Chapter 5: Multivision

Chapter 5: Multivision

A Chapter by Kaelyn

“Help us. Please help us. Please. We need you. Please. We’re going to die. Please help us! Zinc! Zinc help! Where are you?! Where did you go!? We need you to come back! We’re suffering! Help! Help! Help!”

“Where are you? I can’t find you! Everything is dark! I can’t find you! Please tell me where you are!”

“Zinc help! Help us Zinc!”

“Where are you? I can’t find you! I can’t help if I can’t see you!”

“Zinc hurry! We’re going to die! Hurry! Hurry!”

“Hello! Where are you! Why won’t you answer my question? Where are you!?”

“Zinc, help us! They’re going to kill all three of us! Hurry! He’s lighting it! He’s going to burn everything down!”

“God d****t! Where are you!?” I screamed and cried. Whoever they were, I knew they were important and I wanted to help them.

“After us, they’ll come after you next!”

“Who? Who!?” I was becoming frustrated and I wanted answers. Everything was pitch dark and all I could hear was three other voices coming together to form one scary voice.

“We need you Zinc. We all need you. Help.”

The voice started to fade but the word “help” kept repeating as it faded in the distance. It bothered me that I couldn’t help them. It bothered me that they didn’t tell me where or who they were. I wanted to help. I wanted to save them, but it seemed that not everyone could be saved.

I stood there staring ahead in the darkness as the voices faded. I couldn’t help them. Even though it was all a dream, I still wanted to help the people that needed me.

Once I couldn’t hear the voices anymore, there was this high shrill scream as if someone was being murdered. After the sound had finished, it echoed on as it diminished just like the other voices had.

“Zinc! Zinc! Hey! Get up! Wake up!”

I sat up with sweat running down my forehead and tears staining my cheeks. I wiped most of it off with the back of my hand as I caught my breath from the horrible nightmare.

I saw Adam’s outline in the dark and his voice say, “That sounded like a pretty bad nightmare. Are you okay?”

I coughed and leaned over hugging my knees. “Adam, I have a really bad feeling. We need to leave. Their ganna-they’re going to-they just-” I stopped myself and dug my face into my knees but I didn’t cry. I just breathed slowly calming myself down.

“I think that you were just scared from your dream. It’s nothing to worry about. When you go back to sleep I bet you’ll have a wonderful dream filled with sugarplum fairies and their candy cane wands.”

“I think you’re right. I’m sorry if I woke you up. I’ll just-”

The doorbell rang.

I looked at him confused but he just shrugged so I stood up and walked over to the curtained window. I pulled the material back just a little bit and saw a group of people gathered around a black car.

“Multivision!” gasped Adam and I stepped back quickly.

“How did they find us so fast?” I hissed.

“We aren’t that far away from there.” Pointed out Adam. I slapped myself internally.

“Okay, what I need you to do is get out a blank piece of paper and a pencil. Hurry! They’re already banging on the door!” He hissed as I heard a voice yell from behind the door.

“What’s that ganna do? Oh great! I get to poke them in the eye and suffocate them with paper!” I said sarcastically and he scowled.

“I’ll explain later. Just hurry!”

I scoffed and ran over to my backpack unzipping it and rummaging through my backpack. I gasped.

“I forgot to pack extra paper!” I yelled and I heard Adam curse.

“Open up the damn door!” I hear a female voice yell and I panicked.

I grabbed a skinny washable Crayola marker and zipped up my backpack running over to Adam. “All I need is paper.” I said and Adam looked down at the marker.

“You can’t draw anything professional with that puny thing.” All I did was smile before asking, “What do I draw and where?” I asked squeezing the marker with determination. “I don’t know. How about on my arm?” he asked and I rolled my eyes. “There’s no time for a tattoo.” I said frustrated. “Trust me. Just do it!”

“Open the door you damn kids!” the voice yelled again making me cringe.

“Okay! Okay!” I yelled in defeat uncapping the marker.

Now, how did a sword look like again? I thought as I pointed the uncapped marker at his forearm. Let’s see, it was pointy, silver, and shiny, had a handle kind of like a knife, was long, and could easily slice through a soft material. I drew a straight black line on his forearm and pointed it at the top like a diamond. I came down on the other side and went outwards to shape the handle.

The banging on the door was getting more brutal and the lady left with Makenzie before we fell asleep to get groceries and some other stuff. The pressure of time was starting to close down on me and I didn’t know what was happening or what was going to happen.

I rounded the bottom and went back up to shape the other side of the handle and to make it meet my first line. When that happened I drew straight diagonal lines at the top to make it look shiny but it was just a quick drawing that was done on an arm with a skinny black marker. It wouldn’t look too detailed but it was better than having some six year-old draw it messing up everything if they didn’t know how to draw a sword.

“That’s pretty good for a marker like that and an arm like mine.” he laughed. “Trust me. If your arm was hairy, it would have been even more difficult and bad looking.” I sighed and closed the marker. “What now?” I asked and he held up his other hand signaling me to shut up.

