me?" I asked. Al stopped walking. "No...why? Did he say something?" he asked. "No, he didn't, which is why I was wondering if he was mad. At the table earlier...he hardly ever looked at me....even when I was talking to him. He kept staring at Winry," I replied. Al began to walk again, and I followed close behind. "Uh....I don't know why he wouldn't look at you. I'll talk to him about it."

As soon as Al and I walked in the door, Winry gave me a glare. "Where did you go?!" she asked. I scratched the back of my head. "Dreamland!" I joked, but she wasn't laughing. "We're about to eat dinner, and you just dissapeared! Again! You do this all the time!" she cried. I sighed. "I still feel a little naseous," I explained, "Just put some aside for me for later. I'm going to lie down."



© 2011 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter! Now on to the next!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I wonder why Ed is acting so weird. he better not like winry or I'll throw a wrench at his head. I'm serious.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on January 1, 2011


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..