Chapter 3: An Escape

Chapter 3: An Escape

A Chapter by Kaelyn

"Okay, I saw some doors that said 'DO NOT ENTER' on them so first of all, we have to go in there to see what's up." said Adam and I nodded. He led me out of my room and across the hall.

We stopped running and stood in front of the door that had that big white sign with black letters hanging from a nail. "Ready?" Adam asked and I nodded insecurely. "What ever is in there and it tries to hurt you, I want you to do your ancient karate stuff, okay?" I started to object. "But what if my parents are in there?" he shook his head and said, "It doesn't matter, besides, what has your so called 'parents' ever done for you?" I thought of many things that they have done for me, but I thought of the big main reason I was escaping.

Adam brought up his foot and brought t he door down with it. Dust flew up making me bring my hand up to my mouth and my eyes squint. Adam led me in while dust was still flying and I accidentally bumped into him as he was standing there with his mouth open. "What?" i asked and looked up changing over to my terrified mood.

Lines of hooks held the most heart breaking thing ever. My parents. They were hung by their arms with their heads bowed. It looked like over fifty of each. My breath was caught in my throat and my mind was frosted over with the thought of robot parents.

I stepped back in terror with tears in my eyes.

"I told you." said Adam but I didn't want to believe in any of this. "This is the truth you are seeing. Someone’s controlling the house along with everyone inside especially you. Who ever is controlling it has to be on the outside." he concluded.

If someone was controlling my parents, that means my tutors were robots as well.

I wiped my eyes, turned, and ran off toward the studio where my karate teacher would be. "Zinc! Come back here! You can't do anything about it!" he yelled but I ignored him.

I ran with sweat gliding down the side of my face and my backpack just making it harder to run with such emotion. It would be great if I could make out what emotion it was. Was it sadness? Anger? Hatred or joy?

I busted into the studio seeing my teacher bow with false respect. "Ready for your next lesson?" she asked standing back up straight. "No, but you're ready for your first lesson from me!" i yelled and stomped over to her. She smiled and said, "Okay first we'll-" "Shut up sensei." I said and jammed my foot into her face with force causing her head to pop off. Wires were popping out from her neck with little electrical pops every so once in a while. I clenched my fists and jammed my foot into her chest causing the robot shell to fall to the matted floor.

Suddenly, a loud alarm rang drowning me in a sharp red light making me bolt out of the studio and into the gym room.

"Hello Zink, ready to do some flips and cartwheels?" she asked and I shook my head. "Sure why not?" I started flipping towards her and when I reached her, i stopped and spun around kicking her head off with a "Ha!" of victory. Electrical wires stuck out with little fizzes of light like my karate teacher. "Can't do that now can you?" I asked before I ran out of the room.

I bumped into something and stumbled back looking up. "I told you not to run off." scolded Adam lightly as i rolled my eyes. "You ready to taste the glory of freedom?" he asked and I nodded with a "Hell yeah!"

There were some male shouting behind us so I said, "We have to get out of here quicker than I thought."

I led him down the stairs and saw my robot parents standing there with an angered look on their faces. "I told you to do your homework young lady." she scolded. "I am right now." i said as I walked past her to the door. "Don't you dare young lady!" she shouted. "You're not my mom! You can't control me anymore!" I shouted as i reached for the knob. I took my hand back as it shocked me. "Adam?" I looked over to him and he nodded. he walked up to the door and jammed his foot into the side of the door causing it to swing open and reveal a bigger building with many people rushing around like crazy as if they were late to do some things.

The first thing I noticed when I stepped out of the house was a shower of freedom that overcame my terror. Next was my brown hair. It wasn't brown anymore. It was pure white. Not bleach blond, but blank paper white.

"Come back here!" i heard yells behind me and jolted forward having the people stop and stare at me with wonder and terror. A man walked in front of me in a suit. He looked old and had white hair wrapped around his head but a bald spot on top. "I advise you to get back into the house." he said calmly. "Yeah! Says you not me! I'm breaking out of this straight jacket!" i shouted and he looked surprised. "What happened to the obedient Zincamine Dasani Jordan Forkler?" I gritted my teeth. "How do you know who I am? Who are you?" I demanded. "The name's Coupe. This is Multivision dear. You're not escaping." he laughed making me chuckle. "That's what you think."

"The exit is on the other side." whispered Adam into my ear. I nodded and squinted my eyes seeing a silver door twenty nine meters behind the guy.

Men in black vests with red letters spelling out Multivision surrounded us. "Who's your little friend? There's no way he could have gotten in here." said Coupe. I looked at Adam and wondered the same thing. "I've been here the whole time. You just haven't noticed." he said. "Ah, I know who you are now. You're from the drawing aren't you?" asked Coupe. Adam didn't do anything.

The men started closing in on us more. "Adam, there's too many of them. I can't all beat them up." he nodded and sighed. "Time for plan B." he said making me wonder what's plan B. "What's plan-" "Take my hand!" he snapped grabbing mine first and jumped into the air spreading out what looked like dragon wings. My mouth hung open as he pulled me up and held my waists gliding over the men.

"Get them down from there!" Coupe yelled and I heard many gun shots sound as we floated over groups of people. "Don't let them escape!"

A sharp burning pain sank into my ankle and I slammed my eyes shut absorbing the pain like a grown person instead of crying and screaming.

His body started to lower as we came closer to the door.

"I want you to open the door!" Adam said.

"But we're not even on the ground yet!"

"Hold your hands out and push open the door when we come to the door. There's no knob."

"Are you sure?" I asked in a tone that sounded like I wasn't going through the pain in my ankle.

"You can do it. Trust me. Get ready now." he said and I nodded.

I held my arms out with my elbows bent getting ready for the door to come and hit my face.

More guns went off but they all missed as my hands pressed on the door. I straightened my arms as fast and strong as I could opening the door to our content. I felt the air of Adams wings hit the side of my face as we flew higher in the air.

The sunlight drowned us giving me a tingling feeling on my bare skin that I had never felt before. The light I had never seen was too bright to even look at. The fresh air was delicious as it splashed on my happy tongue.

His body started to lower as we became farther from my simulated home. We came upon trees in a park and he safely landed in the tree setting me on the branch. We sat next to each other looking down at the park. "Thanks Adam." I said. "You're welcome."

Little kids were running around giggling and screaming playfully as they slid down slides and swung on swings. A pair of kids were throwing back and forth a giant blue ball that they could barely get their hands on. I smiled at the day dream of me playing around as a little kid there but was interrupted.

"Zinc?" I looked at Adam with a questionable look. "Your ankle." I looked down at my ankle that was hanging off the tree branch and saw blood dripping from my black flats onto the grass. "Oh, its nothing." I lied but that didn't change his insecure expression on his face. "You were shot weren't you?" I shrugged and said, "It's nothing. I hardly feel a thing." I smiled but that didn't change a thing in his eyes. "What? Why are we even in a tree? We should get out of here." Once I took a good look at him I saw his dragon wings were gone. I shook my head and started to lower myself from the tree branch. I landed on the foot that wasn't injured and brushed myself off.

"Well, what do we do next?" I asked myself.



© 2011 Kaelyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on December 20, 2011


Author

Kaelyn
Kaelyn

Upland, CA



About
I'm a tomboy...so I'm female. I don't normally like nailpolish, dresses, bumped up hair, ponytails, high squealy giggles, drama, gossip. I'm more into blood, horror, bike riding, reading, anime, hrmmm.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Stolen Chapter 1: Stolen

A Chapter by Kaelyn