I watched the sword closely like he was and it started to glow vaguely. I gasped and stepped back dropping the marker. “Wait.” he said as the picture started to glow more vibrantly making the light bounce in his eyes. That’s when I noticed how dashing he was with his long skater brown hair that was messy but showed his playful side. His black and white plaid shirt was wrinkled in some places and he wore comfortable looking black skinny jeans. His eyes were a peaceful and piercing blue that was breath taking when he smiled.

“What are you looking at?” he asked annoyed and I stepped back crossing my arms and looking away stubbornly. “Nothing.” I mumbled and he shook his head. “Now watch this.” he said and I looked back to his arm that had a soft blue light leaking out of it trying to find every space to fill before exploding like it did to the point where I couldn’t see his arm. I stepped back and covered my eyes with my arm gasping as the yelling increased from behind the door.

When the glowing stopped I let my arm down and gasped so deep that I choked and started coughing. His whole arm had been turned into a sword!

“Zincamine Dasani Jordan Forkler,” He got down on one knee and put his sword hand over his heart. “it is my job to protect you and protect you I will. I promise nothing will hurt you, just promise me that you will never give up fighting in these situations.” I looked at him confused and surprised. “Adam, d-don’t do that n-now.” I said and he nodded standing up. What the heck?! I screamed in my mind as he turned to the door. “Go get the long wooden broom from the kitchen and take off the top. You can use it when you’re fighting. You did use sticks in your martial arts class right?” he asked and I nodded. “Get going. I’ll answer them.” I nodded and ran into the kitchen looking for the broom I had saw in the corner of my eye when I was taking those pills.

I found it next to the fridgerator and grabbed it running back to the living room. I ripped of the top and started twirling it in my hands getting ready to beat the crap out of the people who were trying to take me back for their own needs.

“Who is it?” called Adam behind the door. There was one large pound on the door before a female voice yelled; “Open the door or I’ll knock it down. I know Zinc is in there! If you hand her over you won’t get hurt!” I gripped the broom and cursed in my mind. “I think it’s the other way around! Leave and I won’t slice your head off!” Adam shouted. “That’s it!” the lady said and the large knocking continued.

“Get ready Zinc. We’re about to face a whole lot of ugly.” I saw him tense up rubbing off the anxiety on me.

They were the ones who trapped me. They were the ones who kept me a secret from the world for my whole life. They were the ones who caused the pain in my ankle and the trouble I had to go through just to learn about the world. They provided me with many parents that weren’t even human. They made my hate for them grow on me more every minuet. My hate grew every time I thought of the ways they wasted the good fourteen years of my life. All I thought of were the downsides of being trapped in that place. It angered me enough to have to restrain myself from beating the door down myself.

When the door came down, a girl who looked to be in her late teens or early twenties looked ticked off. She was wearing a sleeveless black shirt with stretchy looking black pants. She was wearing black heels that were high and half of her face was metal having her right eye glow green. She held an advanced looking silver pistol that looked more advanced than what I saw in pictures.

Adam pointed his new sword arm at her and narrowed his eyes. She only smiled slyly pointing her pistol at him. “Well, well, well, I have to kill a rebel eh?” she laughed and cocked her gun. “This will sure be a carnival.” her voice was smooth and ticked me off somehow but I held my stance. “Ah, there she is.” She looked at me. “My name is Illia and I’ll be your escort back to your mansion.” she bowed like I was a queen making me sick. “What a joke.” I scoffed letting the words accidentally slip from my mouth. I cringed and stepped back once she held her head back up.

She smiled evilly and held her pistol back up shooting a round but missing my face by an inch. My body froze up out of surprise and I breathed in slowly. “Zinc!” Adam yelled looking over his shoulder and smiling in relief once he saw I wasn’t directly shot at. “What? You didn’t think I’d do it?” she said like an innocent child shrugging her shoulders. “You two sure are naïve.” she laughed putting her hand on her hip.

“Damn you! You will never be forgiven!” yelled Adam and ran at her with an open sword ready to cu anything off. She held her arm up and took in the blow to her arm, but all I heard was a loud clank. “Silly boy. I’m have mechanical.” she said pulling down her long black gloved revealing a metal arm. After she pulled her glove back up she planted her metal fist in her face making him fall to my feet.

I narrowed my eyes at her and scowled. She started walking into the house as Adam was trying to get up.

“Just you and me. My partner will take care of this boy.” After she said that, a large man walked to her side that looked buff and scary with his facial expressions.

Adam stood up and said, “Take Illia, I’ll take the weak looking one next to her.” He smiled and looked at the man who was enraged by his comment. “Weak? Who are you calling weak?” he shouted with his loud deep voice.

Illia came at me with full force with her arm but I blocked it with the long stick and threw her arm away.

“Just stop and accept your fate now. Nothing good will come from fighting or running.” she laughed and I twirled the stick. I moved next batting at her side but that turned out to be metal also so I tried hitting her other side but she predicted my next move and turned to grab the stick with her metal hand. “You have a lot to learn.” She tempted to spin the stick and flip me onto my back but I released my grip just a little bit so the stick would slide easily in my sweat hands and I swirled until I was in the position of holding the stick out like a sword. I pushed forward with most of my might and jammed it in the part of her stomach that wasn’t metal causing her to cough and stumble back letting go. I twirled the stick and stabbed her with the stick yet again in the stomach causing her to slam into the wall. I swiped the stick over her legs tripping her making her tumble to her butt against the wall.

“It looks like you’ll be the one to learn.” I smiled and brought my foot to slap her in the cheek that was covered with skin instead of metallic materials taking over the dead cells in her face. I caused her nose to bleed and her bottom lip to swell but she smiled ever so lightly annoying the crap out of me. I kicked her again but she only smiled. I clenched my teeth and stepped back bumping into something big.

“Zinc! Watch out!” I heard Adam yell from his battle scene and that’s when I knew that there were more than just two Multivision members in the house. I felt a pound of metal softly land on my shoulder but I didn’t know what it was. Out of panic I grab the meal and pulled it down flipping another Multivision member over me and into the wall next to Illia. I clenched my fists and whimpered in pain looking at my palms. My hands were cut deeply and blood was starting to flow. I clenched my teeth and looked up at nothing with tear filled eyes trying not to cry from the pain.

All at once I felt a metal fist sink into my stomach and a heeled foot scrape my cheek. My feet came out from under me and I ended up rolling t the other side of the room and into the wall letting out a deep yell of pain.

“Zinc! Get up!” yelled Adam worriedly.

Once I saw the two walking over to me, I faced the wall in panic and started drawing on the wall with my blood. My heavy breathing seemed to lock out all the sounds of pain and grunts of determination. I had to draw something that would cut through metal but would be able to hit them from a distance. I kept the image in my head and the description of what it would do as I drew its parts as quickly as I could.

When I had finished the drawing, I set my five fingertips on the picture and watched it as it started glowing the blue just like it had when I had drew the sword on Adam. I felt my hand starting to sink into the wall as if it was quick sand but it was just a wall that had somehow been magic-a-fied with my own hands-no-my own blood.

When I felt that a little more than my wrist had been pulled in, something filled my hands making me close my eyes as a draft picked up my short white hair. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and opened my eyes pulling it out as fast as I could.

I sat up and looked in my hands seeing a pistol a tiny bit bigger than what Illia had but it would surely go through her metal.

I pointed it at Illia with a terrified look on my face but I pushed my finger down on the trigger and watched Illia fall to her back with a singed hole on the metal side of her chest where the laser bullet had hit her. I pointed at the other man who I figured out had a sword that had cut my hands and shot him too. I finally turned around to Adam and shot the guy he was battling. I pulled the trigger again and he was down in a millisecond.

I held my stomach and was breathing deeply looking at my bloodied hands that were hurting really bad at that moment.

“Zinc! Are you okay?” Adam rushed to my side with blood running down his forehead and a bleeding nose. “Can you not worry about me for once and think about yourself for once. I’m fine. I’m just out of breath. I’m just-” I stopped by breathing in deeply and clenching my fists.

I decided to suck it up and make my way up to my feet that were numb and wobbly from the whole surprising experience.

“W-what did I j-just d-do?” I pointed to the wall where I pulled out the laser gun that probably killed the two guys but not Illia because she was standing up by the time I was fully up.

“Nice one kid.” she said and I watched as the two men disappeared. “Where did they go?” I asked and she just smiled. “We’ll meet real soon, but when we do I’ll have your head. Remember this Zincamine. You barley got off this time, but the next time, I won’t let you off so easy.” And just like the others, she disappeared slowly leaving me confused.

I took a deep breath that made a light feeling come to my head and tripped on my own two feet and fell to my side.

“Zinc!” Adam rushed to my side with worry in his cute blue eyes. “You’re going to be just fine! Just hang in there!” he encouraged.

“What’s going on here?” I looked up to see a blurry image of the lady with Makenzie shaking with fear.

“They came to take her! They came to take her away again! They wanted her back! They found us! They wanted to-”

“Calm down Adam.” the lady interrupted and I could tell that Adam was almost crying. “Who came son?” she asked.

One word escaped his lips.

The word I had hated for a whole eighteen hours.

The word I would want to destroy.

The word that had brought me this unbelievable pain.

“Multivision.”



© 2011 Kaelyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

171 Views
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 22, 2011


Author

Kaelyn
Kaelyn

Upland, CA



About
I'm a tomboy...so I'm female. I don't normally like nailpolish, dresses, bumped up hair, ponytails, high squealy giggles, drama, gossip. I'm more into blood, horror, bike riding, reading, anime, hrmmm.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Stolen Chapter 1: Stolen

A Chapter by Kaelyn